Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Hannah Caroline > Reviews

Browse

Hannah Caroline's Profile

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Hannah Caroline "Hannah Caroline" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Luminara Wax Candle, 3.5 by 5-Inch, Ivory
Luminara Wax Candle, 3.5 by 5-Inch, Ivory
Offered by BestBeyond
Price: $18.99
19 used & new from $16.14

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY Battery-Operated Candle to Buy!, January 14, 2016
This candle looks SO real and pretty! From a few feet away, the flame looks totally authentic. The light even dances on the ceiling of the room, as does real candlelight. But it emits no smoke or toxic fumes, and will never cause a house fire.

I previously used Candle Impressions brand, but they fell short in looking convincingly real. The light emanated from the center of the candle, rather than from the top, and the overly-active flicker looked fake.

This candle runs on two D-batteries and emits more light than do typical battery-operated candles. It's now my go-to candle for power outages. I don't think a single Luminara produces enough light to read by, it lights a room adequately for functional purposes. While I don't need the compatible remote, it's a nice option and would be great for someone who owns several of these, or whose Luminaras are up in hard-to-reach places.

The wax construction adds to this candle's realistic look. The vanilla scent is very subtle; I can't smell it unless I'm within about 10 inches of it. If someone needs a Luminara that is fragrance-free, though, choose the outdoor version. It's made of plastic, rather than scented wax.

Gemsli Ultra Comfort Cotton Briefs, Solid Color, 3 Pair Pack # 3305
Gemsli Ultra Comfort Cotton Briefs, Solid Color, 3 Pair Pack # 3305
Price: $17.62 - $22.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, November 18, 2015
After spending $20 on three pair of these paints, I expected them to be quality, and to be the product that's advertised here. First off, while underwear is normally stretchy, these are extremely spandex-y. Though advertised as cotton, I would like to see the actual analysis as to how much cotton, vs how much "other stuff," (i.e. unnatural fibers) these underwear contain. I have NEVER sweat like this in any other cotton brief I've worn over the years.

These sit lower on the waist than what is shown in the photo (expect your belly button to show). They ride up in the back, at least on me, so I'm constantly pulling them down over my butt, though this is technically my size, according to the size chart. My comfy white cotton ones (which are the same size, by the way-- and which were bought in a department store for a third of this price) never ride up like that.

If these call to you, then by all means, give them a try. But if you're on the fence, I suggest continuing your search, as I'm doing. I hope to save somebody else the expense and disappointment I feel.

Breezelike No Static Mini Hill Shaped Sheep Horn Pocket Wide Tooth Comb
Breezelike No Static Mini Hill Shaped Sheep Horn Pocket Wide Tooth Comb
Offered by China Craft Store
Price: $11.50
2 used & new from $11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally-- The Perfect Comb!, May 21, 2015
Over the years, I've bought a heap of combs. Tried just about every popular one out there, but was never satisfied. "Natural" combs are healthier for the hair and scalp, but the wooden ones I bought pulled my hair, and they eventually cracked. Plastic combs also pulled, plus they created static, and most of them had sharp teeth, which made my scalp tender. When I finally found these sheep horn combs, I ordered two. Love the compact size! Fits in my jeans pocket with room left over. These create no static, and the wide, rounded teeth are very gentle on the hair and the scalp. I feel that $11.50 is a reasonable price for a comb that can easily last a lifetime. Each one comes in a velveteen-lined box which is suitable for gift giving. And I can't imagine anyone who WOULDN'T like a comb like this! I'm on Amazon to buy more.....

Cricket Ultra Clean UC130(colors may vary)
Cricket Ultra Clean UC130(colors may vary)
Offered by Larkin Supply
Price: $4.75
12 used & new from $0.76

2.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously Tall, Wide (TOXIC) Combs, April 15, 2015
I wonder if the reason for all the good ratings has something to do with the way this seller keeps emailing and pressuring buyers to review the product? I intended to keep my disappointment to myself, until annoyed again with another email. So here's what I think of these combs.

I ordered two pairs, due to the ratings. The first thing I noticed was the tag explaining that they're treated to resist bacteria. This, my friends, is another unnecessary dose of chemical toxins. Soap and hot water takes care of comb bacteria without the need for infused bactericides.

These combs are so tall, with such a wide gap between the teeth, that I was actually rather shocked when I took them out of the package. Forget carrying it in your purse, unless your bag is ample-size. Even worse, these combs do not leave my hair smooth at all. My hair is fine, but has thick, wavy volume, so I need a wider comb. Yet the space between the teeth is still twice the ideal width. As another reviewer suggested, it may be suitable for your horse's tail. Some people might also like it in the shower. Hopefully someone out there, though, will be spared the disappointment I feel. If you buy this comb set, just know what you're getting.

Kingdom of the Cults-Christian Science
Kingdom of the Cults-Christian Science
Price: $20.00
2 used & new from $14.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely Off-the-Mark, March 5, 2015
I found a copy of this for 25 cents at the library's used book sale. Sadly, it is so thick with speculation, and lacking any genuine understanding of Christian Science, that I could site nothing of truth or integrity to gain from it.

As a graduate student of world religions, I studied Christian Science extensively, and of all the religions I pored over and researched intensely during the span of six years, this was actually the one that I found most impressive-- and sadly, often misunderstood. The theology of Christian Science became the eventual subject of my master's thesis.

Christian Science is in no way related to Scientology. Rather, it is the study of the demonstrable "science" of how Christ Jesus healed, and how this healing is still available today. It is focused on the Bible, along with a textbook that explains the Bible spiritually. The book was written by Reverend Mary Baker Eddy, a seasoned Bible scholar, and is called Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures. This is the only religion I've come across that addresses Christianity's lost element of healing.

