Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Oregon Lawn Mower Blade For John Deere 19-4/2-Inch Mulching M112991 91-403
Oregon Lawn Mower Blade For John Deere 19-4/2-Inch Mulching M112991 91-403
Price: $16.77
7 used & new from $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing beats JD blades, May 24, 2013
These blades were ordered to replace a pair of JD mulching blades that had worn down over time. I thought I would save a little money and buy a different brand. The blades fit perfectly and were the correct size. However, they did not seem very sharp when I put them on, at least not what I was used to ( this being my first pair of non-JD blades ). Needless to say, they are not as sharp on the grass either and don't cut as well as expected. I will use these the remainder of this season, maybe get them sharpened, but one shouldn't have to sharpen new blades, wherever they come from. I guess it's true that nothing runs like a Deere and nothing cuts like a Deere mower blade

Valeo 600-19 Series Wiper Blade, 19" (Pack of 1)
Valeo 600-19 Series Wiper Blade, 19" (Pack of 1)
Price: $12.16
10 used & new from $6.05

5.0 out of 5 stars best wipers I've ever owned, April 18, 2013
Gone through a full winter, a number of spring rains already ( April showers in the Midwest has been horrible this year), driving in Chicago traffic and on deserted interstates. These are by far the finest quality wiper blades I have ever installed and used. Both my vehicles have a lot of miles on them and I've used the cheaper Anco, Trico, Bosch and few other brands. Forget them all and invest in the Valeo's.

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover Black for iPad 2 and iPad (3rd/4th generation)
Price: $61.15
140 used & new from $14.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for student to type with, April 18, 2013
My daughter was issued an Ipad 2 for High School and I purchased the obligatory soft cover to protect it as best as could be. After a few weeks, my wife noticed that the daughter was not taking proper notes for her classes and discovered that it was too slow for her to type notes on the virtual keyboard. We shopped around and told her to talk to her classmates and found that a few of them had physical keyboard covers that they seemed to think helped them a great deal. We purchased this logitech unit because I was familiar with the quality of Logitech products. My daughter seems very happy with the keyboard cover. It is holding up very well and we have had it for 4-5months now. It's tough, takes a lot of abuse ( I've seen how she treats it ), fits very well to the Ipad and it has already opened and closed 1000 times with no mishap. My daughter seems to type very quickly on the keyboard, and although to small for my hunt and peckin' it's great for her smaller hands and the Ipad can be propped up in the slot to make it like a little laptop- very handy in classroom and while studying. Now if my daughter and her classmates would only stop texting and IM'ing each other in class- I'd be a happy man.

Crucial 4GB Kit (2GBx2) DDR2 800MHz (PC2-6400) CL6 SODIMM 200-Pin Notebook Memory Modules CT2KIT25664AC800
Price: $47.53
58 used & new from $47.53

5.0 out of 5 stars New life for an old laptop, April 18, 2013
Have an older model Dell Vostro 1700 laptop that came with only 1 gig of memory and WinXP. I decided to upgrade to Win 7 with 64 bit computing , but the 1 gig of memory was a definite bottleneck. Shopped around and found this Crucial 4GB kit for less than original Dell Memory. The specs were exactly the same and I was concerned with the reviews that Dell was receiving for their generic memory as not being exactly the best quality. Crucial"s website( as well as YouTube) has a video that shows you exactly how to install the memory, one unit from the bottom and the other unit under the top keyboard. It was a simple enough operation and now the computer has some zip to it and can run the newer programs with out disk swapping as much and less lag between refreshes.

Gateway SX2840-01 Desktop PC (Black)
Gateway SX2840-01 Desktop PC (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little powerhouse, August 14, 2010
Purchased this Gateway to replace an aging Pentium 4 Dell for my wife, who said her computer was too slow to do anything on. This Gateway was setup quickly right out of the box and I couldn't believe how snappy and responsive the computer was. Gateway's reputation had suffered tremendously in the past after the original owner sold out and left the company, but this is a great comeback effort. For the money, you get everything necessary to do everyday tasks, plus media playback plus light gaming in one inexpensive, small footprint box. Really not suited for heavy gamers, but it has enough speed, plenty of memory and impressive storage to handle any other type of application. We use it predominantly as a Home Office Computer for Peachtree Complete Accounting and for media(photo and video) storage, editing and playback. The two drawbacks that keep it from getting 5 stars are the lack of wireless and the button on top that controls the DVD bay door. These is the same issues that everyone else complains about. I have found that you must press the DVD release very, very firmly to make it work consistently. Other than these 2 issues, this computer is a great little powerhouse.

