Profile for soccerplaya727 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

soccerplaya727 RSS Feed

Principles of Life & BioPortal
Principles of Life & BioPortal
by David E. Sadava
30 used & new from $23.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible "textbook", February 10, 2012
I'm taking BSC 2010 at the University of Florida, and unfortunately, this textbook replaced the Campbell Biology textbook this year. I knew coming in that the course will be interesting, and fairly easy for me because I took AP Biology in High School and I still remember a fair number of the concepts. The one factor that I forgot to take into account is the possibility that we'd have a terrible textbook. There are a couple of reasons why this textbook is horrible for anyone who wants to learn about Biology; first, none of the concepts are explained very clearly. Second, the concepts aren't explained in enough detail. This forms the basis of a textbook that is too convoluted to actually be of any help for the BioPortal quizzes (which, if you're taking this course at UF, will be extremely annoying...trust me). Basically, it seems like the authors just wanted to throw together a Biology textbook for the heck of it, and see how much money they could make before people realized that there was a superior alternative (the Campbell textbook). I give this textbook 2 stars simply because it's about Biology.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter vape, October 20, 2011
This vape is a good starter piece. The main issue with it is the fact that the temperature display is a little bit inaccurate, but considering the extremely low price, it's a solid vaporizer. The free grinder is also a lifesaver :)