Profile for Shawn Kovacich > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 655

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shawn Kovacich "Shawn Kovacich" RSS Feed (The Greatest Little City in the World)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Amped Wireless ATHENA, High Power AC2600 Wi-Fi Router with MU-MIMO (RTA2600)
Amped Wireless ATHENA, High Power AC2600 Wi-Fi Router with MU-MIMO (RTA2600)
Price: $279.99
16 used & new from $279.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great For Me and All My Tech, July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Admittedly it took me a little while to get this all set-up, but once I did it worked great and has for the past several days. Let's just see how it holds up in the long haul (fingers crossed), but so far absolutely no complaints. One thing that really stood out to me was that this router gives you the ability to turn the lights off so that you don't have an annoying series of lights constantly on. The range and advanced features on this router are very impressive and like I stated earlier, work absolutely flawlessly since I installed it. I never really had any installation or set-up issues and the directions were really easy to understand and follow.

I would highly recommend this wireless router!

Author and Creator of numerous books and DVD's.

SteelSeries Siberia P100 Comfortable Gaming Headset for Playstation 4, PlayStation 3
Price: $49.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed At All, July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have had these headphones for about a week now and I have to say that I am not really impressed with them, although I can't really say that I detest them either. They are definitely not the best headphones that you can get, and they aren't really the worst either. However, they are not ones that I would recommend even for those of you on a budget. I can think of a few others that you could buy for just a few dollars more that are actually a lot better than these. Here is what I do like about them...

1. They are very light weight and reasonably comfortable, especially after using them for a couple of hours.

2. The audio quality is adequate for the price.

3. The microphone is actually pretty decent for the price.

Okay, now for the things that I didn't like...

1. The instruction manual is absolutely USELESS!!!

2. These headphones do not cancel out outside noises. You can still hear things going on around you.

3. The cord is way too short! I think it measures in at 4 feet and that simply just isn't long enough. It should be at least 8 feet.

I can not recommend this set of headphones for anyone that is even semi-serious about sound quality and functionality in their headphones. However, if you don't have a lot of money and simply just want a pair of headphones, then these will probably work just fine for you.

Author and Creator of numerous books and DVD's.

Southpaw (Blu-ray + DVD + Ultraviolet)
Southpaw (Blu-ray + DVD + Ultraviolet)
DVD ~ Jake Gyllenhaal
Price: $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Boxing Riches to Rags and Back to Riches Story, But Very Well Done!, July 24, 2015
This is undoubtedly your stereotypical boxing movie where the main character goes from riches to rags and then back to riches again. So you might be thinking to yourself that there is nothing really new here, and you would be partially correct. Nothing really new, although the storyline is a bit different with a few major changes but basically the same basic script. So why should I go and see this movie. Well that is the entire point of this review. If you are like me and watch a lot of movies, some of the stories get old and there are only so many special effects that make me go WHOA!, and then it's really nothing new. This movie however, not only is worth seeing, not because of the story so much, but for the wonderful performances of the main character Billy Hope which is played brilliantly by Jake Gyllenhaal. His performance is outstanding and dare I say it, Oscar worthy. Rachel McAdams does a great job as Billy's wife and Forrest Whittaker is of course flawless in his role as Billy's new boxing trainer/mentor.

Watching Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson's performance elicited a somewhat strange response in my cerebral cortex by making me wonder if he is really that good of a character actor, or is he really a total sleazebag in real life. I am really hoping for the former and not the latter, which would mean that he really does nail down the part of a sleazy character. Not only in this movie, but also in the Showtime series "Power," which he also stars in. I can't think of the little girl that plays Gyllenhaal's daughter in this movie, but she did a really good job and made you really think that she was his daughter.

I would strongly recommend that you do see this movie as the performance's are well worth the ticket price. As I was told long ago, the key to success is either improving upon an existing product, or making a totally new one. Well, this is not a new story, but it is a vast improvement over a lot of the previous boxing riches to rags and back to riches stories. Trust me, you don't want to miss this one!

Author and Creator of numerous books and DVD's.

