Profile for Wink Grise > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wink Grise RSS Feed (Australia - half Yank)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Beg: The Submission Series #1 (Songs of Submission)
Beg: The Submission Series #1 (Songs of Submission)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great film noir-ish narration with sparkling, November 9, 2014
I just read Beg, and I am stunned.

The sexy bits are lovely, but I am talking about everything else. Characters real and deep and yet achieved with so few words. A great film noir-ish narration with sparkling, tight gems dropped in here and there. And so smooth to read, nothing even slightly jarring or clunky, everything to pull you in and keep you. I couldn't stop reading because Monica is charming and real. WOW.

I thought I was getting a minor little short story, but instead, I got a punch to the gut (the good kind, if that's possible). Oh, I also got an amazing author! I have read the whole series now. If you like reading excellent writing, and enjoy a rollercoaster emotional story, you will love this series

Time's Edge (The Chronos Files Book 2)
Time's Edge (The Chronos Files Book 2)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mystery and action, November 9, 2014
Another exciting installment. Characters get deeper, more rich, Kate is so three dimensional and now sees the grayness of life. Great mystery and action, loved it all, am waiting (got that Ms Walker? please hurry!) for the next one.

Whiskey Rebellion: An Addison Holmes Mystery (Addison Holmes Mysteries Book 1)
Whiskey Rebellion: An Addison Holmes Mystery (Addison Holmes Mysteries Book 1)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read, September 18, 2014
crisp, easy to read, and hysterical. VERY smooth and fun, very professional. I instantly bought #2, and am on my way to 3...and her other books!

All Through the Night
All Through the Night
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, June 26, 2014
I enjoyed the book for the characters and I wanted to know what happened. I liked the romance/naughty bits, handled nicely - probably intense for some, I thought just right this book.

I did keep feeling it was the 1880s and not 1815, but that's just me.

If you like this genre, and like a little bit of spice in there (OK, naughty bits), read away!

The Tale of The Vampire Bride
The Tale of The Vampire Bride

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic and Yet New, June 26, 2014
This was my first RF novel. Ms Frater captures the feel of classic, gothic world, and I was rooting for the main character. It had all the best bits of a good vampire story (I won't spell them out, if you like vamps, you know)

Pretty When She Dies:  A Vampire Novel (Pretty When She... Book 1)
Pretty When She Dies: A Vampire Novel (Pretty When She... Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great vampire stuff, June 26, 2014
I really liek this author, she has range and writes well. There are a LOT of vampire books and stories, but I enjoyed this one.

Silent Running: My Years on a World War II Attack Submarine
Silent Running: My Years on a World War II Attack Submarine

5.0 out of 5 stars History Alive, June 26, 2014
I'm a BIG fan of WWII submarine history, so to read another memoir, it has to be well written and convey a lot of the feel of the time, as well as general information. This does. I felt I had met the author during his adventure. I've read it twice.

Destiny in the Pacific
Destiny in the Pacific
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars C-, June 26, 2014
Interesting, but it is more TV movie than novel of WWII. The thing about people "back then" (fill in the time), is that they didn't just dress different, they THOUGHT different, with different social conventions and attitudes. The Present (technology, mores, etc.) can't be "Flintstoned" into the past. The author should have researched technical things to find his story, rather than slapped WWII on his modern adventure.

Others may enjoy as a fun read, but I was jarred and shocked out of the story.

The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Civil War (Politically Incorrect Guides) (The Politically Incorrect Guides)

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Opener, June 26, 2014
History is certainly written by the Victor! Us Yankees think we know The Truth. We don't! Read this book - Fascinating.

The author sometimes comes at things from a severe bias, or adds some generous sugarcoating on things that can't be sugarcoated, but overall, that doesn't affect the major facts.

Highly recommend this.

The Last Bastion of the Living: A Futuristic Zombie Novel
The Last Bastion of the Living: A Futuristic Zombie Novel
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, June 26, 2014
I enjoy this author. She sets mood and moves you along. I like her take on zombies. I was cught up in the characters, and found the universe interesting. Worth it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3