Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Jim D > Reviews

Browse

Jim D's Profile

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jim D "comp_wizard306" RSS Feed (MI, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Wild North 10x50 Binoculars - 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee!
The Wild North 10x50 Binoculars - 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee!
Offered by The Wild North
Price: $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Clear set of Binoculars!, February 5, 2016
Great, clear optics for the price, smooth focusing. Body is coated in a nice soft-touch rubber finish for a decent grip when using in the field.

Included case is a nice extra, keeps them from getting banged up when I stow them in my truck.
Disclosure: Received at a discount in exchange for a review. Cheers!

Pet MD - Otic Advanced Cat & Dog Ear Cleaner - Effective Against Otitis Externa, Ear Infections Caused by Mites, Yeast, Itching & Odor - Apple Kiwi Scent - 8oz
Offered by H3 Essentials
Price: $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, Smells Nice too., February 5, 2016
This stuff works great and smells decent too.

We have a goldendoodle with floppy ears and they have a tendency to get the black wax build-up. A squirt of this in each ear, hold the ear flap closed and some gentle massaging and the build-up wipes right off. I usually let it simply be absorbed by a piece of paper towel, then clean the loosened wax build-up off with a clean sheet.

Great stuff - A word of warning, if you don't care for the smell (which we do) it is a very persistent fragrance. Even if we haven't used the cleaner for days, you can still detect it.

Wansview NCM630W H.264 720P Megapixel Pan/Tilt IR-Cut Wireless IP Camera HD IP Camera with Free DDNS Motion Detection Email Alarm Onvif P2P 3.6mm Lens Support 32GB TF Card Built-in Microphone 6m Night Vision for MAC/Windows/Android and Iphone

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful with Knock-Off Products, October 26, 2015
Either I received a knock-off, or they are not as described in this Amazon description. No WansView Logo or Model number on my camera, box was generic blue and white box with no indication of WansView as it's manufacturer.

Camera I received was not capable of 720p nor h.264 streaming, it was a basic VGA Camera with m-jpeg only. (see attached image)

Returned for refund.
Comment Comment | Permalink

TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router, 2.4GHz 450Mbps+5Ghz 1300Mbps, 2 USB Port, IPv6, Guest Network
Price: $99.95
114 used & new from $80.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Dual-Band AC Router- Wired Speeds Slow until Hardware NAT Disabled., March 19, 2015
REVIEWED ON FIRMWARE: 3.14.1 Build 141110 Rel.44276n

The Archer C7 seems like a pretty good buy. Purchased at 89.99 which is about 50 dollars (or more) less than comparably spec'd devices like the Nighthawk or the Asus offerings. To be honest, before this purchase, I've never owned a TP-Link product and I was really skeptical of the the devices high ratings. After reviewing the fairly comprehensive comparison over at the Wire Cutter website, though it seemed like it was worth the gamble replacing my old D-Link DIR-655 which could no longer cope with the latest 100mbit cable we are able to receive.

BUILD:
First and foremost, the router is pretty low profile. The antennas feel substantial on the device (although the middle one isn't technically centered, which seems odd to me). The actual build is all glossy, fingerprint grabbing black plastic, but it looks pretty nice. The lights on the front are bright, so plan on locating it where you aren't going to be trying to watch a movie or sleep!

WIRELESS AND SETUP:
Setup was fairly easy, the first login you are prompted to configure some basic wireless options and then you are left to your devices. The interface, as compared to other routers is fairly limited (perhaps not as well polished), but it offers most of the functionality I've come to expect from a residential class wireless router. The dual-band modes do not quite give the granular configuration (limiting to a specific standard, such as N only for example) but this does not appear to cause too much degradation in performance. 5ghz AC performance is excellent in my 2-story colonial wood framed house. I have no issues seeing maximum speeds with the router located upstairs and devices browsing in the living room on the main floors. Range for 2.4ghz also seems excellent and I have a mix of numerous legacy and newer AC supported 5ghz clients on the network. Fortunately, the bands appear to handle devices independent of one another so legacy 2.4ghz devices do not slow down the new faster 5.0ghz stuff!