Belkin Universal Mobile Keyboard Case, Wirelessly Pairs Two Smartphones and/or Tablets, Compatible with iOS and Android
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Well Made and Very Functional, Thoroughly Enjoy Using It, July 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I must admit that I didn't have very high hopes with this product when I first ordered it, but I was very surprised at how well it worked and how well it was put together since the entire thing is made of plastic. And not the cheap plastic either, this plastic is very sturdy and despite the fact that it is thin, it doesn't bend like a certain phone that issues with that.

This portable keyboard is lightweight and about the size of a medium sized laptop keyboard, not the entire laptop. It will fit into pretty much any backpack or similar type carrying case with ease and takes up very little space, which is an added benefit. The one downside is that the keys on the keyboard are smaller and closer together than on a regular keyboard, so if you have larger hands it can be an issue. If you have smaller hands you probably won't even notice the difference.

The battery is supposed to last 6 months on standby and several days of actual use. I can't attest to either claim, however I can say that I used it for a few hours the other day and had no need to recharge the battery. So I can say the battery does last awhile, I just can't say for sure how long.

I have a Galaxy S5 and I was able to sync my smartphone up in a matter of a couple of minutes, it even that, and everything worked flawlessly after that. I didn't have a tablet to try and sync up at the same time, but I don't see where you should have any problem with that either.

Very impressed with this product!

Author and Creator of numerous books and DVD's.

Little Griddle GQ120 Griddle-Q Stainless-Steel Griddle for Gas Grills, Half Size
Price: $89.64
10 used & new from $89.64

5.0 out of 5 stars What Can't You Cook On This Griddle???, July 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, I really am not quite sure how to write this review as this really isn't a product that is overly complicated or hard to use. It is made out of stainless steel, so you know it will last, and is designed to work on almost any gas grill. I have used this to cook pancakes, eggs, and bacon for breakfast, sausages and sauerkraut for lunch, and steak and shrimp for dinner. Although the steaks I cooked on the grill with the shrimp on this griddle, and every meal came out delicious!!!

This griddle fit quite well on my gas grill and I didn't have any problems with any of its features and it is really easy to clean!

I would definitely recommend this griddle as the perfect, and very welcome, addition to your current gas grill.

NOTE: They do have different sizes of griddles available, so be sure and get the perfect size for you.

Author and Creator of numerous books and DVD's.

V-LIGHT LED Energy-Efficient Desk Lamp with USB Charging Port and Smart-Device Holder (VSLC003USN)
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Made and Quite Handy, July 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have had this lamp for about a week now and I have to say that it does everything it advertises and more. Not only does it have a bendable neck to adjust to really any position you want, but it is also very sturdy. I never got the feeling that if I bent it to much one way or another that it was going to break on me and the light worked every time and in every position. Granted it may not have shone the light exactly where I had wanted it, but then all I had to do was reposition the light and everything was perfect.

The amount of light put out is very bright and I use it for close in work in my garage where I am often tinkering with a wide variety of things and gadgets. Often times where a little more light on the subject is great for fine detailed work. The lamp itself is very lightweight and the base is small enough that it doesn't take up much space and yet still holds the light perfectly fine. I really can't say enough good things about this lamp and I really don't have any complaints on it at all. I would encourage you to purchase this lamp if this is the type of lamp you are looking for.

Instinct Raw Boost Mixer Chicken Formula Dry Food for Cats, 6 oz
Instinct Raw Boost Mixer Chicken Formula Dry Food for Cats, 6 oz
Price: $22.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great High Quality Booster to Add to Food or to Give as a Treat, July 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have several cats and to me they are my furry children. I am very particular about their care and the food that they eat. One of the foods that I feed them is Natures Variety Instinct Salmon hard food. So, when I saw the raw boost mixers I just had to try them. The idea is that you can add them to their food or I was giving them as a treat.

The results I saw is normal for my cats. I have a couple that done eat any form of treat. One of them really liked the mixers. The rest of them eat treats intermittently. Sometimes they like them and other times they are not impressed. Half of them ate the mixers and the other half was not impressed. In the end the mixers went over about like any regular treat.

But I know Natures Variety is a high quality food. They have a high protein, no grain food that has extra nutrients that are good for my cats. If not, I wouldn’t feed them their food. These mixers are the same way. Along with chicken and turkey there is also pumpkin, squash, apples, kale, and lots of other good foods. That in itself is the major reason I would purchase these mixers.

