Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Erci > Reviews

Browse

Erci's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Erci RSS Feed

Contour ROAM2 Waterproof Video Camera (Black)
Contour ROAM2 Waterproof Video Camera (Black)
Offered by Michael's Mart(no tax)
Price: $137.98
91 used & new from $86.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Have used and loved Contour for years, but this camera is incredibly disappointing, November 21, 2012
I've owned Contour 720HD for several years and it's been a great camera. The one feature I really wanted to gain was the still photo mode.

Enter the new ROAM2.. perfect on paper! It has everything I want with many improvements over my current one.

Here's the MAJOR reason why I will be returning this camera (and frankly I doubt too many would buy it if they understood this *feature*... which is not explained at all if you just look at specs:

YOU CANNOT CHANGE MODE without connecting the camera to a computer!

You must install Contour software to edit settings including mode (1080, 720, still photo, etc).

So.. if you set your camera to shoot 1 picture per minute and go for a ride, that's the ONLY mode you can use until you connect it to a computer!

That, in my opinion, is absolutely ridiculous!!

I got this camera partially to be loyal to Contour and of course because I already have quite a few mounts for it. The price is exactly the same as the new GoPro Hero3. Specs are identical, but guess what.. big MODE button right on the front of GoPro cam.

Contour rep replied to my question with: "ROAM2 is our budget camera. Look into Contour+2 for additional features".

So I have to pay exactly TWICE the price to gain ability to change mode without hooking the camera up to a computer??
Comment Comments (25) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2014 10:55 AM PST

Music City Metals 64362 Matte Cast Iron Cooking Grid Replacement for Select Gas Grill Models by Broil King, Broil-Mate and Others, Set of 2
Price: $70.35
5 used & new from $67.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, May 11, 2012
Just got these to replace original grates on my Broil King Crown 20. These fit perfectly and look very much like OEM grates.