Profile for Pamela A. Poddany > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 587

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pamela A. Poddany "Book Freak!" RSS Feed (Ohio)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LEGO Coast Guard Patrol
LEGO Coast Guard Patrol
Price: $60.96
121 used & new from $60.96

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!, October 30, 2014
This review is from: LEGO Coast Guard Patrol (Toy)
LEGO COAST GUARD PATROL

Our grand boy, Cayden, is having his seventh birthday in a few weeks and we got this for him as part of his present! These grand boys of ours just LOVE their LEGO sets. And our little grand girl loves the girly ones. We all have a great time putting them together. I'll tell you what -- these kids amaze me at just how good they are at putting these LEGO kits together even at their young ages -- and sometimes not even needing the directions/instructions. They have the patience it takes to do a job well done and enjoy the results.

This LEGO set is incredible. It has everything you can imagine and then some. It consists of 449 pieces. Make sure no little ones are around as these small parts are considered a choking hazard.

COAST GUARD PATROL comes complete with a huge Coast Guard ship, a helicopter, sharks, a dog, the Coast Guard guys, a lighthouse, and even a crab, and then some! This is too cool. The kids will spend hours enjoying themselves while putting this together and then many more hours using their imagination and playing with this set.

You can also trust the LEGO brand to be made well and hold together like glue. It's great that LEGO is stretching their boundaries and making so many awesome sets that can be used with other sets or stand alone. LEGO is the brand that we like to purchase for our grand babies; other types of block sets/kits just do not compare at all against the LEGO quality.

I just know that our Cayden will be SO happy to receive this manly LEGO set. I know he has been wanting it for a long, long time and now it is all his. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAYDEN! We love you!

Thanks!

Tom's of Maine Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion, Lightly Scented, 6 Ounce
Tom's of Maine Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion, Lightly Scented, 6 Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars IMMEDIATELY MAKES YOUR SKIN FEEL VERY SOFT AND SILKY!, October 29, 2014
TOM'S OF MAINE DAILY MOISTURIZING BODY LOTION

I always see TOM'S OF MAINE products in stores but have never purchased any. Now I am asking myself WHY? I have been missing out on a wonderful product!

I received this in the mail this afternoon and have only applied it to my hands once. Once is all it took to create a wonderful silky, soft, and non-greasy feeling on my overworked old hands. They feel wonderful -- tonight after my shower I plan on applying this to my entire body and I know I will be one happy camper.

The scent is very subtle, gentle, and light. The lotion is thick and creamy. This product is dermatologist tested, there is absolutely NO animal testing or animal ingredients, no artificial colors, flavors, fragrance or preservatives. Another plus is the company participates in recycling and to me this is so important.

Well, TOM'S OF MAINE -- thanks for the soft hands and yummy feeling. You have a new fan in me. I work in a elementary school cafeteria and my hands are always in and out of water, being washed constantly, and are shoved into vinyl gloves most of the day. All of these factors take a toll on your hands. I know I will be purchasing another tube of this product and keeping it at work for me and the girls for our working hands.

Pam

Army "New Style" MILITARY Flag - 3 foot by 5 foot Polyester (NEW)
Army "New Style" MILITARY Flag - 3 foot by 5 foot Polyester (NEW)
Offered by ANLEY
Price: $7.29
11 used & new from $0.98

4.0 out of 5 stars HIGH FLYIN' FLAG, October 29, 2014
US ARMY FLAG

This is a very light weight flag which is OK with my husband. We fly it under the American Flag on the same aluminum pole. Heavier flags tend to put more stress on the pole during high winds. The pole is two inches by 25 foot and aluminum.

The border where the grommets are would be better if it were a cotton flag rather than the lighter flag material. I worry that the grommets will tear out. Time will tell and, hey, the flag only costs $7.

Overall this is a nice looking flag for the money and would even look great on a den or office wall. Flying this flag outdoors will probably wear it out in a year or two but you can't go wrong on any note for the price. And we will purchase another one when necessary.

