Profile for KelseyH > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

KelseyH "KelseyH" RSS Feed (Las Vegas, NV USA)

The Night Circus
The Night Circus
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better..., September 29, 2011
This review is from: The Night Circus (Kindle Edition)
I first read about The Night Circus in USA Today as being the next big thing. They went on to compare it to Harry Potter and the Twilight series'. I have read both series several times, and expecting that level of quality and intrigue, I was sadly let down. I will give Morgenstern all the credit in the world for having a fantastic imagination with respect to her 'creation' of the circus, but unfortunately too many characters and not enough excitement, especially in the first half of the book, let the overall story down. I did like the fact that she chose to use a less than usual perspective in the telling of the story, and the love story between Marco and Celia is well developed. Overall I am very happy I chose to read this book, but to elevate it anything above average would be an inaccurate assessment in this readers opinion.

My First LeapPad Learning System - Blue
My First LeapPad Learning System - Blue
28 used & new from $17.08

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun, my kids love it!, June 11, 2003
This is one of the best toys I have ever purchased for my kids. I have 6 and 3 year old girls and the fight that ensued over it every day caused me to purchase a second one. The games/books are a little pricy ..., but if you can afford it, it is well worth the return in education for you child!

Atonement: A Novel
Atonement: A Novel
by Ian McEwan
Price: $9.09
1128 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars The most boring book ever, May 12, 2003
This review is from: Atonement: A Novel (Paperback)
I have tried on at least 4 occasions to read this book, and am still unable to fight through the first 100 pages. Lack of any interisting story, and a less than engaging lead character make this book next to impossible to enjoy. The highlight of the first 100 pages is the young female lead character getting in and out of a fountain. What can I say, but don't waste your money, BORING BORING BORING!

Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo: Combat Evolved
Offered by gamedynasty
Price: $34.99
484 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars You must own this game...., April 10, 2002
This review is from: Halo: Combat Evolved (Video Game)
as long as you don't mind giving up your wife/grlfriend, family, job and any social life. The game is that addictive. I it very easy to save and restart where you left off, but you won't want to, you must keep playing. With three levels of difficulty this game never gets old.

Xbox DVD Movie Playback Kit
Xbox DVD Movie Playback Kit
Offered by WHOLESALE OUTLET
Price: $11.99
31 used & new from $1.95

1.0 out of 5 stars What a joke, why not just include it?, March 29, 2002
The "DVD Movie Playback Kit" is nothing more than a remote and a remote sensor to plug into your X-Box. This is the only piece of electronic equipment I have bought since 8-track that didn't come with its own remote. The remote works well, but far lacks the sophistication of most remotes. But what are you going to do, you want to watch DVD's you have to buy it, and it works well enough to get the job done.