Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for D. Vu > Reviews

Browse

D. Vu's Profile

Customer Reviews: 62

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Vu RSS Feed (Perris, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
SKS Rookie XL mini bike pump schwarz black
SKS Rookie XL mini bike pump schwarz black
Offered by langton_distribution_
Price: $19.15
2 used & new from $19.15

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of bad pump design, January 23, 2016
This pump doesn't lock on, so the pressure just blows the pump off the valve eventually. Stay away from this if you're wanting a lightweight pump to carry on the road with your road bike.

Syntace Flat Force Negative Rise Road/Mountain Bicycle Stem, 44
Syntace Flat Force Negative Rise Road/Mountain Bicycle Stem, 44
Offered by Niagara Cycle Works
Price: Click here to see our price
5 used & new from $107.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowers the bars on bikes with tall front ends, December 26, 2015
I got both the 66 and 44 lengths for use on my Niner ROS9 and Spec Enduro 29, paired with the Syntace Vector Low10 bars. These bikes have stack heights of around 635mm, but I prefer stack heights of around 600mm to get the grips about level with the saddle. The stem (and bar combo) solved pretty much my only gripe about the bikes, which are 5 star bikes and an excellent duo for the trails in my area.

I would've still been shopping for that killer bike if not for this solution, perhaps checking out a smaller wheel size or shorter travel bike. Surprisingly, Amazon had the best price on the stem.

OXO Good Grips Smooth Edge Can Opener
OXO Good Grips Smooth Edge Can Opener
Price: $21.95
63 used & new from $10.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Innovative, but delicate, December 26, 2015
Works okay until someone, perhaps family coming over for the holiday, who is unaware of its unique operation, tries to use it like a typical can opener, and incidentally bends the roller part that cuts the can's lid.

ThorFire C8s LED Flashlight MAX 900LM CREE XM-L2 LED Torch 4+1 Modes with Memory for Cycling Biking Camping Hiking Hunting
Offered by ThorFire & More
Price: $19.59
2 used & new from $19.59

3.0 out of 5 stars The beam pattern and brightness does not suit my needs, October 2, 2015
A $10 XML light off eBay with adjustable beam is still my go to. The bright setting on this is *too* bright, and the next steps down aren't bright enough.

Decent quality though, with threaded parts that fit together very smoothly.

Bicycle Pedal Extenders for 9/16 Inch Cranksets (21mm Spacers) Bike
Bicycle Pedal Extenders for 9/16 Inch Cranksets (21mm Spacers) Bike
Offered by FGT Motorsport, LLC
Price: $11.95
2 used & new from $11.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not properly threaded, October 2, 2015
Beware that these might come improperly threaded, which would likely be a prob if you use higher end non-symmetrical offset pedals.

My problem in a nutshell:

* Left pedal and crank are reverse threaded - this means lefty-tighty.
* L extender male threads are proper and fit into L crank, **BUT** its female threads are not reverse threaded, so it only accepts a right pedal
* R extender male threads are proper and fit in R crank, **BUT** its female threads are reverse threaded, so it accepts only a left pedal

So basically I have a right pedal on the left side, and vice versa. Not a problem for me since I use the stock symmetrical (for the most part) pedals and the bearings are regular radial bearings, so they happily spin either direction. I would not support a seller and product that sells a such a reject-like product. Even worse is that it's barely undercutting the next least expensive name brand one.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Slime 1050 Rubber Cement - 8 oz.
Slime 1050 Rubber Cement - 8 oz.
Price: $5.99
7 used & new from $5.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Limited effectiveness, October 2, 2015
Does not work well with patches on skinny/road bicycle tubes nor radial patches for tire sidewall repairs. Fails at relatively low pressure (25-35 psi) using name brand patches (Rema and Camel). Worked okay on fatter 1.9+" width tubes.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2015 2:46 PM PDT

Feedback Sports Velo Hinge Pivoting Wall Storage Hook
Feedback Sports Velo Hinge Pivoting Wall Storage Hook
Price: $22.49
16 used & new from $19.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with large MTB tires, May 27, 2015
Tried to hang my lighter HT, which has a Stan's rim and Racing Ralph 2.4 front tire, but it doesn't fit in the hook. Put my commuter road bike on it and it naturally wants to hinge, and doesn't sit centered. Ended up deflating the tire to get it to fit. I find it's a full grown man's work trying to fit a heavier FS mtb into the hook, and even then I got tire marks on the wall from my poor control trying to get it hooked. I think a cheap vertical hook would have been a better alternative in my case.

