Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for BookNerdAZ > Reviews

Browse

BookNerdAZ's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BookNerdAZ RSS Feed (Tucson, AZ United States)

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - Xbox 360
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - Xbox 360
Price: $18.10
74 used & new from $7.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Glitch After Glitch, December 13, 2011
I've loved the LEGO games since the very first Star Wars one I got years ago on the PS2. I've played through Star Wars Complete Saga, Indy 1, and Harry Potter 1 on the Xbox, with no trouble. Maybe it's my system, but...

This is the worst LEGO game I have played. The biggest problem is with glitches - of all kinds. I've had characters freeze in spaces they can't get out of (which has happened on rare occasions with others, Indy, SW, and HP). Twice the game stalled mid-level, making me restart the level and loose all progress in the level. The AI is incredibly...stupid. Granted, when in single player mode, you don't expect the best AI, such as knocking you off that perilous cliff into a coin-stealing pit of doom. However the buddy character would frequently not do what it needed to do, either because the AI wouldn't recognize that it had a task (push a lever, etc) or it had gotten stuck in a loop on another part of the level (ie, it didn't follow me up the stairs to push the lever because it was stuck trying to jump up the stairs). This required either switching over to the buddy character and freeing it, or, in one spectacular moment, pulling out the second controller, dropping in, and actually having to do the buddy AI's job myself in order to progress.

Right now I'm stuck halfway through the game (the last level, boss fight against the Kraken) at the end of Dead Man's Chest. I really wanted to finish it so I could move on to the new Harry Potter, which is supposed to be one of the best. The way things have been going...I might just end up leaving this one on the shelf. Or, better yet, selling it to GameStop used and using that credit to buy the new HP game.