When a religion is different from the mainstream, it's all too easy to throw it into a box labeled "cult." I've studied cults, and this ISN'T one. If you want to know what Christian Science is, this is the LAST "information" source I'd recommend. Visit the church itself or a Christian Science Reading Room, where you can ask questions and read their books and periodicals. Then you can make your own (informed) decision from what you've read and how it feels to you.

BambooMN Brand - Solid Bamboo Soup Spoon 8" - 10 pcs
BambooMN Brand - Solid Bamboo Soup Spoon 8" - 10 pcs
Offered by BambooMN
Price: $10.88
2 used & new from $10.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternative to Metal Utensils, February 3, 2015
These bamboo spoons are a wise option for people who are metal-sensitive or for those who are aware of the negative effects of metal on the meridians of the human body. Wood is healthier, and I much prefer it's feel in my mouth to that of metal, so I buy these for everyday use. They are great, too, for camping and picnics.

I bought the forks, also, and they're handy for foods that need to be "speared," such as salads or spaghetti, but these spoons serve me well for most meals. I use one until it shows it age. When washed and dried immediately after use, a single spoon lasts at least 2 months (and even longer if oiled), so a bagful of these can go a long way.

If there's a need to disinfect beyond the capability of dish soap and water, I give the bamboo utensil a good wipe down with Seventh Generation Disinfecting Wipes, which kill 99.99 percent of germs botanically and are completely food-safe. Once the disinfectant dries, I wash the spoon with soap and water, anyway, for good measure. Bamboo is actually a grass, not a tree, and it's very renewable.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2016 10:01 PM PST

Shea Butter Raw - Unrefined, Fresh, Ivory, Organic - Moisturizer For Dry Skin, Eczema Ointment, Psoriasis Cream, Cracked Heels, Hand Cream, Baby Eczema, Diaper Rash - Effective And Quick Natural Relief For Many Skin Conditions - SilkiShea

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard as a Brick, February 3, 2015
Too expensive for the poor quality that I received. I wound up throwing nearly the entire container into the trash, because the shea butter was SO HARD that I could NOT scoop it. I could only get the thinnest film off the top, and doing so required so much force that it was painful to my finger joints. Ridiculous! My bathroom is kept very warm, too, so it's unfathomable why this remained so solidified. Unless I got a bad batch...??? I'm genuinely surprised at all the good ratings here. I'm very much into simple, natural products, and I really wanted to like this, but I sure won't be buying it again.

Ice Choir ~ Christmas Melodies (Audio CD album)
Ice Choir ~ Christmas Melodies (Audio CD album)
Offered by twinskmg123
Price: $172.00
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional Christmas Music at it's Best!, February 3, 2015
I own both Ice Choir Christmas CDs. The female voices are melodically beautiful, and every song reverent with praise for the birth of Christ. It feels like angels singing! From the time I was a little girl, I preferred "Oh Holy Night" to "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." If you're like me, Ice Choir may well be what you're looking for. Their music takes Christmas to the higher level that it used to be, in it's traditional form. And for those seeking holiday background music for church, Ice Choir is very church-appropriate. In fact, it would be my top choice.

Buttonsmith® Van Gogh Sunflowers Premium Lanyard
Buttonsmith® Van Gogh Sunflowers Premium Lanyard
Offered by Buttonsmith Inc
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Beautiful, February 3, 2015
Prettiest lanyard I've ever seen! The colors are beautiful, reminding me of a morning sunrise. Sure beats the plain black, blue, and red ones I've owned over the years. Very durable, too, and the smoothness of the strap should prevent the fabric "snags" that I've experienced with other lanyards in the past. I expect this beauty to serve me well for many years.

Eurosled Merikan Missile Sled, Blaze Red
Eurosled Merikan Missile Sled, Blaze Red
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $42.49

5.0 out of 5 stars MERIKAN vs. ZIPFY, January 20, 2015
This is a great little luge! Lightweight, super-tough, and very fast, the Merikan is easily maneuvered by leaning to the right or left. This is one of the few sleds that I've been able to ride smoothly around corners. I purchased this and the Zipfy at the same time. Though the Zipfy is world-renowned (they race 'em in the Alps), the Merikan is, in my opinion, an equally good competitor. Two friends and I ran both luges side-by side multiple times, and both have their advantages.

The Merikan has a bit wider seat (14" across vs. Zipfy's 11"). It's also a little smoother in side-to-side maneuverability, due to a "rocking" bottom, which is curved from front to back and from side to side. Zipfy is curved only front-to-back. The downside? The Merikan has thrown me a handful of times, leaving me sliding down the mountain in my pants. I've never been dismounted from the Zipfy. The Zipfy's joystick in the middle feels more secure and can be ridden with one hand, or even hand-free. The Zipfy is also the faster and best-tracking of the two in less-than-steller snow conditions. It's a small difference, but one that we noticed. The Merikan, however, outperforms the Zipfy on hills that are curvy, rather than straight.

Though the Merikan is currently around $50, and the Zipfy around $40, both are equally durable and can be expected to last for years. Sport sledding is becoming more and more popular for adults, so these faster sleds (free-style luges) are finding a mature, as well as youthful, fan club. And for those of us on a budget, it's a blessing to enjoy winter recreation without the cost of specialized clothing, skis, bindings, boots, poles, and lift tickets. A helmet, however, is a wise idea, and Zipfy racers always wear them. I wear one, too. :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2016 9:59 PM PST