Profile for C. Lloyd > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Lloyd "Mac User" RSS Feed (The Woodlands, TX)

Seachem The Bag Filter Media Bag
Seachem The Bag Filter Media Bag
Price: $8.73
4 used & new from $7.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had gotten the 100 ml purigen, January 20, 2013
I bought the 250 ml purigen and "The Bag" and assembled the bag/purigen myself. I really don't like the way this bag closes -- its all dependent on pinching it tightly with the wire-tie that comes with it. One real issue I have is that the 250 ml is really too much for this bag. In order to pinch the bag closed, you need to fold it over and then draw the wire-tie tight. This leaves little room for the media, so the flow through the bag is diminished.

As I understand it you can get the 100 ml product which comes in the bag already (at least I think that is correct). I wish I had bought two of those instead of one bag and the 250 ml purigen. If I had it to do over again, that is the route I would go.

Universal USB Car Charger (Compatible with All GPS Brands)
Universal USB Car Charger (Compatible with All GPS Brands)
Price: Click here to see our price
57 used & new from $10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for iPad, October 25, 2011
I was on the road and needed car charger for my iPad, quick, so I bought this unit from Best Buy and paid $20. It works so well and was so important to me on my trip that, in retrospect, I would have paid $100 or more. My iPad was down to 65% when I got it and draining fast, since I was using MapQuest for turn-by-turn directions via the gps. I plugged in this charger to my car (Mercedes C220) lighter and it started charging immediately. The only thing I will say is the unit got pretty warm (nay hot) while it was under load of charging and powering the very busy iPad. But once the iPad charged up the charger cooled off to a normal temp. Even if I burn this thing up in a few months, it will have been worth the price, and Amazon has it much cheaper. I love this little gizmo as it gives me freedom!

One note: be aware that you will need your own 30-pin cable for this. I have since discovered there are other chargers on Amazon about the same price that come with the 30-pin connector/cable.