Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for ambook2002 > Reviews

Browse

ambook2002's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ambook2002 "ambook2002" RSS Feed

Honor Bound: My Journey to Hell and Back with Amanda Knox
Honor Bound: My Journey to Hell and Back with Amanda Knox
by Andrew Gumbel
92 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Well Told, Very Engaging, & A Great Read!, October 28, 2012
I bought this book after seeing Raffaele on a evening news show. I never would have bought the book had that interviewer not mentioned several times, while holding up the book and saying something like, "Your book is VERY good", "So well written" "You have to get your hands on this book." Being naive I wondered if I could really get into a book written by a young Itallian boy whose English didn't was hard to understand during the interview and I could see he struggled sometimes to get his thought across. But, listening to the rave review and watching Raffaele appearing on a few channels that week promoting his book I decided to buy the book. BOY, WAS I NAIVE. I admit it, I was wrong ever thinking the story might lack sensible translation and communication! I couldn't put the book down!!

Like many other people I didn't believe Raffaele and Amanda were involved in the murder and I believed the case against them was invented by the Italian Police but I didn't know half the stuff these two went through. The story was very well told, very engaging, and a great read.

The Duck Commander Family: How Faith, Family, and Ducks Built a Dynasty
The Duck Commander Family: How Faith, Family, and Ducks Built a Dynasty
by Mark Schlabach
528 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, October 28, 2012
I have watched every episode of Duck Dynasty since their first season and absolutely LOVE the show. The guys are witty and funny and, well, TOTAL REDNECKS YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE.

I learned a lot about this family through the book and anyone who's a fan will love this book. I will be passing it on to my cousin (who is also a fan.)

CONS:
My only quip is the storyline/interjections throughout the book by Korie. As I read her parts I would think, "Why is she a part of this book? What is she adding." All she does for the first 80 pages is comment on Willie's writing, basically to the effect of, 'oh, I can't believe the boys or Phil did that. Can you imagine if...." BORING and it put me off so much that I would just start skipping any part written by Korie. There are a few sections where she actually will tell a story and just a few sections where you need to read what she wrote to come in on what Willie writes next and understand the story being relayed, however, in general she's not a great writer/story teller. She drags it out more than I need, tells useless information that seems more like book fluff, reiterates stuff already told by Willie and let's be real... she's just not funny like Willie and all the men of Duck Dyansty/Duck Commander. It's like two people wrote some stuff and her's was thrown in around his. I didn't like that.

The other thing I was sick of by the first 80 pages is how Korie has a strong liking to end many, MANY sentences with an explanation mark (!). It's just annoying, simply annoying.

FINAL THOUGHT
Because Willie's part was so awesome and I learned so much about the boys and how Duck Commander was born I give it 5-Stars. The Robertson clan and their families seem to be good people with good values and... A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR.

Barlean's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, 16-Ounce Jar
Barlean's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, 16-Ounce Jar
Price: $13.28
34 used & new from $12.45

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE & Smells GREAT, October 28, 2012
I bought this after a friend kept telling me she has no wrinkles (she's 42) because she has used Coconut Oil on her face for many years. She does look great for her age and I after reading up on Coconut Oil I decided to give it a try.

First, this stuff smells so good I want to eat it! LOL Seriously, the smell is heavenly.

Secondly, I was worried it would be too greasy for my face but the other reviewers were right, just use a dime size and give it a few seconds to set it and you'll be amazed that it really does seep into your sking within seconds and doesn't leave your face super shiny (like it may seem as it is going to do when you first apply it -- just give it a minute.

Lastly, after reading reviews from others they say what a great skin and hair moisturizer Coconut oil is -- so I tried it. I love it, especially on my hair. I have been putting it on my hair once a week at night and leave it in overnight, and wash it out in the morning when I shower. It's only been a couple of weeks and I do think my hair is softer.

Great stuff and I will be ordering this when my big 16oz. jar is empty.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, October 28, 2012
Good quality, very happy, cap locks on very well. Just be prepared to wait a bit to receive it because it comes from overseas.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars The Zipper Broke but I love the Backpack, October 28, 2012
I read it from another reviewer, "the zipper broke." Sure enough after just a couple days of use the zipper came off on mine too; However, I really loved this backpack and will pay to get the zipper on the main part of the bag replaced.