Thanks.

Rockwell RK1806K2 20V Lithium Ion Combo Kit with Drill and Impact Driver Plus Free Replacement Batteries for Life, 2-Piece
Price: $161.27

5.0 out of 5 stars MY HUSBAND LOVES THIS -- JUST LOVES IT!!!!, October 29, 2014
ROCKWELL RK180K2 20V LITHIUM ION COMBO KIT WITH DRILL & IMPACT DRIVER

My husband just about danced around the room when I told him what I had ordered for him -- he is SO happy with his ROCKWELL DRILL and DRIVER SET. Here's what he has said about it --

Nice, light weight tools -- good balance. Two batteries are included which is great for extended use. Quick charger with indicator light included. This baby charges super fast!!!!!!

Good heavy carrying bag that has room inside for drill bits and small items like screws.

Free lifetime batteries which, if you have ever bought these batteries, is HUGE! Two batteries would usually cost $100 plus for any brand of tool. Only RIDGE offers this with their sets but they are much more expensive than the Rockwell. set

Impact driver has 950 inch/pounds of torque which is very good and has a standard quick bit lock release. Drill is 265 inch/pounds and that is average.

Batteries have 1.3 AMP hour rating which is about average for tools such as this and 20 volts which have plenty of power.

Drill is variable speed with a high and low range. Easy to use switch on the top of the drill.

Very compact and light for tight spaces and working overhead. His old Craftsman NICAD weighs a ton and can make your arm tired in no time.

Two belt hooks are included which hook on the side with one screw. Nice option to prevent dropping your valuable tool.

Drill has 15 torque settings. The higher the setting the greater the torque.

This really is a super nice tool set for the money - and the lifetime batteries are a real bonus. Definitely a "Best Buy".

You really can't go wrong with this drill set for the homeowner/handyman.

Aquaphor Healing Ointment Touch-Free Applicator, 3 oz  3 Count
Aquaphor Healing Ointment Touch-Free Applicator, 3 oz 3 Count
Price: $23.97

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN FOR MANY DIFFERENT REASONS, October 29, 2014
AQUAPHOR HEALING OINTMENT

This product is extremely useful and effective in cold Ohio winters. We tried this product last winter for those nasty cracks you get on your hands in the freezing cold and dry winters here. This product was suggested by a friend who works for a dermatologist -- and it really helps to keep your hands moisturized and protected.

AQUAPHOR is fairly water resistant like Vasoline and works well when frequent hand washings create dry skin. As a preventative and healing product, there is nothing better than AQUAPHOR. This product can also be used for dry, cracked, and irritated skin, as temporary protection against minor cuts, scrapes, and burns. You may also use on your lips to prevent chapping, and for all over body protection against the frigid weather and cold blowing wind. Constant and continued use of this product does help keep your skin in good shape during any time of the year, but in particular during the winter months.

I highly recommend this product and believe you would be happy with it. It's not so much to be used as a hand creme, but as a healing and preventative ointment -- but we do use it on our hands daily around here to keep them in good conditon.

AQUAPHOR also carries the GOOD HOUSEKEEPING seal of approval and that should say it all.

Thank you!

Dixie Disposable Cutting Boards, 30 Count
Dixie Disposable Cutting Boards, 30 Count
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars FOR A VARIETY OF USES, October 28, 2014
DIXIE DISPOSABLE CUTTING BOARDS

These cutting boards are not what you may think they are. Basically, they are a somewhat heavy duty paper plate with a slight plastic coating. Yes, they are disposable. But, I hate waste and throwing things away. I have plenty of nice heavy duty real cutting boards to do my chopping, cutting, dicing, etc in my kitchen. Use them, put them in the dishwasher. Nice and GREEN for the Earth.

