Profile for Los Muertos Mariachi > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Los Muertos Mariachi "Mariachi" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Black Dahlia Murder: Majesty
The Black Dahlia Murder: Majesty
DVD ~ Black Dahlia Murder
Price: $17.98
50 used & new from $6.71

5.0 out of 5 stars TBDM = one of the best metal DVD's ever, June 2, 2009
When I bought this I didn't know what to expect but being a huge fan of the band I had to buy it whether it be bad or good but this is now in the front of my music dvd collection. Majesty isn't your common metal dvd because let's face it most dvd's in this genre show's a little partying here and there some live performances and then it's over. Make no mistake there is a lot of partying, 7 music videos and 11 awesome live shows but this dvd contains a two hour documentary that is solely focused on the band and what they are all about. TBDM is not your run of the mill metal outfit they in no way take themselves too seriously as shown by their many hobbies that include: long boarding, smoking weed, eating, drinking, or dressing up like Scooby Doo for a show no matter what you know they are there to have the best time. The good thing is you can tell that all the guys in the band actually like each other and they are all friends in fact Bart and Brian live across the street from one other and hilarity ensues. This dvd shows that bands can still be absolutely brutal but in the end they are just regular guys who's parents still come to their shows. This dvd is awesome you will not be disappointed it's something that you will want to watch over and over again I promise.

The New Game
The New Game
Price: $8.08
83 used & new from $1.58

2.0 out of 5 stars All work and no play makes me a sell out., May 16, 2009
This review is from: The New Game (Audio CD)
You hear it every day about bands from everyone, "Oh they used to be great but they sold out". It's a term that is thrown about very loosely when talking about bands but I can assure you friends that Mudvayne is the embodiment of this term. Back in 2000 L.D. 50 was released and within the rock/metal community it was considered awe inspiring. Chad sounded like some kind of demon that came creeping out of hell. Ryan's bass lines where un fathomable, Greg's guitar was so heavy and technical and Matt's drumming was all out amazing to say the least. Now Mudvayne has just plain lost it Chad writes horrible lyrics devoid of meaning, Ryan still plays some glimmer of hope, the guitar sucks and the drums are ok. All of the songs fall into radio friendly patterns there are no quirky time changes no amazing heavy riffs nothing. This album literally brings nothing to the table. I was a huge Mudvayne fan and I've met the band a couple of times all pretty nice guys especially Chad. I talked to Chad for at least 10 minutes! He took five ten out of his busy day to talk to me and I remembered thinking, "These guys are it they are going to do something amazing in music". I was young and wrong. As it's been mentioned by others almost all the bands of this era have fallen to the wayside but I was hoping Mudvayne wouldn't be one of them. I like to see artists change and evolve into different things but generally with each album you want to see the band try and top it's self but with the arrival of this album and Lost and Found it's apparent that Mudvayne isn't even trying. With all this being said yeah Mudvayne kind of sucks now but if you ever have a chance go to one of their concerts because they play mostly older stuff and it's heavy and faster than the albums. When Mudvayne plays live they bring an awesome energy to the stage sadly this energy just isn't put into their CD making process.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2009 5:44 AM PST

Dreamseller
Dreamseller
by Brandon Novak
41 used & new from $3.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Drugs are not worth doing., January 13, 2009
This review is from: Dreamseller (Hardcover)
Brandon Novak is a former professional skateboarder that had a bright future filled with promise and success. Growing up Brandon had all the natural talent to become one of the greats but he threw it all away for greed and drugs. I am a former heroin addict and I can tell you I've heard many stories similar to Brandon's. This book is well written and very witty but it does lack a lot of the story it's almost as if Brandon wrote the story but not entirely the truth or the whole story.

Novak gives some gritty details about being a junkie that you would mostly expect from a drug memoir. The self loathing and deprecating acts that one will do to get the next fix. He speaks of the lonely streets and the once loving family that has nothing to do with him. What you mostly learn is that like most addicts Brandon Novak is a selfish person. Brandon's life follows the predictable patterns of most junkies which entails a string of rehabs and string of rap sheets but that's all part of the experience of those that choose this life. The one thing you have to give him credit for is the fact that he doesn't ask anyone to look up to him and he doesn't expect any praise.

If you're looking for a whole lot on Bam's crew and how Novak fits in you won't really find it here. What you will learn is that behind the scenes Bam has a loving family and they all care about Brandon but when the cameras are on Novak is always the punch line. Bam wants to help Brandon to get clean but Brandon is basically kept around for amusement value as the loveable f-up that everyone likes to keep around to make them feel better about themselves. This book for me really fell short on what's most important which is someone bettering themselves from addiction. There really is no moral to the story in this book. It's a bunch of stories strung together punctuated by a couple of praises to the lord and then it ends. If you are looking for absolution or bright spot at the end of this book you won't find it but if you want a book that shows you how bad you shouldn't want to do drugs then read this. Brandon Novak is not someone to be admired but in the end he is someone that you can learn from.

