Profile for W. Dart > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. Dart RSS Feed (Eugene, OR)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
C&E 1-Feet Outlet Saver Power Extension Cord NEMA 5-15R TO NEMA 5-15P, 5-Pack
C&E 1-Feet Outlet Saver Power Extension Cord NEMA 5-15R TO NEMA 5-15P, 5-Pack
Offered by eDragon, Inc.
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WallWart extenders, April 1, 2014
Saved me from buying more outlet strips. Now all the wallwarts can be connected to one strip and also saves room.

Astoria: John Jacob Astor and Thomas Jefferson's Lost Pacific Empire: A Story of Wealth, Ambition, and Survival
by Peter Stark
Price: $17.70
63 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Astoria, April 1, 2014
I did not just read this book. I devoured it. As review author Lawrence Gonzales states on the rear of the dust cover, "..gave me the sense all readers long for: that nothing exists but the riveting narrative unfolding in your head." This was exactly the way I felt reading this excellent book. I have explored the Columbia and Snake rivers including, the Columbia bar, Astoria, their confluence, Hanford Reach, Hells Canyon and east to South Pass (in astronomically greater comfort) and was exhilarated to realize I had trodden the very path of these explorers. I had never heard of this dual expedition before and I could not put it down. Peter Stark weaves a tale that is smooth yet detailed and covers relevant explanatory side paths . The fore and aft character descriptions flesh out the story wonderfully. Other reviewers have covered the book in detail so no need here, just read it. I don't know what I can read next that will surpass this book, whatever it is, it will anti-climatic..
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 28, 2014 3:09 PM PDT

Shop Fox W1713 16-Inch Variable Speed Scroll Saw
Shop Fox W1713 16-Inch Variable Speed Scroll Saw
Price: $170.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Shop Fox is Jim Dandy, March 22, 2014
Hard to believe this is sold for the price it does. I compared user reviews and the only scroll saw that beat this unit was the $530 DeWalt. Hard to justify the difference. I feared the table would be stamped metal but is cast and heavy. In fact the entire unit is heavy. Worked splendidly right out of the box. The bolt for the guard came loose during shipment but was easily found and reassembled. Very quiet with no noise or rattling during operation at all speeds. Very heavy base does not move even unfastened. Made in China but well executed.

Only two Cons: The table tilt zero indicator is somewhat rinky-dink but I use a bevel guage anyway.
On all my power tools I always remove the gaudy "liability" stickers. The sticker on the top of the lower arm took a postage stamp size piece of paint with it. My fault, but it does make me wonder how well the paint is sticking to the body if a sticker can pull it off but this does not affect the review rating.

Save a few bucks and get a Shop Fox.

Heath Zenith 86-C Traditional Décor Wired Chime, Solid Oak
Heath Zenith 86-C Traditional Décor Wired Chime, Solid Oak
Price: $36.86
8 used & new from $10.24

5.0 out of 5 stars H-Z wired chime, February 28, 2014
Mucho-Gusto about this unit. We had a wireless doorbell that kept receiving cell phone interference and would "ding-dong" whenever someone passed by using one, even in their car. I wanted an interference free, hard-wired, mechanical chime to overcome this problem. The original wiring and transformer already existed but the wiring was hidden behind a plaster patch (which was hard to find). Why the previous owner deleted this and went with wireless is a mystery. The wireless button covered the original location for the pushbutton so I also had to purchase one of these from my local home center. It is illuminated which the wireless unit lacked.

This unit came through wonderfully. The thick solid oak cover is well made and, with its simplicity, fits any decor. The top is open to let the sound escape. It can easily be heard throughout the house. All the fancy electronic units sound too wheezy and the final tone is usually cut-off making it sound even more artificial. The home centers only sell the electronic units because they offer five or more chime choices (all bad). I'll take the pure sound of the mechanical units. The tone bars on this unit have the right tonal decay and it sounds great.

4LB Fix it All Compound
4LB Fix it All Compound
Offered by Bargain The People
Price: $4.88
4 used & new from $4.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Fix-It-All, February 12, 2014
This review is from: 4LB Fix it All Compound
Finally used up my supply of FixAll. When I went to all my local home center stores, none carried it. Thank goodness an Amazon seller still had it. Now it is called Fix-It-All, but no matter, Nothing else comes close to this product. Everyone else tried to sell me some kind of spackling. No thanks. Nothing else is as durable or can be worked like Fix-It-All.

J-Tech Digital (TM) 2 Ports HDMI 1x2 Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P with Deep Color & HD Audio and Max Bandwidth of 10.2Gbps
Price: $30.26
3 used & new from $29.00

3.0 out of 5 stars 1x2 splitter, February 7, 2014
This unit has always had a problem with the picture and audio dropping out for a few seconds two or three times during a DVD on both HDTVs attached. The BR DVD player keeps playing so you lose a few seconds of the DVD at each dropout. I removed the J-Tech unit and fed the signal to each HDTV. The DVD player has no problems, so what to do? Well, read all the other reviews and see if anyone else has this problem.

Another reviewer had the same problem I did:

"...always had glitches - picture would go blank for 3-4 seconds at a time."

J-Tech Digital responded to the reviewer with this message:

"J-Tech Digital INC says:
We provide one year warranty. Please contact us for the free replacement information. Sorry for the inconvenience."

So I sent an E-mail to J-Tech Digital iterating all of the above. This was several weeks ago.

No answer from J-Tech Digital. Perhaps they are swamped with complaints.

Do not purchase this inferior product whose customer support is sporatic!

Update: J-Tech finally contacted me and, after returning old unit, received new unt. Haven't had a chance to check out new unit but increased review by one star due to customer service.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2014 3:55 PM PST

The Ninth Gate
The Ninth Gate
Price: $22.69
31 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Ninth Gate sound track, February 7, 2014
This review is from: The Ninth Gate (Audio CD)
The better half likes Johnny Depp and we enjoy the film so we decided to also get the sound track..

Switchgard White
Switchgard White

5.0 out of 5 stars Exelllent idea, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Switchgard White
Was always hitting the wrong switch. This cured it. Good construction and easily mounted. Cover snaps on tightly.with no interference to switch.

VideoSecu LCD Monitor TV Wall Mount Articulating Arm Bracket for most 12"-24", some up to 27" with VESA 100/75mm LED Flat Panel Screen TV ML10B 1E9
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $14.99
14 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mount, December 27, 2013
Well made. Heavy construction. Excellent fit and finish. Smooth operation. Fit TV perfectly. Easy to mount. Folds flat with good extension. No cons.

NT-1506 16" 720p LED-LCD TV - 16:9 - HDTV
NT-1506 16" 720p LED-LCD TV - 16:9 - HDTV
Offered by EA Electronics
Price: $109.99
11 used & new from $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like this TV, December 27, 2013
Wish my big screen has the features this one does. Easy setup. Intuitive menus. Great picture. Excellent off-the-air tuner. Even use it as a security camera monitor. Sound quality leaves a lot to be desired, but all these wafer thin LCD TVs suffer from this. I use an external powered speaker and the audio quality is excellent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3