In the end Natures Variety is a great food and treats. It is a little more pricy than other foods but you do have to pay for quality. The results with my cats was normal, they are cats it’s not like they are going to actively eat everything you give them. I will definitely be buying more of these in the future.

Author and Creator of numerous books and DVD's.

Creative Aurvana In-Ear2 Plus Ultra-comfortable Noise-isolating In-ear Earphones with In-line Remote and Microphone
Price: $88.42
4 used & new from $88.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Pair of Noise Limiting In-Ear Headphones, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first got these earphones I couldn’t help noticing the packaging. Here is this huge plastic box for a pair of in-ear headphones which I thought was a bit of over kill. Then trying to open the package was a nightmare. I wish I had a small child around because I’m sure they would have been able to get it open twice as fast as I did.

Once I finally got to the headphones I was excited to try them out. I wouldn’t say that they cancel out 95% of all noise. They do cancel a lot of background noise, but if you don’t have the volume up high you are still going to hear people talking to you. I did wear them while working on my computer to listen to music as I worked. The TV is in the same room and when I turned up the volume I could cancel out most of the noise from the TV.

I do like the inline volume control. It’s so nice to be able to adjust the volume with that instead of dragging my phone out of my pocket, fiddling around with it, then putting it back. There is also an adapter for planes. Sorry, I didn’t get a chance to try that out. I don’t know how well it works.

The only real problem I had was after a short time of use my ears started hurting. I have come to learn that I’m one of those people that can’t use the in-ear headphones without getting an ear ache. I’m just glad that I could try them out through Vine instead of purchasing the headphones and learning this.

Over all I would have to say that these are a really good pair of in-ear headphones. The sound quality is really good and I do like how they limit the amount of external noise around you.

Kelty TN 3 Person Tent
Kelty TN 3 Person Tent
Offered by Tactical Distributors
Price: $239.96
11 used & new from $239.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly A Really Nice and Well Made Tent, June 30, 2015
This review is from: Kelty TN3 Person Tent (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to be perfectly frank here and admit that I hadn't ever heard of the Kelty brand until I received this tent. Now since I am not really much of a camping type of person, that would probably be why I hadn't heard of them. However, now that I have received one of their products, specifically this tent, I have to say that they definitely have a quality made product here and one that does give a good impression and when looking for any other products that Kelty offers, I will definitely give their products a closer look. Now on with the review for this tent.

Now this tent is compact and lightweight and really isn't any bigger than a really small traveling type pillow. It comes in at under 5 lbs. in weight and isn't cumbersome or awkward at all. It is easy to set-up and I really liked the fact that it is very roomy inside. It advertises that it is a three person tent, and it may very well be. I just know that it is absolutely great for two people and a lot of gear that you may want to put in the tent with you. Now I really didn't care about being able to look at the stars while in the tent. Heck, I can just walk outside the tent and look up for that, but the girlfriend liked it, so I guess I liked it too. It is very well made and durable and everything worked well on it when I set it up and used it for the first time. Now I have only used it once, so I can't really say how well everything held up, but I am fairly confident that I won't be having any major issues with this tent. I would highly recommend it!

Hello, Android: Introducing Google's Mobile Development Platform
Hello, Android: Introducing Google's Mobile Development Platform
by Ed Burnette
Price: $23.02
39 used & new from $18.11

5.0 out of 5 stars I Really Liked and Enjoyed the Material Provided In This Book, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well I must say that I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I got this book. Was it going to be to technical or was it going to be mostly in layman's terms and easy to understand. Surprisingly it is a little of both, but lends itself to be more in the layman's terms in my opinion and much easier to read and understand. I haven't actually started making an app yet, but it is something that I do want to do for a variety of reasons, and this book has been a really big help in laying down the basics in order to get started and really fleshes it out step-by-step in order to make the process simple to understand and just as simple to implement. I plan or reading through this book at least one more time before I actually start the process of building an app in order to hopefully make the process simpler. However, that usually is not the case for me and I end up doing it a couple of times in order to get it down right, and that is why having this book as a reference is going to make things so much easier.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20