Profile for D.K. Lee > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D.K. Lee RSS Feed

Hanes Men's Classics Lightweight 3-Pack Slim-Fit Crew Neck T-Shirt, White, Medium
Price: $13.36
7 used & new from $13.36

4.0 out of 5 stars 6'1" 175 lbs, fits very, very tight, January 30, 2014
I bought this shirt to wear not only as an undershirt but for just a 'regular' shirt. When I wore it, it was very tight. The sleeves barely wrapped around my arms but at least made my chest pop out a little more. Got many looks from cute girls. Got many jealous looks from guys. If you wear this with a classic pair of blue jeans after doing your hair a little bit, you would like the stereotypical greaser. Overall, this is not a great nor a bad shirt. If you wear medium (like I do), get a large. I ordered a medium and sometimes the bottom of the shirt rises above my pants, exposing my underwear. Large for this shirt should be good if you wear medium.

Adidas Men's Tiro 13 Training Pants
Adidas Men's Tiro 13 Training Pants
Price: $31.66 - $50.00

4.0 out of 5 stars 6'1, 175 lbs. These pants are large., January 13, 2014
I ordered an XXL. The length is acceptable, but the width looks like I can fit two of myself in there. It's big, so you need to use the strings to tie it up tightly. Otherwise, it's pretty good. It's comfortable. If I could, I would have ordered an XL. I use these for soccer, running, and weightlifting. Sometimes I use them to walk to the store or for just lounging.

Learn Java for Android Development
Learn Java for Android Development
by Jeff Friesen
Price: $35.22
55 used & new from $22.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book to get into Android development, March 26, 2013
First of all, I have some experience in Java from taking a course in programming at my college.
This book definitely refreshes every bit of Java for me while introducing me to Android APIs. It is also a good book to review Java if you have some experience in Java or other programming language. I see this as "Intro to Java" and "pre-Android programming" fused together. Learning the fundamentals of programming under Android environment will train you to become accustomed to any other APIs faster than those without any experience with APIs.

After reading this book, you will be able to open up any books on Android and start developing with a strong background thanks to this book. I highly recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 9:55 AM PDT

Corsair CA-HS1NA Gaming Audio Series HS1 USB Gaming Headset
Corsair CA-HS1NA Gaming Audio Series HS1 USB Gaming Headset

4.0 out of 5 stars More than what I needed., October 17, 2011
I'm impressed by these headphones. As a gamer, I look for a large soundstage while isolating outside noise--these deliver more than what I'd expected. Let me tell you how.

Firstly, I play games around 20-40 hours a week. I play a large variety of games such as, Counterstrike, TF2, Black Ops, BF3 Beta, Portal 2, Fallout New Vegas, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, LoL, Starcraft 2, Bioshock, Crysis, the list is endless. In CounterStrike Source, the experience with these phones will be best met when the 7.1 surround sound is turned on. You can get kicked for walling, though, so use it with caution. As for other games, such as Bioshock, Black Ops, or Crysis, you feel completely immersed into the atmospheres. You will hear distant noises as you progress through the game. In Oblivion, the sounds the headphones produce will pull you into the game world completely. With the surround system off, you can listen to music with quality matching Audio-Technica's A-700.

The USB headphones also installs its own mixing software, in which you can customize EQs, mimic environments (like in a live concert, a stone hallway, etc.), raise or decrease the pitch, etc. You can also change your voice. Very interesting stuff.

The only bad thing I can think of is that my ears start to sting after about 1 or 2 hours of use as the phones put pressure onto the tips of my ears. I don't particularly mind, though. It's not too bad but something you should consider.

And those who said there's no bass in this--there is a LOT of bass depending on how you set your EQ. If you have these or planning to get these, here's a pic of how I set my EQ to my favor: (make sure to get rid of space in the URL).
[...]

