Profile for sandika > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sandika "sandika" RSS Feed (Arcadia, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
Danco 36325B Swivel Aerator and Sprayer, Chrome
Danco 36325B Swivel Aerator and Sprayer, Chrome
Offered by Bargain The People
Price: $6.51
5 used & new from $1.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Nope - Weak Stream., July 5, 2012
I've been searching for a replacement for my last cheap, drugstore-purchased aerator that blew water out in a fire hydrant-like fashion (I LIKE that - makes rinsing SO much easier!), but every one I've tried since has piddled out like an enlarged prostrate sufferer. This Danco is no exception. It wasn't attached longer than the 15 seconds I allowed it to meet my expectations before I tossed it into the Goodwill box.

After venturing into the reviews for others, I found satisfied buyers of the Ultra EuroJet Kitchen Sprayer - Black, so I picked up 2 of those at BB&B; a) they're less expensive at BB&B and b) I could have them *tonight*.

With the Eurojet, HAPPINESS ENSUED! That one not only has the water pressure spot on, but swivels beautifully and fully, and doesn't revert from one position to the other upon tap closure like the Danco does. I'm happy paying a few more dollars for a functioning aerator.

Sorry I didn't leave the Danco on long enough to catch a video for my review, but I was just too irritated to think of it. Here's mine for the Eurojet, though: http://www.amazon.com/review/R10862YHKLVLQK/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm.

Ultra EuroJet Kitchen Sprayer - Black
Ultra EuroJet Kitchen Sprayer - Black
Price: $12.99
6 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Happily Under Pressure!, June 28, 2012
Length:: 0:18 Mins

Beautifully increased water pressure with this one! The video I uploaded doesn't accurately reflect the power behind this thing, but it's there. And I should add that I didn't make full use of the TWO swivels. If I had, I would have given myself an unwelcome shower because it's got some serious reach.

I'd purchased three other aerators in the last week hoping to duplicate my last one's pressure, but they all put out this pathetically weak stream. This one blows food off of those after dinner plates like nobody's business. I bought two (less expensive at BB&B -12.99) and plan to care for them per manufacturer's instructions because they're worth it.

The Danco 36325B Swivel Aerator and Sprayer, Chrome was HORRIBLE. Not only did it diminish my faucet's average flow by a ridiculous amount, it felt awkward to maneuver, had no real reach to all areas of the sink, and would change positions mid-use. NOT helpful. I had it on for less than a day before I got so frustrated, I went searching for a replacement. The BUBBLE-STREAM 5504005 Swivel Sprays,15/16 And 55/64-27 In was exactly the same.

I'm an Ultra EuroJet Kitchen Sprayer - Black fan for life! (Long as they keep making them and they keep performing.)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars ~DANGER~ Does NOT support its claimed weight!, April 28, 2012
I just reamed my husband a new one for doing whatever it was he did to bust the top of this handy little stool. He's in the middle of assembling furniture and I assumed he was hammering something as it rested on the stool's top. He claimed to have just sat and stood on it, nothing more. I accused him of lying because, after all, "this thing is rated to support 300lbs!" (He's 175) The handle is punched through it's "socket" and the top surface cracked in several places. So I came here to buy another one and found a few reviews here that reflect my husband's experience. Too many other reviewers have had this problem for it to be a coincidence. I won't be replacing our stool with this brand. Oh, and just so you know, I apologized to my husband. :o) [SEE UPLOADED PHOTO ON USER IMAGES SECTION OF PRODUCT PAGE]
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2012 2:12 PM PDT

Cottonelle Ultra Comfort Care Toilet Paper, Big Roll, 12 Rolls, Packs of 4 (48 Rolls)
Offered by pretty pink unicorn
Price: $47.35
7 used & new from $30.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Good TP, but Amazon's not-so-subtle thievery is annoying., February 24, 2012
My 4-Star rating is for this good, soft, substantial toilet paper (if a bit linty), with which we've been satisfied over the years. They are rolled rather loosely, though, so they seem to go a bit faster than other double rolls.

But I give Amazon ~Negative-5-Stars~ for their very uncool shenanigans.

I've had this item delivered on an every-2-month Subscribe and Save program since June 2011. The prices, in reverse chronological order, were:

January 19, 2012 - $27.10
October 29, 2011 - $26.01
October 29, 2011 - $26.01
August 4, 2011 - $31.46
June 6, 2011 - $26.46

Today they cancelled my subscription saying it's no longer available (ha!), jacked the price up to $60 (with mandatory shipping, no PRIME), and sent me a link to a Subscribe and Save replacement Cottonelle Gentle Care Toilet Paper with Aloe and E, 12-Count (Pack of 4) which is $55.96 for the same number of comparable rolls!

Are they TRYING to lose customers??
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2014 5:43 PM PST

Orka All Silicone Flat Whisk.  Color Black.
Orka All Silicone Flat Whisk. Color Black.
Offered by MMP Living
Price: $11.63
5 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars More points of contact than balloon whisk!, November 11, 2011
What an intelligent little whisk this is. Instead of the one or two points of contact you get between a standard balloon whisk and the pot/pan, here you get four (see my photograph). It's light so your arm doesn't feel like it wants to snap the hell off when pursuing that perfect gravy, etc., and the convenient hook is pure genius. Sometimes you come across something so simple but perfect that you wish you'd thought of it. For me, this whisk falls into that category. Worth every one of the 806 pennies I forfeited (at the time of my purchase). Go on, click "Add to Cart". You know you wanna!