Nowhere but Up: The Story of Justin Bieber's Mom
Nowhere but Up: The Story of Justin Bieber's Mom
by A. J. Gregory
108 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacks a punch and much of the same thing over and over., October 28, 2012
I am not a Justin Bieber fan so buying this book. Someone wrote in a review something like, 'If you are buying this book because of the title and are looking for a book about Justin bieber this book is not for you.' That is true. For that reason I bought the book.

Although I can respect Pattie's difficult upbringing: traumatic situations that occured in her life, emotional scarring that occured, and the joy of her coming out of all this with hope, inspiration, and a new outlook, I did not like this book.

After reading half of the book I skimmed through the remaining pages to see if I felt it "got any better." I felt it didn't so I admit, I never really finished it; However, I found that the book lacked any real punch and said the same thing over and over again with different words or analogies. It was boring and very mundane. There's no real hook or story line (at least from the first half of the book I read), other than abuse and lack of the reader feeling anything major because the author lacks delving deep. The stories are short and it's as if she skim's her abusive life during this point. As I reader I was left wanting more... needing more from the author.

The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France: Doping, Cover-ups, and Winning at All Costs
by Daniel Coyle
111 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo! What a page turner!!, September 19, 2012
I went into the book with one outlook regarding doping (from a narrow-minded point of view) to having my eyes opened. The greatest thing of all that I came away with after reading your book was an understanding of what pressures are put upon racers to dip their toe in the dirty well water and how easily and innocently that can happen, and then turn into a big, dirty secret that you cannot tell, no matter what.

I could not put this book down. Written with so many informative facts and information, yet well written you feel like you just got a lesson in Cycling & Doping 101. Tyler is very brave and (in my mind) a hero for simply telling the truth (no matter how long it has taken). Best of luck to you, Tyler Hamilton!

Set of Japanese Sakura Cherry Blossom Soy Sauce Dipping Bowls 3 1/2 Inch
Set of Japanese Sakura Cherry Blossom Soy Sauce Dipping Bowls 3 1/2 Inch
Offered by HAPPY SALES
Price: $25.95
4 used & new from $24.50

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS!, August 30, 2012
These are just the cutest soy sauce/dipping bowls. They are the most unique bowls at the cheapest price. I LOVE THEM!!

Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony: The Inside Story
Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony: The Inside Story
by Peter Golenbock
Price: $21.62
110 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, July 22, 2012
As someone, like many, who were in disbelief of the outcome I was amazed at how much I enjoyed Mr. Baez's book. I have to say, I was one who thought Casey Anthony murdered her child. Now, I believe I was wrong.

I was engrossed in the trial. In total I probably watched 70% of the courtroom proceedings (from a live feed coming from a Florida News station). After the shocking not guilty verdict I was disgusted with the jury.

I read Jeff Ashton's book when it came out and I liked it, though I think this book Jose Baez wrote is nothing short of brilliant. There are many times I was shocked at what I was reading, shocked at how evidence was presented by the prosecution and thoroughly disgusted by how the media played me and this case out. I believe Mr. Baez is right in his assessment of one sided media and that, along with evidence the prosecution seemingly "made up" is downright despicable.

I didn't buy Jose Baez's book thinking I would change my mind about the murder of Caylee Anthony by her mother, Casey Anthony. I merely thought there would be some tidbits in there that would be interesting, things that didn't come out in the trial. I actually ended up liking Mr. Baez very much and I believe if you read this book with an open mind you too will have doubts. I do see now why the jury voted as they did and I am ashamed of myself for being fooled by the media, even though I watched the same trial (70% of it) as the jury, I was so swayed by the media that I really believe Casey killed Caylee. It's disgusting, I watched the same events and TONS of media coverage everyday of "experts" covering the case and I can't believe how easily I overlooked THE FACTS and traded them for what I was being sold on by the media, who hated Casey and already presumed her guilty.

After reading this book and reading how loyal and dedicated Mr. Baez was to Casey, I can say I would want him in my corner. He's unbelievably talented and smart and I believe he has a great career ahead -- Best wishes to Jose for a successful and abundant career.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2012 5:50 PM PDT