Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Bill > Reviews

Browse

Bill's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bill RSS Feed

Hamilton Khaki King Series Mens Watch H64455533
Hamilton Khaki King Series Mens Watch H64455533
Offered by Cool Chrono
Price: $358.99
17 used & new from $358.99

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, February 27, 2013
This is going to be a quick review but to the point. Sapphire crystal, Swiss 2834-2 movement and a very high quality leather band for mid to upper 300's price range. Simply the best bang for your buck. Day/Date feature is really nice and legible. At 40mm case it sets perfect on my 7" wrist. Very light and comfortable. In 4 days it only gained 2 seconds, that is unbelievable! Only my Citizen Atomic watch is more accurate (as should be). I would pay a 1000+ for this watch. I can't believe you can get this quality of a watch for this low a price. Even the suggested retail seems to be a huge bargain. Side note: the 42mm field Khaki would also be a great deal if you have wrists 7" or above. It was a difficult decision for me but I'm very satisfied. You will be too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2015 7:54 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very surprising, February 3, 2013
As the title implies, I am very surprised about how solid this watch is. This thing is beautiful. There are a lot of reviews on this watch, some good and some bad. I'm going to touch on a few points that are important to take into consideration. Some of what I'm going to say will be a little redundant giving some of the other reviews. For myself, to start with, I'm very fanatical about quality and function. I want things to last...period. Getting quality at a great price is all the more better. I've had this watch only one day so I'm limited on giving an adequate review with respects to longevity.

This is a tribute watch to the Rolex Submariner, which has always been a favorite of mine, just not one that I can currently nor previously afford. This is NOT a Rolex and that should be kept in mind. In reading some of the other reviews, some fail to understand this, believe it or not. Rolex is more than a name, it is quality and precision from inside to out with stringent quality control to supreme customer service. Should they cost less....probably. That's another topic. The Invicta 9937 is a great watch for what it is, but it is still an Invicta. Their focus is more on quantity than quality. You may have heard others speak about how bad their costumer service is and they have NO quality control process. This is true and should be kept in mind.

Given all that......this watch really has a very solid built quality to it. The band is heavy with a solid clasp (and it doesn't pull the hairs on my arm!) It's very comfortable to wear. I'm curious to how well the 'Flame Fusion' crystal holds up. Older version of this watch had the sapphire crystal (should have kept that). The magnifier over the date window is sufficient. Even my half blind self can see the date well. It is absolutely a beautiful watch

Let's get to the heart of this watch, which is probably the most important thing to me. The movement that it uses is a Swiss Sellita SW200 Movement. This is a swiss copy of the 2824-2 ETA movement that is used in several high end watches and used to be in this watch several years ago. Really wish that movement was still in there, but the Sellita is still a great movement. The Swatch Group, that owns the ETA, wanted to keep the ETA limited to in-house companies which is why Invicta can't use them anymore. The reason that you hear of so many different reviews on accuracy of this watch is because it is unregulated. Rolex, Tags, etc. all regulate their watches before they are sold. Invicta does not do this...or China or whoever puts these things together. You can always have it regulated/adjusted after the fact. Mine ran about 4 sec slow in 24hr. This is not bad at all. Others are better and some worse. I can live with that....well actually I'll probably get it adjusted... I have a few Seiko 5s running the Miyota movement and they are around 5-7 sec slow (Miyota does not hack and you can't manually wind it). I have a cheap Stauer watch with a china movement that is actually only 1 sec slow in 24 hr. lol., and it hacks and manually winds just like the swiss movement, however, it feels like the stem could break in your hand, the crown does not screw in (like it says it's supposed to) and is clearly a cheap build. Winding the 9937 is very solid and feels great. Crown screws in nicely.

Only a couple of complaints. The bezel, on mine, is almost impossible to turn. A couple of drops of lubricant or WD-40 I have been told fixes this. I don't really need it to turn, so I'm not concerned with it. The other thing is that the weight seems a little stiff and doesn't rotate real easy, but losing only 4 sec, it may not matter.