XFX ATI Radeon HD6870 1 GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x Mini DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card HD687AZNFC

4.0 out of 5 stars 100 fps, July 7, 2011
Before I begin my review, let me show you my computer's current specs:

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro Revision 3.0
CPU: Intel i5-2500k @ 3.3 gHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb RAM ddr3
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series 650w
GPU: xfx HD 6870
HDD: 1TB

I'm a pretty hardcore gamer; I play mostly modern games--Black Ops, Bioshock, Medal of Honor, Metro 2033, NFS: Hot Pursuit, etc. They all play very smoothly (45~200 fps) at ultra settings with max AA, except for Metro 2033, where it averages around 25~30. However, once you crossfire this baby then you'll get 40~50 fps, 60+ if you OC the GPU and CPU.

The installation was easy-peasy. Get the latest driver and you're set; the Catalyst Control Center has an eye-pleasing UI. In it you can mess with the settings such as the fan speed, clock speed, and memory. The stock fan speed is soundless; however, when I'm playing a game, I usually raise it which would increase the sound. Raising it all the way sounds like a jet. And to give you an example of how loud this is, let's say I play Black Ops at maximum settings. With the stock fan speed, the temperature of the GPU would rise to mid-70's, sometimes higher. This can damage your computer. I raise the fan speed a little and it brings the temp down to low-60's. The sound that the faster fan makes is pretty quiet, though it sounds like you're burning a movie onto a DVD or something. If you have good pair of earphones, you won't hear anything.

One problem I had with this graphic card is that while it runs very smoothly after I boot my pc, I noticed that the performance wears out by a lot (from 150 fps to 50 fps) after several hours of idle mode. To solve this, I have to reboot my pc. I don't know what the problem is, but be cautious. I'd rather get Sapphire than XFX since it comes with more items. But besides the performance wearing, this graphic card is not you'd want to miss.

Also if you're looking to play the most recent games on max settings, full AA, all in Directx11, you should invest in another HD 6870 (even that might not suffice--perhaps a dual 6970 will give you smooth FPS at 60~)

Shure SE215-CL Sound Isolating Earphones
Shure SE215-CL Sound Isolating Earphones
Price: $99.00
80 used & new from $78.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Broke after only one hour of usage. -READ THE EDIT-, May 17, 2011
...but it's fixed itself suddenly. I was walking with these buds on when the right one had a weaker sound. I remembered reading a review that these suckers broke on the first try, and the curse seems to have victimized me for the time being. Right now, it works perfectly like new, but if it does suddenly break like it did before, I am going to return these garbage. /rant

But besides that, these are fine, very fine, earphones. Luxury and quality earphones at your disposal for $100. You will probably be one of the world's 0.1% total population to be able to experience Shure's SE215-CL and be half blown away and half "pleasurized" by it. I have owned a set of Bose In-Ear headphones and these win as twice as much better. However, the way these earphones are supposed to be worn isn't very "conventional" but you'll get used to wearing them after a minute or two of "practicing." (I couldn't figure out which one goes to my left or right ear. How silly was I. The bud that points towards the left indicates it's meant for your left ear and vice versa.)

Btw, I also owned ATH-A700 and I actually prefer these to AT.

Enjoy your music with these devils (paradoxically).

Oh, and I will come back and give these five stars if these devils don't suddenly break after a week's use.

edit: Ok, I just found the reason. It did not BREAK. It just happened so that I put the bud in one of my ears so tightly that it blocks out sounds, as confusing as it sounds, but I now know the problem. Also I just remembered that my right ear canal is a tiny bit smaller than that of my left, so that explains the supposed mythical flaw. GET THESE! It took for me about 3 days of burn in and they are fantastic.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2011 11:14 PM PDT

Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones (Black)
Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones (Black)
Price: $22.19
68 used & new from $15.28

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and Bad, May 12, 2011
Sennheiser is a great company that manufactures headphones that even Santa Claus sometimes drops these off into chimneys during Christmas Eve. Note the word, "sometimes." While these headphones produce a favorable quality of music, the comfort level is low. After about 45~ minutes of usage, my ears began to hurt and I had to take it off to cool off my ears for a bit. Let me review the pros and cons of this set:

