Profile for Sean > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sean RSS Feed

Zeetron iPhone 3GS Replacement Battery Kit (Includes 7 Piece Opening Tool Kit + Screen Protector + Zeetron Microfiber Cloth)

4.0 out of 5 stars Spudgers no good, November 20, 2013
The battery functions and fits the case, the instructions weren't there but a visit to youtube fixed that, included spudgers are kinda useless and brittle.

ER-20 1/2 INCH SPRING COLLET
ER-20 1/2 INCH SPRING COLLET
Offered by MIS Tool Supply
Price: $13.11
2 used & new from $12.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Just one piece., November 20, 2013
This is certainly an ER-20 spring collet but beware this isn't a complete set as the picture shows, I didn't pay attention to the description and thought I was getting a hot deal on a set. Otherwise it's fine, just more expensive than I would have expected to pay for a no name single collet.

Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 4.0 4 GB Internet Tablet 16:9 Capacitive Multi-Touch Widescreen, Black MID7036-4
Offered by greatpower 8
Price: $72.98
3 used & new from $59.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It is inexpensive..., November 9, 2012
Well, for what it costs, it's just barely tolerable. I bought it to test developing with Android. For that purpose, as a lowest common denominator device, it works fairly admirably. On the other hand, this is nearly the bare bones minimum you need to do Netflix / surf the web / play games etc. This thing is just barely fast enough to play Netflix SD. For light web, book reading and email, it would serve pretty well given the price. I plan on buying one for my Mom, and maybe as a treat for one of my kids if they do well in school. But it's certainly no Nexus 7 or iPad. But hey, it is cheap as all get out, and it works, so that's pretty hard to argue with.

10 Pcs VicTsing® 5m USB Waterproof Endoscope Borescope Inspection Camera
10 Pcs VicTsing® 5m USB Waterproof Endoscope Borescope Inspection Camera
Offered by HZONE
Price: $18.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth it, August 7, 2012
The resolution is very poor, and the focusing system is terrible. Getting things in focus requires jiggering the camera around for a few seconds. The camera element on mine some how got knocked loose after the first five minutes of jamming it down a hole. Roughly 1/3rd of the screen now is taken up by a big white rectangle. Getting it to work wasn't a problem, Win7 picked it right up. I used VLC for viewing software, but you could use anything really. I used ustream and then used my phone to watch the screen, laggy but it'd work. An old XP laptop I had did recognize it, but no video was visible in amcap.

I'm not going to return it, because maybe I broke it, maybe I didn't -- it did sort of answer the question it was purchased for. It's just useful as a usb flash light now.

Levi's  Men's Belt With Antique Nickel Buckle,Black,30
Levi's Men's Belt With Antique Nickel Buckle,Black,30
Price: $19.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Bonded leather over synthetic core, July 23, 2012
This is junk. Don't waste your 20 bucks expecting a real leather belt -- real leather belts are not rubbery. I just put it on and noticed the tell tale sign of leather cracking on the inside. I doubt this will last more than a couple months.

edit Nov. 12:
I came to the conclusion that it's not a synthetic belt, they just used really soft (cheap?) leather. I agree with the other guy, I've bought leather belts from flea markets that last longer than this. It's wearing pretty badly, the holes are egged out. I expect to get maybe another 4-6 months out of it. Maybe I'll turn the leather into a strop and get a tandy blank to make a new belt.

WorthTrust Quick Neck Shoulder Strap for Canon Nikon Sony Cameras
WorthTrust Quick Neck Shoulder Strap for Canon Nikon Sony Cameras
Offered by Naviman
Price: $8.53
14 used & new from $2.17

1.0 out of 5 stars The clip broke!, May 17, 2012
I have owned this for about a month now.

Initially, I thought this was an ok buy. How can they possibly mess this up? Nylon strap, ok, padding, ok... Clip metal.

That metal clip is a deal breaker, it's some cheesy sintered metal, or pot metal. I broke the little "tooth" off that incidentally is all that holds it together. I put a much better clip from the hardware store on it and drilled out the mounting hole... But I haven't used it given a total lack of confidence. I'm gonna hang a brick on it and leave it for awhile.

Bottom line, don't waste the money.