Profile for Rich Plecker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rich Plecker RSS Feed (Roseville CA)

Page: 1 | 2

Chamberlain 940EV Garage Keyless Entry
Price: $32.36
43 used & new from $16.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep trying, January 16, 2013
I read all the instructions and still had to try several times mainly because I had to hold the little red button on the gd in while pairing. Also note that I had to re pair the other remotes as well once I added this remote pad.

DEWALT DCK265L  18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Drill/Impact Combo Kit
DEWALT DCK265L 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Drill/Impact Combo Kit
Price: $223.08
24 used & new from $223.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Great combo, January 16, 2013
I bought this to maintain compatibility with other older 18v tools, boy was I glad. Looking back, I have not used the drill only the impact driver; I just use drill bits with the right shank. The tool is light, powerful and seems to hold a charge forever. I couldn't be happier.

Progress Lighting P8823-01 16-Inch Drum Shade, Beige Silken Fabric with Full Modular Pendant Requires 1-Light Stem (P5198) or 3-Light Stem (P5199) to Make Complete Fixture
Price: $74.25
17 used & new from $45.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get the fixture too, January 16, 2013
Beware, this is the shade. You need to buy the light fixture as well. This wasn't clear in the description when I purchased.

Clarks Originals Men's Wallabee Boot
Clarks Originals Men's Wallabee Boot
Price: $77.58 - $162.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wore these as a kid, October 20, 2012
I wore these as a kid in the early '70s, except that I always got the knock offs and never the original. A few years back I saw the desert boot and sprung for them, but they were not too comfortable. After wearing those out I found the wallabies and bought them. I have never been happier! They are very comfortable with an insole the desert boot lacks and the crepe sole is quiet. I hit them with a double treatment of suede protector and don't have any spots or stains a year later- i highly recommend it. What is funny is the comments I get from others who remember the wallabies from way back when..

Born and Raised
Born and Raised
Price: $6.99
132 used & new from $1.56

5.0 out of 5 stars As a New Listener..., October 20, 2012
This review is from: Born and Raised (Audio CD)
I have not listened to a lot of JM in the past, mainly because of his popularity and his appeal to females. I had incorrectly assumed that I would not like the music. My son is a gifted guitarist and composer and suggested that i give Mayer a listen; he said he was much more than a pop star. While I cannot muse about his musical travels over the years and celebrate or lament where this album is in his music continuum, I can tell you this is fine work. The lyrics are deep and the melodies have not left my head in months. This sounds at times like an album that came out in the early 70's reminding me of America, Poco and maybe even the Eagles- I absolutely love it. I will be exploring more of Mayer's music. Despite his reputation and pop appeal, he is the real deal as a musician and songwriter.

Streamlight 88031 Protac Tactical Flashlight 2L with White LED Includes 2 CR123A Lithium Batteries and Nylon Holster, Black
Offered by Cloud Deals
Price: $37.10
111 used & new from $36.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have item, June 1, 2012
I know this seems goofy, but this flashlight is one of the handiest thing you can have. For the record I am a white collar engineering manager and don't often get my hands dirty (sadly). I have bought this light for family and friends too and they agree on its usefulness. It is small and light and throws a bright beam that is astounding. I am never without mine.

Fujinon XF 35mm F1.4 R
Fujinon XF 35mm F1.4 R
Price: Click here to see our price
27 used & new from $440.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lens, extremely sharp, June 1, 2012
I remember not liking 50mm (35mm) lenses back in the 1970's because it was the only lens I could afford. Today, it seems that we get these kit zooms that are pretty crappy when compared to primes and I had forgotten what a great overall length 50mm is. This compact prime from Fuji is a solid performer. It is tack sharp and pretty fast in good light, it actually isn't as bad as you might read in low light,just take your time. Macro mode, even though you can't really get all that close, works well.

Beware, as I shot some candid portraits goofing around that at 200% magnification showed the individual whiskers (blazingly sharp) on my subject. Yes, the lens is that sharp so any skin flaws and blemishes are readily visible; luckily, this is easily fixed. I didn't detect any distortion or fringing and the bokeh is gorgeous. If you can only get one lens of the three, this is the one. I can't wait for the 14mm ultra wide that is supposed to be coming.

Fujifilm X-Pro 1 16MP Digital Camera with APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor (Body Only)
Fujifilm X-Pro 1 16MP Digital Camera with APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor (Body Only)
Price: Click here to see our price
30 used & new from $579.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, June 1, 2012
I recently purchased this camera and the 35mm lens after much review and consideration. I come from a film- DSLR- Point and Shoot background and after selling off some old treasure, decided that I needed to reinvest in a compact high grade camera. The X-Pro1 immediately caught my eye- especially the retro styling as I remember wanting a RF in the 1970's really bad. I obsessively read all the reviews for all the cameras on the market and just about convinced myself the new Olympus OM was the it camera, but decided on the Fuji anyway. Man am I glad I did! The X-Pro1 is all about image quality and I found it easy to figure out. All the review chatter over AF speed is crap if you learned how to focus (and anticipate) manually back in the film days.

In retrospect, I wish I would have bought a month ago before I read all the reviews and turned myself inside out over technical specs and countless opinions of people around the world. In the end its about feel and IQ. No this isn't a sports camera, but it rocks for just about everything else. I can't wait for the ultra wide angle that is to come out this year.

Lowa Men's Renegade II Leather-Lined Mid Hiking Boot
Lowa Men's Renegade II Leather-Lined Mid Hiking Boot
Price: $179.99 - $230.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot!, April 15, 2012
I have had several hiking boots for mainly day hikes: Vasquez, Lowa Ranger (too heavy) Lowa Tempest (not enough ankle support) but the Renegade LL is perfect for warm weather hiking, with no real break in required. The leather lining (sans the Gore-Tex) makes these boots are much cooler to wear and far more breathable; I have been in plenty of water and have not missed the GoreTex thus far. The soles are Vibram and stick like glue to dry granite, but do let loose on wet rock (like everything else). Overall, this is an expensive boot, but are very comfortable and well worth the cash, especially when every ounce of comfort matters.

Page: 1 | 2