Profile for L. Brooks > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Brooks "the computer nerd" RSS Feed (Vallejo, CA USA)

Kingston HyperX 240GB Upgrade Kit SATA III 2.5-Inch 6.0 Gb/s Solid State Drive with SandForce Technology SH100S3B/240G
Offered by langton_distribution_ships_from_england
2 used & new from $588.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Best option for best performance with the least amount of problems, September 5, 2011
Pros:

One of the fastest SSD's on the market
Sandforce 2281 controller
Intel 25nm memory
NO BSOD issues like the OCZ VERTEX 3
No need to upgrade out of the box for Mac users
Fits in 2.5" slot with no problems what so ever

Cons:
Price is a high but worth every penny.

I was going to buy the OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS Edition since it outperforms every SSD out there but OCZ is having some major issues with their firmware. Since I am using a 2011 MacBook Pro, I can't afford to keep updating the firmware on my drive. I decided to go with the Kingston HyperX and I'm so glad I did. I boot in under 13 seconds, have 550 MB/s Reads and 500 MB/s Writes. I installed OS X Lion in about 10 minutes and Trim is enabled with Native Command Queuing also enabled. I also have 8GB of 1600 Mhz HyperX RAM which works perfectly.

If your deciding between picking an SSD, I guarantee this is the one you want.

Kingston HyperX Plug n Play 8 GB Kit (2x4GB Modules) 1600MHz DDR3 SODIMM Notebook/Netbook Memory 8 Dual Channel Kit (PC3 12800) 204-Pin KHX1600C9S3P1K2/8G
9 used & new from $87.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best option for MacBook Pro 2011, July 11, 2011
This memory is hands down the best memory for the 2011 MacBook Pro 2.2 + 2.3 GHz i7 models. It runs at 1600 MHz without any problems or kernel panics. This is the fastest memory that you buy can on the market as of July 11th for the MacBook Pro without any hiccups.

Con:
Shipping didn't arrive in the time frame that I was expecting but that is Amazon's fault.

Toshiba Satellite M35-S320 Laptop (1.50 GHz Pentium M (Centrino), 512 MB RAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, DVD-CDRW Combo)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but one problem., May 24, 2005
I think that this is a very good computer, matter of fact im using it right now but when used for 15 min it gets hot, and I mean very hot. I burned myself using it and forgetting that it gets hot. Except for that little detail, overall I have never had any viruses and I think that this computer will last me a long time.