Profile for Bill Garrison > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1029

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bill Garrison RSS Feed (Oklahoma City, OK USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sharp HE HT-SB30D 2.0 Channel Bluetooth Sound Bar
Sharp HE HT-SB30D 2.0 Channel Bluetooth Sound Bar
Price: Click here to see our price
4 used & new from $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice enjoyable sound for a back-up television., August 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was fortunate to receive this Sharp HT-SB30D 2.0 Channel Bluetooth Sound Bar through the Amazon Vine program. The only connecting options are digital audio, so you will need to ensure your television has that option. Set up after that was easy within minutes the sound on my television was improved. But not by a lot. I don't think you should be firing this baby up in your theater room. But for the kids, or for your bedroom, it provides a quality sound that makes your television and movie watching enjoyable. Basically, you get what you pay for, and this sound bar isn't top of the line, but it still is very high quality.

I Can See in the Dark
I Can See in the Dark
by Karin Fossum
Price: $18.30
54 used & new from $10.50

3.0 out of 5 stars A compelling thriller from a great writer., August 20, 2014
This review is from: I Can See in the Dark (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Over the last few years, I've been thrilled to discover and read all of Karin Fossum's Sejer crime series novels. I CAN SEE IN THE DARK is a stand alone novel and it is good but not great, as Fossum tells the story of Riktor, a loner that works in the caring profession, a nurse at a nursing home.

Fossum's Sejer series is unique in that most of those novels focus a lot on the criminals. They are often mentally ill, and we live in there lives and learn about them, and only later in the novel does Sejer come along and do his work. In this book, we spend the entire time in the demented mind of Riktor, who doesn't quite see the world the way most people do.

The book jacket explains the plot easily enough, Riktor is accused of a crime he didn't commit, but he committed another crime, and the guilt messes with his mind.

I recommend this novel because Fossum is a great story teller, and the novel succeeds at what it set out to be. A psychological crime novel.

Case Logic CLS5-104 Samsung Galaxy S5 Phone Cover - Blue/Grey
Case Logic CLS5-104 Samsung Galaxy S5 Phone Cover - Blue/Grey
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $7.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Plain case, not much protection, not very nice looking, August 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This case looks decent, but the blue cloth material started becoming frayed after a few weeks of use. Also, the case felt slippery in my hand. Thankfully I never dropped my phone to see if it would protect it, but it doesn't seem to offer much projection. It is just a single layered, hard shell case.

Sylvania 78691 9-watt LED BR30 Reflector lamp Replacing 65-watt Incandescent
Sylvania 78691 9-watt LED BR30 Reflector lamp Replacing 65-watt Incandescent
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The lamp fits easily into my ceiling recessed lighting, August 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm looking at the soft yet bright soothing glow of this bulb right now as I write this review. The lamp fits easily into my ceiling recessed lighting, and I expect the light will last for years. The light is bright yet easy on the eyes.

Swingline ProStyle+ Super Cross-cut Junk Mail Shredder, 14 Sheets, 1 User (1757391)

5.0 out of 5 stars Shreds great!, August 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Swingline ProStyle Cross Cut shredder has made quick work of my junk mail and old bills I don't feel like filing. Cross cutting the paper means extra large capacity so I don't have to empty the storage container consantly. It easily shreds credit cards too. I highly recommend this shredder to dispose of your unwanted papers.

Sniper's Honor: A Bob Lee Swagger Novel (Bob Lee Swagger Novels Book 9)
Sniper's Honor: A Bob Lee Swagger Novel (Bob Lee Swagger Novels Book 9)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating historical novel, but Swagger isn't needed., July 2, 2014
Bob Lee Swagger is in his late 60s and his body has seen a lot, but that doesn't mean he isn't up for an adventure when something comes along. In Sniper's Honor, Bob journeys to the Ukraine, where 70 years ago a Russian sniper known as the White Witch, Mili Petrova, did something to cause her to vanish from history, both on the Russian and German side.

The novel alternates story lines with each chapter, with one telling of Bob's journey of discovery and the other telling about Milli getting her mission to assassinate a Nazi leader.

I always enjoy Swagger novels, but unfortunately, Swagger doesn't do much in this one except investigate, sometimes pulling facts out of thin air. The real story is MIlli, and how she got into a mess in the Ukraine, and whether or not she managed to escape it.

The historical detail is top notch, and Hunter moves the plot quickly, except for a few moments where he spends several pages on a dinner between an elite Nazi mountain squad and a division of paratroopers.

Meguiar's G16402 Whole Car Air Refresher Odor Eliminator - 2.5 oz.
Meguiar's G16402 Whole Car Air Refresher Odor Eliminator - 2.5 oz.
Price: $9.33
7 used & new from $7.39

1.0 out of 5 stars This smells horrible., June 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I didn't leave this product running in my car for 15 minutes with the car running and thank goodness I didn't. This thing stinks. It may eliminate odors but it will create an entire new one by itself. This is not a refreshing smell. I do not recommend this product. I'd hoped it would provide a new car smell, but provided an entire new smell that took a week or so to fade away.

smartwater (6 Count, 16.9 Fl Oz Each)
smartwater (6 Count, 16.9 Fl Oz Each)
Price: $5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes like water., June 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've drank bottled water for year and it all tastes the same to me. Smartwater may offer a few more benfits that regular water but its just water, so save your money and by the cheaper bottles or drink out of the tap. But why five starts, well because it tastes good and is cool and refreshing.

Q-See QT5682-4E3-1 8 Channel Full 960H System with 4 High-Resolution 960H/700TVL Cameras and 1TB Hard Drive (Gray)
Price: $349.99
6 used & new from $322.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, very functional security system, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After some recent thefts out of cars in my nice neighborhood, I jumped at the chance to get this product through the Amazon vine program. It looked great out of the box. A DVR, HDMI, a mouse, and large colorful instructions.

Before using all the cameras, I started with one just to test in my garage before working on full installation. Setting up was a breeze, considering the capabilities of the system. The DVR and on screen set-up walked me right through the process.
In about 45 minutes I had it up and running. Playback was a breeze and the picture quality was satisfactory.

I’ll update my review when I get the full system up and running. From reading other reviews, I believe I’ll be able to access they system remotely, which is awesome. So, far I’m very satisfied. I’m not technical enough to speak on all the specs, but for a newbie like me I was able to get it up and running.

POWERADE Mountain Berry Blast, 8 ct, 20 FL OZ Bottle
POWERADE Mountain Berry Blast, 8 ct, 20 FL OZ Bottle
Price: $4.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Sports Drink, June 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My active kids went through the Mountain Berry Blast Powerade in no time it all. It tastes great and provides the fluids they need during their summer fun.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20