Sweet Home Farm French Vanilla Granola With Almonds, 20.5-Ounce Cartons (Pack of 4)
Offered by Geometric Company
Price: $37.83
4 used & new from $37.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, crunchy, and delicious, May 18, 2015
Great product. I love it! Apparently ants love it too! After opening this, having a bowl, putting it in my cupboard, the ants went right for it, ignoring the other similar sweet things that weren't fully sealed in the cupboard. I was so impressed and amused that I couldn't get angry about it.

Syntace Vector Carbon Low10 Handlebar - 740mm x 10mm Drop, 12-degree, 31.8mm
Syntace Vector Carbon Low10 Handlebar - 740mm x 10mm Drop, 12-degree, 31.8mm

3.0 out of 5 stars Hardly any room for lights, computers, or other center mount accessories, February 15, 2015
When combined with a Syntace stem, there's no room left to mount anything at the center of the bar, since it tapers down to a smaller diameter really soon. That and the glossy finish at the ends means things are likely to spin on the bars without friction paste.

SHARKK® Wired Gaming Mouse With Programmable Buttons And Customizable Weight Tuning Cartridges High Precision Optical Gaming Mouse With Adjustable DPI Up To 3500
Offered by SHARKK
Price: $49.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels better than mice 4x its price, but has major flaws, June 27, 2014
I like how this mouse has weight to it, I love its shape, the buttons feel crisp and are very easy to double click, it glides smoothly, the mouse wheel spins fluidly between detents, and I like the texturing on the side. With only a 1 year warranty, its value isn't very good if it dies shortly after. I find I'm already frustrated with this mouse due to issues with the left mouse button, making me question the quality of the internals.

Compared to the ergonomics of my last mouse, a Razer DeathAdder, I like this mouse far more. The Razer splits my fingers too much and its side edges outslope uncomfortably. The Razer does have a rubberized grip there, for picking up the mouse, but I'm a type that keeps the mouse and my wrist firmly planted, and use only my fingers to glide the mouse around, which is why the extra weight feels nicer to me. I've not tried adjusting the weight, since I like it out of the box, but trying to remove the cartridge was not very easy. My fingers get a firmer grip on this mouse with its glossy surface, than it does with the slippery matte finish on the Razer.

This mouse would be a 5 star mouse, but it has a major flaw that is extremely annoying. It sometimes drops a click-hold, for example when I need to hold down the mouse to drag files to a new location and it drops the files somewhere I didn't want, or when I'm holding down the button to fire an automatic or beam weapon or to charge up an ability, it would just release/drop it randomly. Only other minor complaints I have are that the DPI buttons rattle when my finger brushes them, when using the mouse wheel to scroll, and the DPI changes are a bit too big for my liking (out of the box, without using the companion software). Other nuances are that it's not a quiet mouse, with crisp clicking that people across the room can hear (and joke about bouts of intense mouse clicking), so don't expect to do some stealthy late night activities with it. Also, it requires a bit more cleaning than my old mice, especially the right mouse button--it winds up with an outline of gunk where I rest my finger on it.

As far as accuracy goes, the Razer was more precise. I think digital artists would prefer the Razer better. For games, I don't really notice a difference in my performance between laser, optical, 4G infrared sensors, etc, when using it on a mouse pad. I basically perform better when I'm comfortable with the mouse and have gotten used to it, as long as it "disappears", doing its job consistently.

I replaced my Razer before its time due to ergonomics, but before that I had a Logitech 9x mouse which I had simply replaced because it had slightly sticky mouse wheel after 6+ years of use. At that rate, considering what I paid for this compared to the Logitech (3x as much), I feel I would get my money's worth if this simply lasted 2 years.

Update: After about 10 months of almost daily use, this mouse has developed another bug in which it performs a double click on the release of a left mouse click, about 1/3 of the time. This means I can drag a box around something, but the moment I let go, it double clicks and my selection is cleared, while also acting like a double click on left mouse clicks that I didn't hold. When it double clicked the submit button for comments and orders, I had retired the mouse and sought warranty replacement. Sharkk complied, shipping a new mouse out after simply requesting an amazon order # and a picture of the faulty mouse, and the replacement seems to be working without issue out-of-the-box.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2015 5:22 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7