K-Seal ST5501 Multi Purpose One Step Permanent Coolant Leak Repair
K-Seal ST5501 Multi Purpose One Step Permanent Coolant Leak Repair
Price: $13.58
14 used & new from $10.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Seals Head Gasket leaks as advertised, April 4, 2009
I have a 1995 Ford Windstar 3.8 liter 6 cyl with 183,200 miles. Everyone knows this is one of Ford's weakest engines and has had numerous documented problems with blown head gaskets in the past. In fact Ford extended the original warranty on the engine to cover this particular problem. During this last hard winter of 2008-09, the heater suddenly began blowing cold air and the vehicle began overheating a great deal. My local mechanic and I flushed the coolant, replaced the thermostat and checked the cooling fans for correct operation and we found no problems, but the symptoms kept occuring. We decided it was another blown head gasket (repaired at under 100,000 by Ford) and rather than pay the $900 to repair it again, we decided my car would be the "guinea pig" for K-Seal, which he had never tried before. We followed the directions on the bottle by removing some anti-freeze from the system, shaking and pouring the K-seal into the radiator and refilling the anti-freeze to the proper level. My Mechanic recommended that I take at least a 20-30 mile trip to make sure that the engine reached a high enough temperature to make the sealant work. I drove out of our small town just as the temp gauge was beginning to rise and within 1 mile, the temperature gauge dropped and didn't move more than 1/8 inch during the rest of the 44 mile round trip. The heater blew the warmest air it had all winter and the vehicle performed as would normally be expected. I have since put on an additional 200 miles (total 244) without any overheating or cold air blowing problems although the temp gauge did raise slightly one day when I left the van idling for about 10 minutes, but no higher than 1/2 the gauge and well within acceptable limits (probably the temp did not get high enough for the cooling fans to engage). I am very pleased with the initial results for a $19.95 bottle of sealant and I will report back at 500 and/or 1000 miles.

(add) After putting about 2000 miles on this Windstar after treatment, it finally gave up the ghost and died. Definitely not a long term solution for this particular engine.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2015 5:37 PM PST

adidas Predator Club Shin Guard (Black/Metallic Silver, Small)
adidas Predator Club Shin Guard (Black/Metallic Silver, Small)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great youth shin guards, March 19, 2009
This is my second set of these for my 6 year old son- he outgrew the first ones and will probably only use these for one year also. They fit perfectly around his little shins (he's slightly small for his age)and they have the recommended ankle guards and EVA foam padding on the back. The velcro strap (only one) on top holds the guard firmly in place without being to tight. Put a little powder on the back for sweat absorption and he's ready to go. One warning- they do run a little small, which is perfect for my smaller child- but you might think about one size larger for your child.

Samsung LNS2651D 26-Inch LCD HDTV
Samsung LNS2651D 26-Inch LCD HDTV

4.0 out of 5 stars Great TV..Great Value..screen background not as black as Sony, March 19, 2009
Purchased this TV because my wife wouldn't let me get a bigger unit for the Living room. She thought 32" or more would be overpowering. So, as usual, I let her have her way. This TV was well recommended already and I have always had great luck with Samsung Electronics in the past (Video, DVD players, disk drives, monitors). It performs well and for the price is a great set. We have it hooked up to DirectTV and the picture is crystal clear digital and our Playstation 3 performs terrific as a High Definition Blue-Ray player. The only drawbacks are that the screen background is not that black, at least not as black when compared to a Sony high-end set. Also the viewing angles are a little limited and the sound is a little wimpy from the built in speakers. However, most people now have in home theater systems so that point is probably not very important. All in all, a dependable tv for a reasonable price. Not exactly the best, but definitely above the rest.

4-PORT KVM Switch for PS2
4-PORT KVM Switch for PS2

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick setup, great price-no worries, March 19, 2009
I needed to replace a 2 port KVM switch when I added a new server at my business. I looked around and this was the least expensive unit that came with cables included. A KVM switch allows you to use one keyboard,video,mouse combination with any number of computers. When you are limited on space as I am, they are a necessary item. This unit is light, easily setup and works with 4 computers that can be switched between by hotkey or by pressing the button on the unit. Theses switches are not rocket science, but to find one with these features (and free shipping to boot) at this price is a great deal.

Toshiba 14AF44 14" Flat Screen TV
Toshiba 14AF44 14" Flat Screen TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Great picture with flat screen, October 18, 2004
I purchased this unit to use in our travel trailer mainly for its small size and flat screen. It fits very tight, but serves it's purpose well since the flat screen makes it viewable from different angles, and with 6 people watching at once, thats important to us. The screen is clear and bright, best color and picture I have seen among all the top brands. Had it for 4 months- no problems.