Coastal Pet Products CCP6702SKZ Pirate Adjustable Breakaway Collar, Skulls
Coastal Pet Products CCP6702SKZ Pirate Adjustable Breakaway Collar, Skulls
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Collar, December 20, 2008
I bought this collar for my Fiancé's cat because I thought maybe if he had some cool attire I would like him more. He's a moron so it didn't make me like him anymore BUT he looks great wearing the collar. It has a tiny bell that you can remove if you choose and it has a adjustable strap which is great because it fits around his fat neck. The skulls and swords are nicely stitched and all around it's a good product.

A Fighter's Heart: One Man's Journey Through the World of Fighting
A Fighter's Heart: One Man's Journey Through the World of Fighting
by Sam Sheridan
Price: $12.30
138 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Sam is the man, November 6, 2008
Sam Sheridan is an amazing man to say the least. A merchant marine, a Harvard grad, fire fighter, oil rig worker, writer and a fighter. They lists of this man's accomplishments alone are something to be looked up too. A Fighters Heart is a well rounded book that delves into all aspects of fighting and mixed martial arts. Sam starts off in Thailand training in Muay Thai and the book really draws you in because the way he describes Thailand is amazing from the people to the devastating art of Muay Thai you will be immersed in the story. Sam's book also leads him to Iowa to train with Pat Miletech, Tim Slyvia, Jens Pulver (who also wrote a great book about fighting) and many more eventually he even trains BJJ with Minotauro. This book to me is great because you get to learn about all of the fighters that you see on TV and you get to see what makes them tick but most of all it shows you the heart that they all have and what it really takes to be a fighter. Some chapters are lengthy and somewhat boring like the boxing chapter but all in all I think this book was well worth the read.

Everlast Freestanding Heavy Bag
Everlast Freestanding Heavy Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Alternative, October 23, 2008
I bought this bag awhile ago thinking that for my stand up it would be good. As others have mentioned this DOESN'T replace a heavy hanging bag but this is still a great item. The problem I had when I bought this bag was expecting it to be tall enough for me to punch but sadly this is not the case. I'm a little taller so my punches go over the bag but this is great if you want to practice body shots or working the inside. Now, for why I think this bag is great. I practice Muay Thai and I swear to you that there is no other product better for practicing simple kicks and knees. This bag is the perfect height for working the Muay Thai clinch of course nothing beats having someone wearing pads but if you don't have the luxury of someone to spar with this bag is what you need. On a side note if you have children this would be a perfect item if they are into karate or other martial arts because it's the perfect height for good standing posture. The base of the bag is sturdy some people fill it with water or others fill it with sand but the bag it's self has other uses that can be used for training. If you have a smooth floor like in your garage you can spar with the bag and then push it the length of the floor and then stand up spar and repeat. This is great conditioning for mixed martial arts and gives you a total body work out: Hips, shoulders, arms, legs and if done properly you can improve your cardio and endurance.

Dead Space (PlayStation 3)
Dead Space (PlayStation 3)
Offered by FRONTIER HOBBY SHOP
Price: $19.44
91 used & new from $9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to shoot them in the what?, October 22, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Here as of late I have been picking up more and more video games, some good some bad. Dead Space has to be one of my favorites! I never really considered myself a huge fan of video games but with games like this one it is hard not to be. The plot is very simple and so is the story. You are on a space ship to repair it, there are aliens there and you have to fight your way out. Sound boring? Well, it's not. Has this plot been done before? Yes, think back to every Sci Fi movie of the nineties but so what!

This game really immerses you into the story and more importantly a foreboding atmosphere. The level design is very impressive the space ship that you are on is massive with winding corridors, elevators, chambers and yes it's even so big it has a mono rail. In a lot of survival horror games the appeal lies in an escapable situation in which you find your self very confined in the levels however, with this game you have many opportunities to view the ship from many angles. The game allows you to see outside the ship where you can see meteor showers and planets and you also get to experience anti gravity all while fighting off enemies which makes for some very intense battles.