HOWEVER -- these would be a fantastic item for some dry prep work such as using for cookie holders, a serving tray, serving items such as chips, pretzels, or crackers -- light weight non-juicy food. These would also make a great tray for small children to eat their meal from, but only if that meal is light-weight. I can see where this item would come in handy for tail gating, backyard BBQs, camping, traveling.

They would also be great for crafts with the kiddies and would be certain to contain the mess while the young ones are busy creating.

I would not in a minute cut on this item. Remember, this is basically a paper plate with a plastic coating and not any stronger than that.

Also, while disposable works for some folks, it doesn't for me. I am big time into recycling and hate to throw things away. I am sorry, but I don't do disposable plates, trays, cups, etc. If I can't recycle it, then I definitely use items that I cook and work with over and over. "Throwing away" doesn't help anyone.

Thanks.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2014 4:33 PM PDT

The Outlaw Album: Stories
The Outlaw Album: Stories
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT KIND OF CRAZINESS IS THAT ABOUT I WONDER, October 26, 2014
THE OUTLAW ALBUM -- STORIES

I love Daniel Woodrell and all of his writings; this is his first set of short stories and all twelve are wonderful for different reasons. We all know this man can write and he continually amazes.

Most of these twelve shorts take places in the deep and dark regions that Woodrell knows like the back of his hands -- the Missouri Ozark area. Each story is unique and singular, but each story is dark, dreary, and somber. Yet, each story shows human emotions of such variety, that you can relate to each story and its characters and conditions.

A few of my favorites --

UNCLE -- This tale relates how a young girl gets revenge on her uncle who mistreats her and other females. Or does she achieve the revenge she so craves? This creepy and unsettling story will stay with me for a long time.

FLORIANNE -- This is a story told by a heartbroken father who continually searches for his missing daughter. As he puts it, "I suspect everybody around here and nobody special. At the opening of each deer season I hope this time she'll be found. Eleven hunts have come and gone now, and others have been stumbled across in culverts, under old plywood, wrapped carefully in white sheets, and piled over with leaves, but not my girl."

Each of these stories is wonderful, but be prepared to be taken to dark and secret places where you will have a hard time returning from. These stories will stick with me for a long time. Woodrell writes with such smoothness, humor, wit, and knowledge. I love his writing, his thoughts, his descriptions.

Yes, while this is a dark little book it still has that golden light that Woodrell manages to make glow with each sentence, thought, word, story. Don't miss this one. Oh, and make sure all of those doors and windows are locked, stocked, and barreled.

Thank you.

Pam
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2014 11:03 AM PDT

Eight O'Clock The Original Decaf Ground Coffee, 12-Ounce Bag (Pack of 6)
Eight O'Clock The Original Decaf Ground Coffee, 12-Ounce Bag (Pack of 6)
Price: $35.88
3 used & new from $35.88

5.0 out of 5 stars DECAF THAT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE DECAF, October 25, 2014
EIGHT O'CLOCK - THE ORIGINAL DECAF GROUND COFFEE

My hubby has been starting his day with decaf coffee for over four years now. In 2010 he had heart surgery and needed to adjust his coffee and diet after that event. For a man who loves his pots of coffee, this was no easy task -- until now.

Finding a good decaf coffee is not easy, if not damn near impossible. Most decaf coffee blends taste like boiled cardboard or are tasteless and bitter. Thanks to AMAZON reviews and trying MANY different brands of decaf coffee, he thought he would try EIGHT O'CLOCK.

Tom finds this coffee to have that excellent restaurant taste that is totally satisfying to drink. This blend has the taste you crave and desire, especially after a nice meal or that first pot that starts your day.

The cost is extremely fair for decaf and cheaper than many. Having tried most brands that you can purchase in a grocery store, this is the most gratifying and delicious. We will probably continue to purchase this package of six at this great price and probably add this product to AMAZON auto-ship.