Now where the rubber meets the road.... With Invicta not having a quality control process, its a bit of a gamble. I don't like the fact that Invicta is so secretive concerning production of their watches. If you do have problems, you're left with the option of tangoing with their pseudo service department or just taking a loss. Statistically there are far more good reviews on this watch than bad, so the numbers favor a good buy. Subjectively speaking, I love this watch and I'm very happy with my purchase. I believe you will too.

I will give an update after I put this watch through it's paces.

The Ignatius Bible: Revised Standard Version - Second Catholic Edition
The Ignatius Bible: Revised Standard Version - Second Catholic Edition
by Press Ignatius
Price: $18.99
93 used & new from $10.80

5.0 out of 5 stars simple the best I've owned, January 23, 2013
I have the Ignatius RSV-CE2 in the leather bound edition. This is the most well built Bible that I own, and I have quite a few. The leather feels really nice in your hands and it lays open well too. The font is large enough that I can read it comfortably. The leather edition has anti-glare pages which is amazing for reducing eye strain while reading for any extended amount of time. Something that I also love is how thick the pages are. You don't feel like they are going to tear in between your fingers and the print does not bleed through from the other side. My qualifications to comment on the translation itself would be marginal at best. The RSV has always been known to be a solid translation and has given birth to this translation and the highly revered ESV translation. Combine that with such a solid build and you have an awesome Bible.

Seiko Men's SNZG15 Seiko 5 Automatic Stainless Steel Watch with Nylon Strap
Seiko Men's SNZG15 Seiko 5 Automatic Stainless Steel Watch with Nylon Strap
6 used & new from $123.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid and functional, October 24, 2012
The SNZG15 is a watch that actually surprised me. I have quite a few watches, much to my wife's chagrin, and this is one of my favorite ones. One of the nice things about this watch is that it is an automatic with acceptable variances with time keeping. I do wish this Malaysian made automatic had a hacking feature, but even without it, it is acceptable given the affordability. I've heard others not speak positive about the nylon band, but I think it is one of the best features about the watch. I've had mine for a year and it is in as good of shape as when I bought it new. It will definitely out last leather bands. It is also very comfortable to wear. I'm a chiropractor and I use my hands a lot and this watch does not slow me down nor has it had any wear from the work. I love this watch and would highly recommend this to anyone.

Citizen Men's BL5250-02L Titanium Eco-Drive Watch with Leather Band
Citizen Men's BL5250-02L Titanium Eco-Drive Watch with Leather Band
Price: $308.19
34 used & new from $261.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect time, September 2, 2011
I want to start by saying that I did not buy this watch from Amazon, however if I would have, I would have saved money. I have bought from Amazon several times and the service is amazing. Back to the watch. I bought this watch about 4 years ago when it first came out and couldn't be happier with my purchase. They say that Rolex is the standard for precision time keeping with a +/- 1 sec a day spec. Well I set my Citizen 4 years ago to GMT time down to the second and it hasn't even lost or gain 1 second in 4 years. It's still precisely as I set it. That, in my opinion, is precision time keeping. It has performed flawlessly. I still get compliments on weekly basis without fail. The only negative I would say is that when the crown is in the "zero" position, it will change functions like switch to chronograph, alarm, etc if it is accidentally turned. This happens to me primarily because I have big wrists which can turn the crown. I would have preferred for the this function to have been at position "one" or "two" so that I don't accidentally change the function. The reason that this is an issue is because the "hands" will start to make revolutions to go to the next function and can take a little while to return back to regular time. Very, very minor issue and is probably more me than the watch. The perpetual calendar is brilliant. I am spoiled rotten with the convenience and function of this watch, and I don't think I could ever go back to a watch that I have to change the battery or constantly change the day of the month. I would give this watch 10 stars if that was available. This watch is so accurate that I set everything else to it. Hopefully this review helps. This watch does not disappoint! I would not have reservations about buying it again, but this time I would buy it from Amazon.