Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Rick Mallory Jr. > Reviews

Browse

Rick Mallory Jr.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rick Mallory Jr. RSS Feed (Colonial Heights, Virginia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
American Dj Black 48 Blb 4Ft Blacklight Tube And Fixture
American Dj Black 48 Blb 4Ft Blacklight Tube And Fixture
Price: $34.99
9 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Been Over A Month: Works Like A Charm!, June 1, 2011
I've recently been in the process of remodeling my room, and I decided that I wanted stuff to start "glowing" in the dark. Needless to say, Amazon was the first place I turned to in my search for the right black light. Upon reading the reviews for this particular size/model, I was a bit skeptical, especially when it came to those saying that the product was damaged during shipping. Fortunately, though, after I chose to order this, mine came in undamaged. I will mention, however, that one of the reviewers said a small "rattling" could be heard when you shake the light. Yes, this is true, but it's no big deal so there is no need to "freak out," or anything if you experience this. Anyway, it's been over a month now since I bought it, and it works perfectly; not to mention its soundless (as quiet as a mouse)! I truly recommend this, despite these other reviews. At this price, it is worth the gamble, and I'm glad I chose to purchase this! :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2012 1:47 PM PST

1000 Thread Count QUEEN Size 4pc Egyptian Bed Sheet Set, Deep Pocket, WHITE
1000 Thread Count QUEEN Size 4pc Egyptian Bed Sheet Set, Deep Pocket, WHITE
Offered by TheComfortZone
Price: $18.50
3 used & new from $18.50

5.0 out of 5 stars What the SHEET?!, June 1, 2011
Sorry about the review title, I simply couldn't resist the pun. Anyway, on with my product review! I have been going through a stage of remodeling my bedroom, and a part of this involved new sheets. I went around to several department stores (such as Sears, Dillards, JC Penny) and the highest thread count they offered was 600, and they were expensive (usually around $80.00). With this product (and ordering it through Amazon), you get free shipping, no tax, and a high quality product (at more than half the cost) with a thread count above 600. Now, I noticed some of the reviews said they received 1200 count...well I actually received 1500, but there are no complaints! These feel very smooth and soft, and I truly believe these sheets play a big role in how I can almost instantly fall asleep these days (as I couldn't do that before I started remodeling my room). Bottom line, I highly recommend these sheets. You won't regret it! :)

Spalding Portable Basketball System - 50" Acrylic Backboard
Spalding Portable Basketball System - 50" Acrylic Backboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased With This Excellent Product!, April 28, 2011
Alright. Long story short, I absolutely love this basketball hoop. The quality and craftsmanship is exactly what I was both looking for and expected when it comes to durability and appearance. I was hesitant at first upon reading the other reviews on this, however pretty much every hoop I looked through all had the same complaint: assembly. True, this would be quite the project for a single person to put up alone, but as long as you have at least two individuals who are somewhat handy, setup isn't that complicated (and can even be fun). I myself had two friends of mine (granted they are both majoring in engineering in college) come by to help me assemble it and within an hour and a half we had it up. I don't know about the individual who wrote that parts weren't there, because what came in the box was everything that was needed (we even ended up with a small quantity of spare parts)! I think what that reviewer meant is that you WILL need some tools for setup (not parts), like ladders, wrenches, extensions, and things of that nature, but like I said, aside from that, everything is all there. In case you're wondering, the manual tells you exactly what tools you will need. Anyway, don't be scared away by other reviews, this product is a TRULY excellent value for the money, and I am glad I purchased it. :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2014 8:36 PM PDT

Mortal Kombat - Playstation 3
Mortal Kombat - Playstation 3
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $20.78
141 used & new from $6.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Test Your Fun With Mortal Kombat!, April 19, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Alright, much like my other reviews, I'll list some pros and cons to what I have been able to observe so far within the game, as well as break down some main aspects (like graphics and sound) and rate them in a 1-5 scale system. So with that being said, let's begin!