Endurance Stainless Acrylic Grapefruit Double Knife
Endurance Stainless Acrylic Grapefruit Double Knife
Offered by Healthy Home and Kitchen
Price: $5.95
12 used & new from $4.45

2.0 out of 5 stars I sure don't get this thing., August 11, 2011
On the double bladed end of this tool, the blade tips are very firmly pressed together. How does one straddle a grapefruit's membrane with that? I tried prying them apart a bit, but they don't hold that position; they slam back shut. If I did magically manage to straddle it and attempt to draw it along the membrane, the serrations either tore through it or snagged some fruit and dragged it away. Hey! I wanted that fruit! It would have essentially been just as effective had I grabbed a cleaver and started hacking away maniacally at the grapefruit.

Honestly, I should have recorded my experience because it was rather humorous... sort of like those Snuggie commercials where some daft individual couldn't figure out how to wrap a regular blanket or robe around herself, but was restored to sanity when presented with the Snuggie and its built-in arms. Except I can't imagine even the most dexterous of individuals making the use of this grapefruit tool appear effortless. (Though apparently some did. I might benefit from viewing one of those videos, too!)

The other end's curved and serrated edge is marginally more functional at releasing the peripheral edge of the grapefruit section, but frankly I found it MUCH faster to use a small, sharp knife to run along both sides of each membrane, then using a plain (or grapefruit) spoon to nom it.

The serrated spoon I also bought Stainless Steel Endurance Grapefruit Spoons,Set of Two works very well and, once you become adept at using it, is just fine for separating the fruit from the membranes without the use of this reviewed product, the Endurance Grapefruit Double Knife.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2012 12:47 AM PDT

Casabella Way Clean 33013 Upright Sweep Set
Casabella Way Clean 33013 Upright Sweep Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Way Dirty, Way Useless., March 8, 2011
Length:: 0:08 Mins

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't call something that leaves most of your dirt behind "Way Clean". The leading beveled rubber edge of the dust pan in this duo doesn't sit flush with the ground, so really you're just sweeping dirt *towards* it and ultimately UNDER it. (see video)

I bought this to replace one I got at a grocery store (you know how their "home products" are) a couple of years ago. I paid 5.99 for that one and it lasted two years, the only real issue now being that the bristles are a little worn from daily use around the cat's litter box.

Back to Amazon the *ahem* "Way Clean" goes and back to that old grocery store *I* go.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2011 4:08 PM PDT

K&H Lectro-Soft Heated Outdoor Bed, Medium
K&H Lectro-Soft Heated Outdoor Bed, Medium
Price: $46.59
61 used & new from $37.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Give Fleece a Chance, December 7, 2010
At first I wasn't sure about this bed. Something early on told me that it should have been a lot warmer and I was THISCLOSE to returning it. But when all was said and done, I realized that the temps it reaches -- and the WAY it does -- is brilliant. I'm glad I gave it a second chance.

The bed comes folded and deflated. Just open it up, pull the little red valve in the corner to its open position, plug the bed in and wait for 15-30 minutes for the heat to adjust and the bed to self-inflate. After it inflates, (which isn't dramatic, so don't anticipate the Hindenburg), you press a little of the air out to prevent a ballooning effect when your pet sits on it, then close the valve.

Plugged in, but unused, the bed stays several degrees above room temperature waiting for some company. When your pet climbs aboard, it rises to 102 degrees and is perfect for removing the chill. It comes with a fleece cover that's cozy and comfy, but thin enough to allow the heat from the pad underneath to penetrate. A feisty animal might be able to remove the cover easily, but our user prefers to be adorable, dainty and compliant. The fleece cover is machine-washable. Excellent!

There's a semi-feral in our yard who we've been feeding since we found her nearly starving to death. Since we already have 6 cats (and a bunny), half of them special needs, there was simply no more room at the inn for another. But I couldn't just let this little girl suffer out there. I go out several times a day to visit with her (can't touch her, but can get within several feet if I'm careful) and make sure she's eating ok. It's SO freakin cold out there and one day I put a *human* heating pad in the garage on a blanket and covered it with a small throw rug. Cow, as we call her (see pics), took to it immediately without my having to place her on it, which she never would have allowed. But I was scared of leaving it on without me being there - it's not meant to be either outside OR unattended -- so enter the K&H Lectro Soft Outdoor Bed. She's on it every night and many times during the day. I'm so happy with this product, I'm getting another for my 23 year old arthritic cat. He's going to love it. He's blind, but can sense a warm human lap within 50 yards, so this will be great for when said laps are unavailable and out shopping for more pet beds.

(Not recommended for animals that chew stuff.)
Comment Comments (22) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2014 9:27 AM PST

Bergan Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy, Colors May Vary
Bergan Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy, Colors May Vary
Price: $11.19
62 used & new from $10.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Felinus Insanus, January 22, 2010
Length:: 0:49 Mins

What used to be known as the dignity of cats flies out the window in the presence of the Turbo Scratcher. My cats love this and will drive us nuts for hours with the "whoosh-whoosh-whoosh" sounds. Our youngest, Leetle, spends the most time with it, sitting on top and deftly swatting the ball over and over.

And over. And OVER.

Add the catnip for double the insanity!

Great product, replaceable cardboard inserts, happy kittehs (=happy mommy)!
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2014 6:14 PM PST

IRIS Airtight Pet Food Storage Container, 47 Quart, Green
IRIS Airtight Pet Food Storage Container, 47 Quart, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't love slim?, November 15, 2008
I buy various kinds of hay for my bunny, mix it all up and store it in this tall and slim container that conveniently fits in myriad places. I love that I can open it with one hand (it's hinged on one side) since I'm usually carrying something else at feeding time.... sometimes Bunneh himself! ;) I'm considering buying more of these in various sizes. You can ALWAYS find something to store in them.

Page: 1 | 2