Profile for jlee745 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jlee745 "jlee745" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Candle in the Darkness (Refiner's Fire, Book 1)
Candle in the Darkness (Refiner's Fire, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, February 20, 2015
Enjoed

Muk Luks Women's Helga Tradition Slipper Bootie, Black, Large/8-9
Muk Luks Women's Helga Tradition Slipper Bootie, Black, Large/8-9

4.0 out of 5 stars a little snug, December 2, 2013
I normally wear a 9 tennis shoe but 8 to 8 1/2 boots and dress shoes. I ordered the large 8-0 and they are a little snug but I have read that this material will stretch out so I am going to keep them.

D1780-2BT DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone with Digital Answering System and Bluetooth CELLLiNK, Silver, 2 Handsets
Offered by shannonfannon
Price: $149.99
6 used & new from $29.80

1.0 out of 5 stars Hate this phone, October 9, 2012
First reason I don't like this phone is that the caller idea never comes up. Never had a problem with phones in the past. Second reason is the phone range is not to good. Third: my cell phone has blue tooth but it will not work with the phone. My daughters will but mine won't.Fourth: Caller id doesn't instantly come up while trying to see the missed calls. Fifth: Nobody ever hears me say hello the first time I have to say it at least 2 or 3 times. This happens ever time I answer the phone. It has never happened on any of the other phones. I should have returned it but I hate the hassle.

The Supernaturals
The Supernaturals
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghostly not gory, November 8, 2011
This review is from: The Supernaturals (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. An awesome ghostly book without all the gore. This is my first D.Golemon book but I will be reading some of his others and hoping there will be
a sequel.

FLESH & BONES (Jake Lassiter Legal Thrillers Book 7)
FLESH & BONES (Jake Lassiter Legal Thrillers Book 7)
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, August 19, 2011
This legal thriller grabbed my interest from the start. The beginning had romance and mystery and I did not want to put it down. Somewhere in the middle of the book I felt like I was reading the same the over and over again. I felt like I was missing something when he was with the family like I had walked in on the middle of story.(I found out after finishing that it was not the first in the series). If I did not hate quiting things this book would have been deleted. I am glad I stuck it through to the end. The end of the book grabbed my interest again mainly because the story line acutally changed up a little. The ending was so good that I am considering reading the second one to see
if Jake and Chrissy continue with their relationship. I also was not a fan of the constant movie trivia and references.
I gave it 3 stars based on the beginning and ending.
I received acomplimentary copy of the book in exchange for my review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2012 5:10 PM PST

PETER AND THE VAMPIRES (Volume One) (PETER AND THE MONSTERS Book 1)
PETER AND THE VAMPIRES (Volume One) (PETER AND THE MONSTERS Book 1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for ages 13 and under., July 21, 2011
My mom received a complimentary copy of this book to read and review and she asked me if I would like to do it for her. I really was not interested in reading it because I thought it was for preteens. When I didn't have anything else to read, I decided to give it a try. I didn't really expect it to be as good as it was. Nine and a half year old Peter, his mom, and two year old sister, Beth, have to move in with their mom's dad because she lost her job. To make the situation worse is the creepy grandfather. Even Beth finds him scary/creepy. Peter and his neighbor, Dill, get into a LOT of trouble in this book. In the first story, they have thirteen dead men trying to kill them and luckily Peter's grandfather helps them find a way to re-kill them. In the second story, a girl that has a HUGE crush on Peter turns into a vampire and starts trying to find a way to get Peter to let her bite him. In the third story, Beth gets exchanged for a changeling (faerie or troll baby) and Peter and Dill have to find a way to get Beth back without having to go into faerie world. The last story, fourth, is about a swamp monster that attacks two boys and Peter and Dill try to find a way to rescue them before the swamp monster eats them. Over-all it was a REALLY good book, but I would advice parents to not let kids under the age of thirteen read this book because there is some profanity and there are some "scary" situations. I think that this would be a good story for even adults to read.

Forgotten April
Forgotten April
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Grabs your interest from the beginning!, June 29, 2011
This review is from: Forgotten April (Kindle Edition)
Forgotten April by Robyn Bradley was a complimentary copy in exchange for my review. When I read the description I was very leery about reading it. The description
seemed very depressing especially when I read that the mom was suffering with alzheimer because my grandfather also had it. Life with an alzheimer patient is a hard life and my heart when out to April. Seeing your parent become a child is not something anyone wants to see.
The story is told from multiple points of views so you get a little break from April's saddness. Each chapter is told by a different character and I really enjoyed that. I completely agree with the other reviewers that it was confusing in the first few chapter but once you learned all the characters it was no problem. I also enjoyed how each character's chapter ending with a little mystery. It made me want to jump ahead a few chapters to find out what happened.
Forgotten April grabbed my interest from the start where I normally have a hard time getting into books in the beginning. I am so glad I overlooked the description and read it anyway. Now that I am finished I am going shopping to see if Robyn's has another book I can purchase. Really good book!

Magician's Muse (The Seer Series)
Magician's Muse (The Seer Series)
by Linda Joy Singleton
Price: $7.93
69 used & new from $2.27

5.0 out of 5 stars needs another book, June 15, 2011
I feel that there needs to be a 7th one because of the way the 6th one ended. It was an amazing book, but I didn't like the way it ended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2011 10:07 PM PDT

Dancing in the Moonlight (Silhouette Special Edition)
Dancing in the Moonlight (Silhouette Special Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed but predictable, January 27, 2010
This is the first book I read on my Ipod Kindle app. It had a slow start or maybe I was having a hard time getting use to not turning pages. I was determined to adapt to reading on the ipod(hubby won't buy me a kindle :( and it turned out pretty good. Typical romance you knew the ending after reading the first few pages.

Fantasy (Feat. O.D.B.)
Fantasy (Feat. O.D.B.)
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love 90's music, December 17, 2008
This review is from: Fantasy (Feat. O.D.B.) (MP3 Music)
They don't make music like they use to. Love this song and now my kids do to.

Page: 1 | 2