Thanks EIGHT O'CLOCK for making my husband a happy man who can now guzzle coffee to his heart's delight and good health without the consequences of regular java.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2014 3:58 AM PDT

The Cat, the Dog, Little Red, the Exploding Eggs, the Wolf, and Grandma
The Cat, the Dog, Little Red, the Exploding Eggs, the Wolf, and Grandma
by Christyan Fox
Price: $12.75
62 used & new from $7.88

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN FOR ALL, October 25, 2014
THE CAT, THE DOG, LITTLE RED, THE EXPLODING EGGS, THE WOLF, AND GRANDMA

Our seven year old grand girl, Paige, loves to read. Now that she is in second grade she is often found with her nose in a book. This book -- THE CAT, THE DOG, LITTLE RED -- is the perfect book for a young child to sit down and read themselves. It is also a great book to sit and snuggle with your babes and read out loud. There is enough wit and sarcasm involved for the older set to also enjoy.

Paige loved the funny illustrations and the entire retelling of the classic LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD that we all know and love. She loved how Cat would get so frustrated with Dog's interjections and thoughts that are totally off the wall regarding the story. And how much fun these crazy ideas makes this book. Paige laughed out loud when Cat just gave up and threw the book at Dog. She also liked the illustration of the cupboard where Grandma is hiding, with the words HELLO? HELLO? written. It is funny!

The illustrations are in black and white and drawn in a funny and haphazard way that is very eye-appealing. The book is for everyone, young and old alike. While not being aware, this book is also a teaching tool, showing how to try and keep your temper even while someone is SO frustrating, how to be polite, and how to use your imagination, which Dog is a pro at!!!

Paige's mom is a first grade teacher and will take this book to school to share with her class. The basic story is Little Red Riding Hood, but with the interactions of Dog and Cat, this book will be a great tool to be used as a comparison and contrasting of the different versions of the fairy tale. The children will love the illustrations and they will definitely think Dog and Cat are funny. She will also use the illustrations to teach the students that pictures give us clues about how to read the text of a book -- such as using expression and voice variations. Such as -- when Cat had a storm cloud over his head, the font is in all caps. Cat is so angry that the reader's voice should be loud and sound angry too.

While reading this aloud to Paige last night, my daughter did such a fantastic job that I was also caught up in the magic and fun of Dog and Cat. I know that my daughter's first grade students will enjoy this book when she reads it to them and asks them some questions afterwards. And I also know that our Paige will read this book over and over again, perhaps reading it aloud it her little brother, Bradley.

It's great when a book is able to be enjoyed, loved, treasured, and also give young readers some ideas and thoughts along the way.

Thank you!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2014 8:53 AM PDT

Flirty Aprons Oven Mitt, Sassy Black
Flirty Aprons Oven Mitt, Sassy Black
Price: $10.82
3 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars HOT STUFF, October 22, 2014
FLIRTY APRONS OVEN MITT -- SASSY BLACK

This nicely designed black and white oven mitt will keep your hand safe from hot pans and casseroles as you are making magic in your kitchen or out at your BBQ. It is thick and sturdy with ample room inside for your hand, large or small. The mitt has a thermal protective layer that insulates your hand from the heat of your cook ware. It is made of 100% cotton and feels very comfortable when wearing.

The black and white floral type design is pretty with a black and white striped edging and hanging loop. My only quibble would be that the care direction tag is on the outside of the glove; however, I think with careful snipping it can be removed with no harm done to the mitt itself. The directions say to hand wash in cold water with gentle detergent, using no bleach, and hanging to dry. I washed in my machine with towels and threw it in the dryer with no harm done.

This mitt is made in China, too bad it can't be manufactured in the good old USA. You can also purchase matching aprons so you look extra spiffy while throwing together a marvelous meal. Oh, also -- don't oven mitts usually come in pairs? I received this from one mitt from VINE -- I may purchase one to have a set -- two hands, two mitts -- makes sense.

All and all a lovely and durable mitt that will get a workout in our kitchen.

Thanks.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2014 10:58 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20