The Pros:

-Character Selection. Now, as far as the PS3 version is concerned, users are offered the wonderful treat of being able to play as the God Of War himself, Kratos. This is very nice and all (and he does fit in well with the available cast), however the rest of the characters are somewhat of a breath of fresh air. With the exception of a couple of characters, it seems that the designers/creators of the game went back to the cast from MK3 (which many would consider to be the last of "the great" Mortal Kombat Games). Now, I do not speak for the majority at all, but IN MY OPINION, this is a very good thing, and offers a nice "nostalgic" feel to the game. True, perhaps some of the newer characters that were introduced in the newer games might be missing, but is that really a bad thing? Quite honestly, I am happy with what has been laid out upon this glorious table for us to enjoy, but that's just me. :)

-Game Modes. I have played through pretty much every mode available except for the online mode. However from what I have observed, this game is packed and filled to the brim with many different types of modes. Test Your Might returns, as well as Test Your Sight, Skill, Luck, and Strike. A New (for Mortal Kombat at least) Tag-Team system has been introduced, and as far as I'm concerned, this is also a very good and well-timed addition. Many other fighting games (such as Street Fighter) have similar tag systems, and it works well for them, but does it work well in MK? In a nutshell, yes, yes it does. Also, because of the introduction of Tag mode, now one can play with up to four friends/controllers AT HOME (a 4 player mode); pretty cool, eh? The story mode is also good, and while I've only played through three chapters so far, I can speak first-hand that the experience it offered entertained me greatly, and I look forward to finishing the story at my convenience.

-Controls. For the first time in many years, I can honestly say I LOVE the controls in this game. Whether your an old-school pro or someone who has never played the game at all, picking up a controller and "jumping right in" shouldn't be a problem at all. Of the modes available are a decent bunch of tutorial based modes; you can even endure a walk-through on how to initiate some of the fatalities. There really is no excuse this time around to not know how to perform a certain move, cause the developers did a wonderful job in explaining things this time around.

-The Violence. Now, let's face it, if you buy Mortal Kombat, you're not buying it to be censored or to have no blood. You're getting it for the thing that caused such controversy during the 90s that an entire rating system (ESRB) had to be formed to rate video games from here on out: the gore. Some of the past games had been lacking in this department, however finally, it seems that the creators have delved deep and returned to their true form. Long story short, the carnage is epic!

-Loading Times. In my WWE All Stars review, I mentioned one of the cons was the loading time and that the player would experience several loading sequneces before performing an actual match. Well the loading times in Mortal Kombat put WWE All Stars to shame. Not only are they not as frequent, but they are very quick. In fact, they are even improved from previous Mortal Kombat titles. Needless to say, I am very impressed.

The Cons:

-The Sound. Now for the most part, the sound is alright, however I have noticed that during some segments (especially in story mode), there might be a very slight delay in the ratio of video to audio (in other words sometimes sounds aren't in sync to the movements sometimes). It doesn't happen all the time, in fact very little, but I figured I would mention it (also because this is basically the only con I can think of...and there needs to be at least one con ;P).

Sound: 4/5
Controls: 5/5
Replayability: 5/5

I can also mention (if things like this matter to you), in my humble opinion, the voice acting (from what I've observed) has been improved slightly from past titles, but that's really not all that important. The thing that matters most in this case is whether or not the game itself is enjoyable, and the verdict in this case is...YES. With that being said, I would highly recommend picking this title up as soon as possible, and by all means, have FUN! :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2011 8:34 AM PDT

Dynasty Warriors 7 - Playstation 3
Dynasty Warriors 7 - Playstation 3
Offered by Chachi Toys
Price: $17.65
95 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Dynasty Warriors Game Since "Dynasty Warriors 3" (And It's 3D Capable), March 31, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Allow me to start off by saying that I have played just about every Dynasty Warriors title (with the exception of Dynasty Warriors 5) available and keeping that in mind, I always thought that the third installment put forth the best effort.

More recently, Dynasty Warriors 6 was released for the next generation consoles, and while it was great to finally be able to play as our favorite warriors in HD, it just seemed to me that things were "lacking." Now Dynasty Warriors 7 is released in all its glory for the world to see, and I must say...I am very pleased with what this game has to offer.

So with all of that in mind, let's narrow things down a bit shall we?

The Good:

-Graphics. This is definitely the most visually appealing entry in the Dynasty Warriors series of games (though should that really surprise anyone)? All of the costume designs and character models prove that some actual work and effort were put into this release, and this can only be a plus for any video game.
-Online Multiplayer. I have yet to test this feature out and once I am able to play the game a little bit more, I will edit my review and "fill in the gap" on this portion. However online multiplayer hasn't been available in past titles, so obviously something is better than nothing, right? Again, even if it ends up being horrible, at least we can finally be able to button-mash online with friends. Oh, and according to the case, the game is headset compatible. Yet again, I will update this portion soon.
-Story Mode. I'll be honest, at first, I hated the first few battles I tried out within the newly developed "Story Mode" because they were different and unlike any of the past titles. Yet as I kept on playing, I realized I enjoyed it better. While you are able to choose between various kingdoms (Wei, Wu, Shu, and Jin), you aren't able to choose a warrior to progress through the story. Instead, after you select your desired kingdom path, you're forcibly put into the shoes of an officer. Throughout various battles in the storyline, the character whom you play automatically changes (often after being introduced to/encountering new warriors that decide to join your kingdom). In addition to the actual gameplay of the Story Mode, the narrations before each battle are actually quite informative and in many cases (at least for me) you may feel like you're actually learning something. Imagine that?
-Roster. I haven't even begun to unlock even 25% of the characters made available in this game, but one thing I know for sure, there is a vast quantity of them. Many of the old favorites and staples of the series (such as Lu Bu, Cao Cao, Guan Yu, Liu Bei, and Sun Jian) are all here, as well as many other characters (both old and new). Each character offers a different set of attacks and special moves that the player can learn and control, and if you're one of those players that likes to unlock and play as everyone, you will definitely find hours upon hours of fun and entertainment here.
-3D. If you're into this sort of thing, and you have a 3D-ready television, then you are capable of playing this game in 3D. I actually didn't even know this would be a feature of the game until the moment I saw a notification on the case when the game arrived; it truly was an added bonus! Again, 3D isn't for everyone, but if it is your "cup of tea," then put on those glasses and step into the world of your favorite characters!

The Bad:

-Camera. Now I hope I don't get scolded for this one, but honestly, there are many times while I'm playing that the camera just doesn't seem to be showing me what I need to be seeing. In other words, many times, I'll just be swinging towards an enemy officer blindly, hoping that I'm actually hitting him because he is out of sight from the camera (in other words, he is on the other side of the camera if that makes sense). I don't know if this is just a small oversight that can be fixed through an update in the future or if they meant for this to happen, but I don't recall this being an issue in past games. It's not necessarily a big deal cause it doesn't really take away anything from the game, but just sometimes it looks stupid hitting something...yet seeing nothing.
-Sound. Now don't get me wrong, the voice acting in this is the best in a Dynasty Warriors game to-date (at least in my opinion), and they really stepped up in that aspect of the series. The problem I have is with other sounds. In particular the galloping of a horse as you ride it. Unlike past Dynasty Warriors games, the galloping just sounds...artificial rather than natural (if that makes sense). I don't know what they did, but it just doesn't appeal to me as much as in past games...yet maybe I'm just being picky? There are other quirky sound moments, however they can easily be overlooked due to all the non-stop action that is taking place.

There really isn't much wrong with this game (so far that I've discovered) that I can pick out. The developers really stepped up and did a remarkable job with this entry into the Dynasty Warriors series. Again, I'm going to edit my review somtime within the near future as I am able to play it a bit more, but thus far, here is my overall summary:

Sound: 3/5
Controls: 4/5
Replayability: 5/5

Conclusion: At the very least, rent the game, try it out, and see if the new style appeals to you. Like I said, at first the story mode might take some getting use to, but aside from that, you will be in for a great gaming experience!

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2011 4:36 PM PDT

WWE All Stars - Playstation 3
WWE All Stars - Playstation 3
Offered by The Katfish
Price: $39.00
64 used & new from $14.07

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Wrestling Video Game In Recent Years!!!, March 29, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Alright, let me get right to it.

The Good:

-The gameplay in this title is absolutely top-notch
-The graphics/animation style adds a unique and fresh flair to the game itself.
-The different type of modes available to be played are very entertaining and should keep one entertained for many many hours.
-The amount of superstars/legends available on the roster are absolutely incredible. Finally, they get it right with the addition of Ricky Steamboat and "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

The Bad:

-Controls. Now don't get me wrong, the controls are actually a lot better than they have been in other titles like Smackdown vs. Raw and Legends of Wrestlemania, however some of the moves are still a little bit tricky to "pull off." Yet with a bit of practice and timing, it will become easier.
-Sometimes the load times can be a bit repetitive. They aren't necessarily lengthy, its just you will endure several load times before being able to play an actual match.
-Now I know I mentioned this as one of the game's strengths, but it is also a weakness. The roster. Yes, the amount of wrestlers available is top-notch and very well put together, however there are some notable absences (that have been included in past games) like Ric Flair, The Iron Sheik, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, Yokozuna, need I go on? I'm only mentioning this cause I know for some out there, this might be an issue. However as far as I'm concerned, both the quantity and quality if characters available is remarkable.

I haven't been able to play all of the modes yet (as the game just came out today), however I will edit my review once I do and breakdown each mode individually. However, as far as I can tell thus far, this video game is absolutely fantastic, and is definitely a BLAST!

Sound: 4/5
Controls: 3/5
Replayablility: 5/5

Conclusion: Buy this game (or at the very least, rent it and give it a try)!