CONS:
My biggest hiccup and the reason I removed one star is the wired side of this router. When you enable the routers Hardware NAT (which is on by default) the wired network speeds are limited to about 26mb (of the 100mbit available). Playing with the configuration yielded mixed results for a solution until I reached out to TP-Link for support. The resolution: Disable hardware NAT. Once that is disabled, the wired segement (plugged devices) speed right back up to full speed. I believe this limits the device to software only NAT, which in theory could cause a performance hit but doesn't appear to have caused any issues in my practical testing. I have updated the firmware to the latest and TP-Link has not been able to confirm whether this is a hardware fault in the V2 - revision that I have, or if it can be resolved with an updated software release. I'll gladly modify my review if this is fixed.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2015 11:16 AM PDT

APC Back-UPS XS 1200 Battery Kit of 2 Beiter DC Power®
APC Back-UPS XS 1200 Battery Kit of 2 Beiter DC Power®
Offered by Beiter DC Power
Price: $35.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works in the Belkin F6C1500-TW-RK As Well, January 17, 2015
Kit works in the Belkin F6C1500-TW-RK. Came charged to about 12.8v per battery and were a 1-to-1 replacement for my existing unit. Just installed them so I cannot speak to the longevity, but they are made in china (just like the originals) and they came with a 2yr warranty, so I feel pretty good about them.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Just 'OK', January 5, 2015
I found the slot spacing to be tight on my HK416 and the material to be more hard-plastic feeling than my other Ladder Covers. These are not as 'grippy' or rubber feeling as the real thing and do come completely covered in an oily mould release substance. If you get the initial rail slot in place, you can stretch them to fit and they do work ok, just not as high quality as I would like.

Wouldn't order them again, but they are functional.

RCA Compact Outdoor Yagi HDTV Antenna
RCA Compact Outdoor Yagi HDTV Antenna
Price: $41.79
113 used & new from $33.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well in my location, November 2, 2014
Able to pick up all the big networks consistently, even the more difficult to capture Fox 2 from my location. I'm pretty happy with the antenna. When I pulled it from the box, I needed to bend a few of the elements to ensure they were all properly parallel before installation, but the light aluminum construction makes this a quick easy correction. Added benefit is that it is not difficult to mount on the roof due to it's light weight and small size.

I paired it with the CommDeck installation platform and the RCA Amplifier to optimize my installation.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Micro USB Host OTG Cable with Micro USB Power for Samsung i9100 i9300 i9220 i9250 by AtomicMarket
Offered by Atomic Market
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars OTG Charging on Nexus 7 (2012) Kegbot, October 12, 2014
Works with the 2012 Nexus 7 and AutoDroid 1.2 allowing both USB Host and Charging simultaneously. Seems like a reasonably good quality cable.

Using it on my kegbot.

MediaDevil Simdevil 3-in-1 SIM Card Adapter Kit (Nano / Micro / Standard)
MediaDevil Simdevil 3-in-1 SIM Card Adapter Kit (Nano / Micro / Standard)
Offered by MediaDevil
Price: $11.97
2 used & new from $6.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in the OnePlus One!, September 4, 2014
Great Universal kit that worked well with an old iPhone 5 nano-sim. I used this to adapt my tiny sim to the larger sim required by my new OnePlus One phone. Worked great, no hassles.

Orzly ORZTGSCRPRO Premium Tempered Glass 0.24mm Ultra Slim Screen Protector for OnePlus One
Offered by G-HUB USA
Price: $7.99
15 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Screen Protector for the OnePlus One, August 13, 2014
Absolutely excellent screen protector.

Application kit is complete, including an Alcohol Wipe, Microfiber Lint Free Cloth, 'Dust Removal Stickers' and a small Squeegee. The application process takes about 5 minutes and was significantly easier than other protectors I tried to apply to the OnePlus. No liquid or other solution to apply, simply clean your screen, remove any errant dust and drop in place. My protector went on 100% dust and bubble free.

On to the 'FEEL' of this protector, the hard gloss surface is ultra slick and feels like the OEM Screen coating. The edges are nicely rounded to keep from catching your finger or the edge of your pocket and the fit is excellent. One note, this does NOT have a cut out for the front facing Camera or the Proximity Sensor. I don't notice any degradation, but that may be important for some people.

Shipping from the UK took 9 days in my case, which is much quicker than I was expecting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4