Profile for Nathan Beauchamp > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 128

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nathan Beauchamp "ConsumerAdvocate (nathan(at)nmbeauchamp(dot)com" RSS Feed (Oak Park, IL USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LEGO Education DUPLO Brick Set 4496357 (144 Pieces)
LEGO Education DUPLO Brick Set 4496357 (144 Pieces)
Price: $49.95
3 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive Number of Pieces | A Great Value, January 13, 2014
Bought these for my two-year-old son to play with. He LOVES Duplo. They're the one toy he will "zone in" with and play without fussing for as much as an hour at a time. That alone makes them PRICELESS. I enjoy playing with them as well. My son and I create massive Ziggurats and pyramid style constructions using 15x15 building plates (also purchased from Amazon). If you're looking at this set, buy it. It's a really great price for this many pieces and will make all future engineers of the world very, very happy.

LEGO Duplo Green Building Plate (15" X 15")
LEGO Duplo Green Building Plate (15" X 15")
Price: $18.99
31 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Duplo Quality, January 13, 2014
Bought a few of these for my son to build on. Turns out Dads like building with Duplo too. Like everything from Duplo, these pads are well made, very strong, and resist all sorts of abuse. They can even be run through the dishwasher if your child spills milk all over them.

Red Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit TPU Case for LG Nexus 4 (T-Mobile, International Carriers)[Retail Packaging]
Price: $12.90
2 used & new from $12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 13, 2014
I've had this on my phone for almost a year. It's well made and protects my corners from dings and scrapes. Couldn't be happier with the performance for the price.

100 Pieces of Bulk Wooden Train Track by Conductor Carl. Compatible with All Major Brands Including Thomas The Tank Engine
Offered by E-Brands
Price: $44.99
7 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for large builds! Compatible with Brio., January 13, 2014
I bought this as an add-on pack for our son's existing Brio train set. I wasn't sure what to expect as far as quality when compared to the far more expensive set. I'm happy to say that these pieces are just as nice as the Brio pieces and are fully compatible. They're indistinguishable from the others and for a much less expensive price.

My son now has enough train pieces to build larger, elaborate layouts across our basement floor. He loves the addition to his collection and I love what a great value these turned out to be.

If you want a lot of basic train tracks to expand a set, look no further.

Genie G3T-R Intellicode2 3-Button Remote
Genie G3T-R Intellicode2 3-Button Remote
Price: $19.56
61 used & new from $13.10

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Range / Almost Useless, January 13, 2014
I needed a second remote for our garage and bought this universal remote. I should have paid more attention to the reviews noting that is has a poor signal strength--they're not exaggerating. We have to be within fifteen feet of the garage for the door to open. I tested this out walking up and down our alley from both directions. The stock remote that came with the garage door opener will open the door from like 7-8 garages away. This one I have to be standing literally right outside the door! Terrible and almost useless as you have to pull all the way up to the garage and then hit the button numerous times to get it to work.

To top it off, the buttons are hard to press. I dislike this remote and wish I'd bought something else.

Two stars because it does trigger the garage door, just not from very far away.

Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat, Green/Blue
Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat, Green/Blue
Price: $24.78
7 used & new from $20.12

5.0 out of 5 stars A Baby Essential, January 13, 2014
We own a few of these. Two for our house, and one that stays at the in-laws for when we visit. They're well made of solid plastic and can withstand a fair amount of abuse. They also clean easily, which is great if you have a messy one-year-old like we do. The plastic food tray fits in our dishwasher which is great; makes cleaning it that much easier.

The booster seat mounts to the chair using two sets of fasteners that loop around the chair back and under the seat. They fit both a flat-backed and round-backed chair and remain nice and tight once cinched down. The chair is comfortable--our son likes to sit in it to play with toys or to color pictures. Its nice to be able to strap him in and have him remain happy for 30-45 minutes at a time.

These will also fit a larger bar stool style chair, as long as the base of the stool is stable enough.

As I said, we own a number of these and all of them work flawlessly. They're worth the reasonable price and will last forever.

Rubbermaid 5G77 FastTrack Rail, 84-Inch
Rubbermaid 5G77 FastTrack Rail, 84-Inch
Price: $13.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, Easy to Install, two minor issues, January 13, 2014
I bought a number of Rubbermaid FastTrack system pieces to help organize my garage. This kit contained a number of useful hooks and was a better value than buying them piecemeal at a hardware store. Installing the FastTrack system is very easy if you have exposed studs. Simply run a level along the studs at the height required and then use wood screws at every stud. With a wood screw every sixteen inches, I have no issues hanging full size mountain bikes at intervals along the track.

A few cons:

1) the plastic covers for the tracks slide freely to the sides. You cannot fix them in place unless you glue them and then they're stuck in place. Rubbermaid should remedy this by providing a means to clamp them in a fixed position.

2) the rails come in sizes that don't play perfectly with 16" stud increments. You always wend up with an end of the track hanging over the edge of the stud. Also, they don't have a means of connecting two adjoining rails to make a continuous run of track. You can butt the two edges together and it works, but they've provided no means to connect them with hardware for added stability and strength.

Those two issues aside, the FastTrack system works great and has freed up a lot of space in my garage. With our bikes, rakes, shovels, and other miscellaneous items mounted off the garage floor, it makes the area feel more spacious and allows us to park two cars inside without it feeling cramped.

Rubbermaid FastTrack Garage Organization System, Horizontal Bike Rack, Horizontal (FG5E03DWSNCKL)
Price: $12.97
5 used & new from $11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and sturdy, January 13, 2014
I own three of these and use them to support two large mountain bikes and one road bike. They're strong and sturdy and do exactly what they're supposed to. If you have a women's frame, they bike will not sit level, but that's not a problem with the rack. The bike will stay in place just fine, but it's harder to load / unload a woman's bike than a man's.

These are cheaper on Amazon than my local hardware store, as are virtually all FastTrack system components.

Rubbermaid FastTrack Garage Organization System All-in-One Rail and Hook Garage Organization Kit, 5-piece (1794324)
Price: $38.19

Offered by Miklipco
Price: $17.55
5 used & new from $17.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Warm, January 13, 2014
This review is from: 180s Men's Tec Fleece (Apparel)
I bought these 180s to replace a pair that I'd owned for many years and that has finally worn out. I bought 180s specifically because I liked the ones I had before so much. I wear a 7.5 in a fitted ball cap and these ear muffs fit me perfectly using about 2 notches of expansion. They can expand quite a bit more than I need. They're snug but not too snug. I wear them for my thirty-minute commute in Chicago and they keep my ears toasty warm, even in the wind. The interior fleece is soft--sort of feels like a flannel sheet. I'm pleased with my ear muffs and have no issue recommending them to those looking for an alternative to a hat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20