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2011 5:21 AM PDT

The Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection
DVD ~ Burgess Meredith
Offered by Dot Com Deals
Price: $124.98
16 used & new from $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of My Happiest Purchases!, March 22, 2011
I purchased this set almost two years ago through Amazon, and I remember I was very pleased at how promptly it arrived. I know that there isn't much that can be said about this set that hasn't been blurbed about already, however I'll at least throw in my own two cents!

I remember watching this show as a kid on TV (by the way, I'm rather young, so obviously I'm referring to re-runs on the channel now referred to as SyFy). For years I was captivated by the compelling plots, twists, and character development. Seriously, the writers of this show did a phenomenal job in making the viewers actually care about the characters in such a short time (episodes would last anywhere from thirty minutes to an hour). At the time of the shows initial release, all of these twist endings and curves in the plot were very cutting edge and way ahead of their time; though now it may seem rather cliche' and predictable.

Still, this show is a timeless piece of television history that I would highly recommend for anyone that is a collector, a science-fiction buff, or just likes good ole' story telling! Also, this would be a good way to introduce the younger generations into black-and-white media (as a lot of them are turned off by anything that isn't made in color).

The packaging is great, the price is good (just around a dollar an episode), and the hours of entertainment will be ones that you will NOT regret...I guarantee it! :)

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX [Online Game Code]
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX [Online Game Code]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic New Twist To An All-Time Classic!, March 22, 2011
Let me start off by saying that Pac-Man is my all-time favorite video game...period! Now, that being said, I first tried out this game by downloading it as a demo on PSN. At first, I was actually expecting just a mediocre rendition at best, however once I started playing...the flashing colors, the bright lights, the awesome sound effects, the familiar characters...needless to say, I was overwhelmed by a fresh BLAST of nostalgia! I had to have more! Thus, as soon as I could, I went on ahead and purchased the full version of the game, and boy is that one decision I have yet to regret! So much fun! Also, this would be a great way to introduce the series to someone who may be unfamiliar with it! So with all this in mind, give it a try, you won't regret it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2011 8:40 AM PDT

Ultimate Jordan  (Four-Disc Deluxe Limited Edition) [Blu-ray]
Ultimate Jordan (Four-Disc Deluxe Limited Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Michael Jordan
Offered by amazingwildcat
Price: $125.00
11 used & new from $39.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Introducing Michael Jordan To A New Generation, March 19, 2011
I'm sure by now you've seen all the reviews of individuals getting a wee bit "irate" over the fact that the content provided is not in HD. As unfortunate as this is, the fact remains that any footage (whether HD or not) is better than none at all.

We are entering a time where the younger generation may not know of the wonders of Michael Jordan, and this should be a crime! What this does, is allows them to be introduced to "His Airness," in a format that many of the younger generation are familiar with (Blu-Ray). True, the picture quality is not at all up to par, and while that would have been fantastic to see all the action in high-definition clarity, that's not really the point. The point is keeping the Jordan Legacy alive (by any means necessary) and keeping up with today's technological formats to allow this footage to prevail through time.

Who knows? Hopeful in the future, another method of transfer video will come along to where this footage can be cleared up somewhat, but until then, it's best not to complain and just be thankful for what is offered.

The nice addition on these discs is being able to observe several memorable games of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls in their entirety (and completely commercial free). I have only been able to watch a couple of them so far, but it has been a real "treat" to be able to relive some of these moments. Also included however, are documentaries that have been released throughout Michael's Career up until his second retirement. These are very informative looks at both his early life, progression in basketball, and ultimately, his career in the NBA. Each one of them adds something different; though at certain points subject matter becomes redundant or used multiple times yet it is not big deal.

Ultimately, I am very pleased with this purchase! I actually had the DVD version (of a previous release), and I decided to upgrade (and yes I said "upgrade"). Let us not forget that blu-ray discs also have other advantages over DVDs than just higher image resolution (such as better protection on discs surfaces). Anyway, you should definitely consider picking this one up (especially if you don't own any of the Ultimate Jordan sets already)! :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2011 7:51 PM PDT

Atari Shot Glass Set of 6
Atari Shot Glass Set of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Conversation Pieces!, March 18, 2011
I had ordered these to arrive just in time for last night (St. Patrick's Day). Boy, let me tell you, these were a novelty and quite the conversation piece for last night's festivities! Each glass features the classic Atari logo upon one side, while the other depicts images of artwork from timeless classic Atari games, such as Pong, Centipede, and Breakout! If you're considering this as a gift for someone who is into retro gaming, then DO NOT hesitate to pick this up! :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2011 8:08 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4