With that being said there is no shortage of enemies or the ways that they can and will attack you. The great part about this game and fighting your way through it is you really never know when or where the enemies will come from. In most games you can tell by the music or when you turn a corner you are sure there is going to be something there but in Dead Space you are always guessing. The aliens jump through glass, come out of walls, hang from ceilings, float by you and on and on. With so many different ways to be attacked the designers came up with some great weapons all of which are multi functional and have two ways of shooting so attacking and being attacked never gets old. Unlike most games when engaging the enemies you always go for the head shot but in Dead Space you have to shoot off their limbs which at times can be difficult but makes for very interesting gaming.

At certain junctures of the game you are able to customize anything you want. You can buy and sell items such as air and health and you can also customize your weapons, space suit and everything in between. Aside from the weapons your space suit also allows for you control stasis and kenosis The map functions on this game are also second to none. All of your maps are 3D and very helpful for navigating your way through the ship they also don't give away the position of enemies which really adds to the games whole point which is the element of surprise.

Dead Space all in all is an amazing game that really has it all and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, September 22, 2008
A lot of people collect a lot of things cars, shoes, clothing but my thing has always been watches. I bought this watch and I'm very impressed to say the least. I own a couple of watches some high end others low end but for the price and the look you can't beat this watch. It keeps time better than my Rolex which is great. Granted, it does kind of look like something off a rap video but I still enjoy the look and the style. Retail price for some of these watches are over a thousand dollars as where companies that buy them in bulk are able to sell these at a low cost to you in my case this watch was $265. With a price like that there is a lot you don't have to worry about such as getting it insured like you would have to with Rolex or a high priced Tissot. If you want to save some money and look good I would say buy this watch. The look of it is beautiful and someone that sees this watch from a distance would swear you spent a couple thousand on it I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Offered by Hubbagames
Price: $17.93
126 used & new from $5.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Take that Wookie!, September 17, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Star Wars games from what I've seen are usually hit or miss but I feel as though this game was a hit. I'm not going to act like I'm the greatest video game reviewer or that I even know a lot about video games but I will tell you honestly what I enjoyed. The great part about this game is that when you play it you really feel all powerful and it's as if you can really impose your will upon your enemies. You can force choke Wookies, use force lighting, drop kick people, fling items one hundred times your weight into unsuspecting enemies with little effort and wield your light saber like a pro. Also, as you progress in the game you are able to upgrade all of your powers and your light saber which is ideal for the customization of your character with this aspect of the game you can make the character very much your own.

The environments in the game are very rich, the grass moves in the wind the trees are easily splintered and cut in half by your light saber. The space environments are extremely detailed just like the movies. All the textures of the worlds that you visit are very plush and robust. Are they the best graphics I've ever seen? No. But they are above par in my opinion. The games mechanics really are impressive but with that being said there are some draw backs to game play. The camera angles can be really bad at times but that happens in a lot of video games. There are indeed some glitches in the cut scenes but nothing horrible in my opinion. The movements of your character are very fluid as you string together combos but sometimes jumping from platform to platform can be a real pain in the a$$. The targeting system (You will hear a lot of complaints on this) is sometimes tricky and can be annoying but it's nothing to dismiss the whole game over!!

For most Star Wars fans the story telling aspect of the game is extremely important and in this game and I can promise you it will not disappoint but even for those that aren't familiar with the Star Wars franchise the overall game play combined with the story is enough to draw anyone in. I won't get that in depth with how things play out because other people that will review this game probably will do that for me (and much better than I could) but basically you are Darth Vader's secret apprentice and it is your job to do his bidding. With any good Star Wars story of course the prevalent theme is good vs evil and the war with one's self which is never dull.

I gave this game five stars for fun and four stars overall I personally think that this game is full worth it's sixty dollar price tag and I would recommend it to all. As I've mentioned there are some draw backs and glitches but none bad enough to really ruin my overall opinion of this game. Buy it, play it and may the force be with you!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow......, September 2, 2008
It has been a long, long time since I've went to a movie and cried the whole way through.......From Laughing. When I went to this movie I knew it would be funny but I had no idea just how funny it was. From the opening credits until the very end I laughed so hard my sides hurt.

I've read the other reviews and yes it has foul language and no children shouldn't see it but what a treat for adults. Is the plot really in depth? Are the characters fully developed? Did I really learn anything? NO!!! But that's the point. People tend to forget that when you go to see a comedy if it makes you laugh then it has thus fulfilled it's purpose. The characters in the movie are a pair of 40 year old screw up's that still live with mom dad. Soon they are forced to live together and hilarity ensues. When we're children it's hard enough to sometimes learn social skills but imagine being forty and having absolutely none and you will have all the chemistry that John and Will have in this movie. Let's just say that the "feeling out process" has never been funnier.

I loved this movie so much in fact I'm seriously thinking about going back to the theater a second time to see this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4