Profile for J. J. Kim > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. J. Kim RSS Feed

Milk-Bone Brushing Chews Daily Dental Small/Medium Dog Treats Value Pack, 14.14 Ounce
Price: $9.88
12 used & new from $6.20

1.0 out of 5 stars Indigestible product caused a lot of vomiting, July 15, 2014
My dog also threw these up. She has thrown up the heads of the bones (the round part). When she gets to the end of the treat, she swallows the last nub whole as it is impossible to chew or bite into. Not only does it seem like a choking hazard, it's disturbing to find the last bit of "treat" in her vomit completely undigested, solid as a rock. I think digestive systems of larger dogs might be able to handle or pass this through, but I have a medium-sized docker (dachshund x cocker spaniel) where there would be no way she could poo out that chunk...therefore, her body makes her throw it up.

The flavor must be good, as she is excited when I pulled these out. I have tried cutting off the round ends of the treats to see if that would work any better, but I broke a sweat and it took far too long to saw through these things even with my toughest knives.

I would not recommend these if you have a smaller or medium-sized dog or a dog with a sensitive belly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 9:19 AM PDT

Clear Your Skin Now
Clear Your Skin Now
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very unique approach to clearing acne that actually works, October 29, 2013
I am very happy I found this book. I always wondered why my boyfriend who never washes his face in the morning always had clear skin, while mine was breaking out even when I was using cleansers with benzoyl peroxide in them. I think more people should know about how water can actually make your skin worse.

I was a little skeptical about trying the recommendations in this book, but now that I am noticing a big change in my skin, I am very glad I tried them. I love how the author talks you through the entire regimen and explains everything so you don't freak out about stuff like putting Vaseline on your face. This book changed how I wash my face and what I put on my face before showering, etc, and now I am not getting the annoying cluster of zits that I used to get all over my forehead and chin. This is not about dumping products on your face to dry out your pimples...this is for true skincare and creating a healthy skin environment where zits won't form anymore. Very happy to have found this on Amazon!

Contigo Autoseal West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Open-Access Lid (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Did not fit in car's cupholder, October 2, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my boyfriend, but the diameter of its base was too large for him to place the mug in the cupholder while driving. He drives a newer model BMW.

I ended up giving the mug to my brother, who reported that it "barely fits" in his newer model Mazda.

I finally got my boyfriend the smaller (16-oz) mug, which fits in the cupholder fine. Everybody is happy.

Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle
Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat: How to Break Your Eat-Repent-Repeat Cycle
by Michelle May MD
83 used & new from $4.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Skeptic Turned Believer, March 1, 2010
I was a skeptic because I knew that I was an emotional, distracted overeater and that the only way I could help myself was to become more mindful and change my habits, just as I suspected Dr. May's book advises. However, reversing years of bad eating habits seemed really impossible to me, and I didn't think I could do it just by reading a book.

But Dr. May's book is excellent. She hits the nail on the head for very specific bad eating habits and provides a step-by-step method to address that habit. She really will reshape the way you think about food and exercise, and you may experience less anxiety about food and dining just as I have.

I used to always get nervous when my friends wanted to meet for dinner because I felt like "great, I'm going to ruin my diet" but nope, each meal ends up being a new chance to make a positive change. You end up feeling good with each meal you apply Dr. May's principles to. And I have been eating more variety, just less food, and feeling completely satisfied and enriched.

Excellent book. I think she should write a small handbook, like an Instinctive Eater's Bible so I can throw it in my purse for days I feel a little off track and need that extra motivation.