Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for alias > Reviews

Browse

alias' Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

alias RSS Feed (Western Australia)

No Cure For Cancer
No Cure For Cancer
Price: $4.99
167 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars No Cure For Bad Comedy, August 8, 2001
This review is from: No Cure For Cancer (Audio CD)
I bought this album because of the track, A*#%ole, which still raises a smile, but only just. A couple of years after buying it, I discovered a comedian called Bill Hicks, and I am here to tell you, Hicks is the MAN! He is the greatest standup, funnier because his material is deeper than 95% of other comics (Woody Allen, Lenny Bruce and Richard Pryor probably the exceptions). I don't want this to sound like an advertisement for Hicks, but if you're reading this and think Leary is great, Hicks will blow your mind; besides, the Gospel of Hicks needs to be spread. If you listen to No Cure For Cancer then listen to Hicks' 1989 album, Dangerous, you'll find many similarites. Even Bill knew that Leary had pillaged his material, and Bill had this to say of Leary: "I stole his act. I camouflaged it with punchlines, and to really throw people off, I did it before he did." ...

Lock N' Load
Lock N' Load
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $14.99
118 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Denis Leary? Try Denis Leach., August 8, 2001
This review is from: Lock N' Load (Audio CD)
I gave this one star because there were no half stars. After I read all those reviews where people were saying Leary is the greatest standup comedian ever, how funny and confronting he is, I had to say something. Sorry, but I've got a newsflash: the guy was a blatant thief, a pale imitation of THE greatest standup to have lived, the late Bill Hicks. Bill once said of Leary: "I stole his act. I camouflaged it with punchlines, and to really throw people off, I did it before he did." Leary had the taste to rip off Bill Hicks, but Leary didn't have the grace or talent to be funny.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2012 6:15 PM PST

Arizona Bay
Arizona Bay
Offered by IMS Distribution
Price: $15.62
26 used & new from $0.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Arizona Bay, July 3, 2001
This review is from: Arizona Bay (Audio CD)
This, the third album from Bill Hicks, has some great, great material here. Concise, acerbic, totally brilliant. Also something of a concept album, with Bill's guitar underlying his words. On the down side, the material is topical (as is the case with every Bill's album); that is to say, anyone who doesn't recall the events he's talking about won't get as much out of it as those who do remember. Irregardless, any independent thinkers will love it. The finest standup comedian ever.