Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Kali > Reviews

Browse

Kali's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kali RSS Feed (Lancre, Discworld)

Maskerade (Discworld )
Maskerade (Discworld )
by Terry Pratchett
54 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Phantom of the Opera is here inside my mind!, September 5, 2000
Wonderful. Superb. Splendid. Magnificent. Operatic -- well, maybe not the last one. Maskerade is a work of art -- a work of wit, no less. Terry Pratchett is once again a master of the written word. Any fan of Pterry, Discworld, opera, musical theatre (I esp. loved when Nanny Ogg found the musical scripts!), Phantom of the Opera, and in fact, pretty much anything else will love this book. Creative, witty, satirical, and side-splitting. I laughed the whole way through. My only regret is that the only recognisable characters were Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax (oh, and Greebo. And a cameo Death). Not that they're bad -- au contraire -- but the wizards of UU are also very funny. Also... what happened to the footnotes? I've always enjoyed them in the other Discworld books. But that's a brief flaw -- overall, Maskerade is a genius' masterpiece, proving Pterry's brilliance once again.

Soul Music (Discworld)
Soul Music (Discworld)
by Terry Pratchett
58 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Music with Rocks In, September 5, 2000
Soul Music is absolutely my favourite book of all time. There's not much more needed to say about it. Terry Pratchett outdid himself writing this one -- it's even better than Maskerade (my second favourite book of all time). Soul Music is brilliant, witty, clever, splendidly written, and fantastically funny, yet despite the hilarious humour, it manages to have a certain poignance, too. I read Soul Music in one sitting -- took me two and a half hours -- without moving, save to turn the pages. I was completely unaware of time passing. After I finished it -- I turned to the front and read it again. In one more sitting. Five hours, total. I had expected this book to be brilliant and hysterical -- I was not disappointed. It was much, much better than I expected. Terry Pratchett is a genius, and Soul Music is his greatest.

The City Who Fought (Brainship)
The City Who Fought (Brainship)
by S. M. Stirling
78 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite B&B book, January 8, 2000
City Who Fought is an amazing book which I really love. The characters are all very real and three-demensional. I found myself so drawn into the story that I forgot about many other things, including my favourite tv show. I stayed up til...bout 2:30 AM reading this book, so that I could find out what happened to Simeon, Joat, Channa, and the rest of them. My favourite character was Simeon, of course, but Joat, Channa, Joseph, Seld, Patsy, Chaundra -- okay, all of them, just about -- are also wonderfully three-demensional. Simeon is my favourite brain -- favourite character -- from any of Anne McCafferey's B&B books. The only problems I found with this book were a) that it was much more militaristic than I like, but I knew that when I began reading it, so I can only blame myself, and b) the Kolnari were a bit..flat, and 2-demensional, not something I personally like in a book, especially for the villians. One thing that I read in another review of this book was that it was not a good book for children, having a lot of sex and violence in it. My opinion on this is: It's not MEANT for children! It's an adults book, and the person who wrote that review should have realized that.