Profile for B. Garrett > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Garrett "A Reader" RSS Feed (Boston)

Killer Cocktails (Hands-Free Step-By-Step Guides)
Killer Cocktails (Hands-Free Step-By-Step Guides)
by David Wondrich
Edition: Spiral-bound
32 used & new from $11.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Guide for Beginner as well as Experienced Mixers, June 16, 2005
I found Killer Cocktails to be exceedingly helpful in developing my basic background of mixing drinks. Wondrich's ideas are presented in a witty, relaxed, and outside the box manner. He provides necessary information on not only the right way to mix great cocktails, but also the simple steps in setting up a home bar. Moreover, Killer Cocktails is set up as an easel format, so that it stands on its own while you are busy creating new and flavorful drinks. I actually found this to be an incredibly novel and useful way to thumb through the distinct recipes and tips.

I gave this to my father as an early Father's Day gift, and even he, who I thought to be more of a cocktail connoisseur, found the book to be extremely knowledgeable and fun. For every recipe that is given, there are also entertaining stories and trivia that are great to throw out at cocktail parties.

After following Wondrich's tips and guide, I'm definitely much more comfortable and excited to tend to the bar at my own parties. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to enhance his or her knowledge of creating and mixing cocktails, but doesn't want to spend the money or the time on a bartending class.