Profile for R. Finlayson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Finlayson RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
KEEN Women's Venice Sandal
KEEN Women's Venice Sandal
Price: $28.49 - $142.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these keens, June 10, 2014
I got both the Olive/Surf and Coriander/Olive because I wasn't sure which color I'd prefer. Well, I'm going to keep them both, I think. I have other Keens, but these are the first that have the leather sole and I think it will make a difference. It feels great on the sole of my foot and I imagine the sweat factor won't be there (those rubber soled Keens get stinky!).

While I wear a 1/2 size up in other Keen sandals, I got these in my regular shoe size and they fit perfectly. I'm very much looking forward to wearing these this summer!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, March 17, 2013
Well, I was hopeful given the many positive reviews, but the batch I got was just not working. I'd plug an iphone in to one and it'd work for a minute and then stop charging. I tried plugging in iPad and got no charge at all. Another color didn't work with either. Another one worked off and on but I just couldn't trust that I'd come back to a charged device. And yet the 4th one would charge one ipad but not the other one. Pretty frustrating. I ended up just returning them to Amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2013 12:11 AM PDT

Connectland Stereo Headset Teal 40 mm Speaker
Connectland Stereo Headset Teal 40 mm Speaker
Price: $14.28
11 used & new from $8.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and inexpensive, March 6, 2013
Got these for my 13 year old son when two random pairs died after only a week each of use. I didn't want to spend much, given how so many headphones seem to fail quickly (even the pricier ones). My kids like the over-ear ones rather than in-ear as those seem to hurt after a while. Plus these seem to drown out external noise a little better. Anyway, these so far have performed beautifully (about 3 weeks). My only complaint is that the colors seem a little stereotypically feminine. Why only mint, purple, neon yellow? My boys would probably prefer red, black, blue, green, gray.

Unibody Macbook Pro Glass Screen Cover Replacement - 13 Inch
Unibody Macbook Pro Glass Screen Cover Replacement - 13 Inch
Offered by Group Vertical - Ships from USA
Price: $16.00
15 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved $70, March 6, 2013
I ordered this for thirty dollars on Amazon when the best I could find locally for a screen replacement was a hundred. Of course, they'd also do the labor, but I figured if I could replace a hard drive, ram, etc, I could probably handle this. There are many videos online that explain how to do it. Let me first say that this product is excellent. It doesn't feel like glass, but neither does the original. More like thin plexiglass. It came with the adhesive already in place and was a simple application once the old screen was off. I have only positive things to say about the replacement screen!

But. My experience removing the cracked original screen was far from easy and went down nothing like the videos. I used a very hot hair dryer around the edges. I'm not sure if it just didn't get hot enough (though was too hot to touch!) or what, but attempting to release the edges from the original adhesive resulted in lots of splintered glass. When I was brave enough to use the glass suction (those things are amazing and can be purchased at your local big box hardware store), the screen came off but the edges remained shattered and stuck. It was a total nightmare getting all the tiny pieces off the edge. Required tweezers, box cutter, and a lot of swearing. Probably took an hour and resulted in two minor scratches to the LCD, which are not noticeable when computer is in use. So final verdict: great product, great convenience of doing this at home rather than dropping off for several days, PITA if the original screen does not pop loose easily. Proceed with caution.

Thomas & Friends Train Puzzle Floor Mat
Thomas & Friends Train Puzzle Floor Mat

4.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to train table, January 31, 2013
This is a fantastic alternative to a train table. It's portable: perfect for travel or grandparents' house. I didn't realize this when I got it, but the mat comes in, I think, 6 pieces. They are like puzzle pieces and snap together. This is especially convenient for packing up for relocation. The one drawback here is that if you have a child who compulsively dismantles everything, you will be frustrated. Easy to reassemble, though, all things considered.

It is made of a squishy foam like material, which is good for kneeling down on it, esp if you are an, eh, "older" parent. Frustrating for parent with child who compulsively picks at such things and tears pieces off. Hopefully none of you have a child as neurotic as mine! Overall, I have to say: this is a lovely addition to a train set collection and the answer to "how do we entertain the kid on vacation when all he wants is his Thomas trains?"

5.0 out of 5 stars BAM!, January 31, 2013
Well, they aren't kidding: Just One Bite it was. Well, two. We had rats and they'd come into the kitchen, which really freaked me out. I could see them on my IP camera at night. Yick, yick, yick. We tried the huge snap traps (licked clean, no rat), tried the glue traps (found 30 feet away with fur all over it, no rat). I put a few small chunks of this stuff on 2 consecutive nights at the spot where I figured they were getting in. Nights 1 and 2: chunks gone. Night 3: chunks remain. We are now on day 7 and chunk is still there. Yesterday the house smelled like, well, dead rats. I didn't bother looking for them b/c I know they are somewhere in the massive crawl space. Today the smell was significantly improved, though still lingered. I'm hopeful that by tomorrow it'll be gone. It's a small price to pay. The alternative was far, far worse.

Powergen White 2.4-Amp (12 Watt) Dual Usb Wall Charger W/Sviwal Plug Designed For Apple And Android Devices
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger!, January 21, 2013
Love this thing. I've now ordered a total of 3 for everyone in my family. So much easier to keep all charging items in one place with this dual port charger. And thankfully, one port can charge non Apple devices.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for iPhone 4, January 4, 2013
I SO wanted to love this. It had everything I wanted, which was basically a quick access armband. I hate those bands that have a clear plastic window for iPhone or iPod access. Those just don't work in real application, at least not for me. I much prefer the idea of just grabbing my iPhone from the pouch and changing the song that way. The problem is that the pouch itself is more round that it is oval (it seemed oval in the pic to me and also looks like it is holding an iPhone). I have a very slim case on my iPhone, maybe an extra 1/8" total added to the length of the phone. And it only goes into the pouch about half way. I honestly don't think the phone will be secure in this. I paid 50% of the cost for the shipping fee, so if I send it back and incur return shipping fees, I'll have paid ten dollar.s for nothing. Bummer. It was such a great idea in theory.

Avery Print - To - The - Edge Round Labels, Glossy White, 2.5-Inch Diameter, 90 Labels (22830)
Price: $10.15
28 used & new from $5.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, November 11, 2012
We were having an election party and I got these so my kids could make fun election stickers for guests. We found some campaign slogans online and used the Avery online template (when you click PRINT, you get the opportunity to save the file as a pdf so you can print them later, if you want). The glossy white was quite nice and made the stickers look professional. I'm going to create some holiday to/from stickers with the remainder. I will say that these are rather expensive, given that you can get 300 (rather than 90) of the non-glossy for the same price. I'll probably do the non glossy for basic tags and the glossy for labeling gifts like cookies in cellophane bags for Xmas.

Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 2000 Watt Ionic Nano Titanium with Integrated Ion Generator Hair Dryer
Offered by FSN
Price: $64.95
36 used & new from $58.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Like salon dryer, September 30, 2012
I always bought the cheapest, highest wattage hair dryer I could find. And I assumed that the commercial grade salon dryers were far too expensive. Wrong. This Babyliss is my answer. It is quieter, lighter, smoother blowing than my cheap dryer. It feels and dries just like the dryer my hair stylist uses. Now I so loathe regular dryers that I pack this one for trips whereas I used to just use the hotel one. I am gearing up to buy a Babyliss travel dryer. Since I use a hair dryer every day, this was a great investment. If you're on the fence, get one! You won't regret it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2013 1:55 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6