PROs:
-Cheap. You won't be able to find most headphones that can produce quality music at this price range ($30~).
-Durable; when you hold it in your hands, it feels it can last quite a while. The build is strong, unlike Bose.
-Quality; if you've been listening to your sub-$10 earphones or your Apple iPod earbuds, then this set of headphones will seem almost too good to be true.
-Cord length. The cord length stretches around six+ feet.
-Portable; you can hang it around your neck, stuff it (carefully) into your backpack/purse (i've never had purses, mind you), etc. Just have common sense not to place it in unfavorable places.
-Hear outside noises; you can partially hear outside noises. This characteristic can be useful to you if you set a timer on stove and need to hear the alarm, if you have sleeping babies in the other room, or in case you hear thieves break into your house.

CONs:
-Quality; if you've owned above average headphones such as Bose or the more advanced Sennheiser, then this pair will sound absolute trash to you. You will immediately notice that these lack clear sounds and tend to "mix up" the sounds.
-Comfort; as I mentioned, the comfort level can become frustrating after half an hour of continuous use. If you have medium-large ears, then look for something else. If you have small ears, get these at your will.
-Barely any noise-isolation; if you wish to focus on the music, movie, or games without noises to interfere your experience, these will disappoint.

Here are some alternatives (better alternatives, I say):

*Panasonic RP-HTX7
*JVC HA-S700

If you can dish in some extra cash...

*Audio-Technica ATH-M30
*Beyerdynamic DT235
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2014 4:18 PM PDT

Audio Technica ATH-A700X Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-A700X Headphones
Offered by Beach Camera
Price: $129.95
38 used & new from $88.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A "macro"-leap from sub-$50 headphones, and a great one that is., May 11, 2011
Before I start, let me give you a brief background of myself. I listen to a wide variety of music--electronic music (Deadmau5, Daft Punk), pop (michael jackson, Rihanna), rock (Led Zeppelin, Nirvana), metal (Slayer, Korn), jazz, classical, etc. Briefly said, I'm an open music listener. I am a beginner audiophile who is very critical of most headphones that are on the market today. I've owned 5 headphones and 3 earphones, including Bose, Sennheiser, Sony, Panasonic. I've always thought my Bose headphones, which cost around $99 for sale (what a sale, huh?), were outstanding in terms of bass and sound quality, though no so much comfort. After 6 months, I decided to go to Amazon and found this set of headphones.

Wow.

Wow #1: These are extremely big.
Wow #2: These are extremely comfortable.
Wow #3: These can automatically adjust to your head. Perfectly.
Wow #4: This is a steal. At $120, you're talking a comparison between this and $500+ headphones.
Wow #5: These can produce extremely high quality music. I've compared a wide variety of songs with this and some Sennhesier headphones. The difference is embarrassingly (for Sennheiser) huge, meaning the A400 can produce very clear music and create a good soundstage.

I am sure there are more "Wow's", but I'm too busy listening to Hans Zimmer like I've never done before. Just noticed that I have a lecture on multiple integrals, but screw it! I'm spending the rest of my day listening to music with this.

edit: I just found out that the sound can leak quite a lot if you're listening to stuff like electronic and metal. If you're concerned about such issue, then I suggest you look into in-ear phones, as around-ear's don't do the best job in this field.

I Live in the Future & Here's How It Works: Why Your World, Work, and Brain Are Being Creatively Disrupted
by Nick Bilton
157 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A look into the future of storytelling, March 27, 2011
This book is for those who want to understand how the next couple decades will be like regarding technology and storytelling, while reviewing the causes and effects in history and applying such cases to the present and the future. It's not exactly a "futurology" book, but rather a well-polished product that discusses how we are adapting to the changing/innovative technology and where it's all heading towards. For example, Nick Bilton offers a glimpse into the near past where media dominated the entertainment industry with newspapers, magazines, radio, tv, and movie theaters, where consumers paid for the content. Then he brings us back to the present where the entertainment industry is drastically gravitating towards digital media, in which consumers pay for the experience, not just the content. Reading into this was an eye-opener for me.

For me, personally, I have already thought a lot about the ideas presented in this book beforehand, so it wasn't all new to me; it was still a great read, however. I highly recommend it.