Profile for Russell Kintner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 90

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Russell Kintner RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Ceramics Blues Ball S/6 3"d
Ceramics Blues Ball S/6 3"d
Offered by Bombay Jewel
Price: $20.22
3 used & new from $20.22

4.0 out of 5 stars A great decorative item at a very reasonable price, June 19, 2015
I ordered two sets of these "blue balls", can't stop laughing at that. Anyway, to address some of the reviews here that complain about the quality of the glaze or other minor imperfections.....c'mon. Yeah, they're from China. And yes some of the 12 balls I received had minor imperfections in the glaze. None were chipped but I could see where someone might see some of the imperfections as a chip. And they all arrived in one piece, no breakage. So, for roughly $23 / 6 pieces, that's about $3.80 apiece. I'm not gonna complain about a few imperfections that are gonna be invisible when the balls are stacked inside a bowl and 75% of their surface is hidden from view. I detracted one star for the imperfections but I would buy these again without hesitation. On the upside, the cobalt blue is really pretty and the designs are great to my eye. There's lots of variation to catch attention and hold people's interest which is all I wanted from stuff that fills up a decorative bowl.

The Shadow Ship (Convergent Space Book 2)
The Shadow Ship (Convergent Space Book 2)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read. I enjoyed it., April 24, 2015
I really liked this book as along with the first book in the series. The author tells a good story. It's not hard science fiction so you won't get any explanation of how these folks move around the galaxy and avoid time dilation effects. They just do. Accept it and enjoy a great mystery story set in space. The author also does a decent job of establishing the general history of the galaxy and a couple of species that are key to the story leading up this point. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. One nit, like many electronic books these days, the editing (or lack thereof) drove me crazy. There are misspellings and punctuation errors all over the place. Whatever happened to the concept of editors?

CoasterStone AS1085 Absorbent Coasters, 4-1/4-Inch, "Glamour Shells Collection", Set of 4
Price: $20.21
3 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I like em! I thought these were going to be ..., April 24, 2015
I like em! I thought these were going to be a natural sandstone material like ThirstyStone coasters but they are actually a man made product that looks to be unglazed porcelain. So they should be pretty tough. The benefits of this material is that they are smooth to the touch and because of the smooth surface, the design printed on them is much more detailed and just nicer looking than what you get with artwork printed on sandstone. They are also a little thinner than a sandstone coaster but the porcelain can be thinner and still be stronger. As for absorbency, sandstone may have a bit of an edge in speed of absorption and the maximum liquid it can hold. But these should be fine in 95% of circumstances. And finally, the price is very competitive. If you like the colors (photos are very accurate) and the seashell designs, I'd say buy em.

Dolphin 9999313-SWV Dolphin Advantage Plus RC Robotic Pool Cleaner with Swivel Cable (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by In The Swim Pool Supplies
Price: $880.00
4 used & new from $845.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't own a pool without one!!!!!, April 9, 2015
I love these things. I just bought one to replace our unit that died after about 10 years of duty. They work great and the design doesn't appear to have changed a great deal in 10 years. One nice thing about the new design. It comes with a caddy to store the robot, the cord, and the power supply. It looks much neater when stored than the old one. It takes minutes to clean the filter bag with a garden hose. And once a month you can just throw the bag in the laundry to get it really clean.

As for cleaning the pool, this thing will trundle around your pool while you're asleep and you'll wake up to a pool that is cleaner than you could ever manage on your own. Yeah, it's a lot of cash. But yes, it really works well and frees up hours of your time every week during pool season.

The only negative I can throw at the machine is the remote. It's either useless or I'm an idiot at trying to steer this thing.

Utopia 12 Premium Cloth Napkins, 60% Cotton 40% Polyester, Soft and Durable, Expertly Tailored Edges, Generous Size (18" x 18"), Ideal for Events or Regular Home Use (Navy)
Offered by Utopia Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for nice looking napkins., April 9, 2015
I bought these in navy blue. The color is really deep navy and the size is good. I haven't washed them yet but I'm hoping the cotton & polyester fabric blend will be somewhat better than pure cotton as far as wrinkles and shrinkage goes. As for absorbency, they seem fine for wiping your mouth and hands. If I had a major spill to mop up, I'd reach for the paper towels rather than these.

Kiwi Camp Dry Performance Fabric Protector, 10.5 oz
Kiwi Camp Dry Performance Fabric Protector, 10.5 oz
Offered by Insole Dept
Price: $10.99
24 used & new from $5.92

5.0 out of 5 stars It works on cotton!, April 9, 2015
I bought a can of this stuff to waterproof cotton place mats and a table runner. It works. The cotton is now spill resistant enough that you'll have time to clean them off before a stain sets. You may not want to leave red wine on them to dry but if you blot it up in a minute or two, they'll be fine.

TexereSilk Solid Silk Pillowcase (Black, Queen/ Standard) Pillow Case Cover Great Birthday, Anniversary & Christmas Gift Single Pack Queen / Standard Size HS0001-BLK-Q
Offered by TexereSilk
Price: $44.00
3 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality silk pillowcases at a reasonable price., April 9, 2015
These look and feel great and the price was pretty reasonable. I've washed them once by hand so far using Woolite. They washed fine and it only took 10 minutes. They dry in a few hours.

Now Designs Ombre Placemats, Indigo, Set of 4
Now Designs Ombre Placemats, Indigo, Set of 4
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, simple design in a quality cloth place mat., April 9, 2015
I like these place mats. This is not a super sophisticated design you'd put in a formal dining room. Nor is it a cheap plastic mat. It's just a nice cloth mat with simple but sophisticated look. The colors are nice and the change in shading makes it interesting without making it busy. It's great for a seaside cottage or a kitchen table especially if your place settings have a pattern. This won't create visual overload. I bought the matching table runner to go with it and I like the overall look. A set of navy blue colored napkins provides some simple contrast.

Since these are 100% cotton, light in color, and they're gonna be used to catch flying food particles, I took the precaution of buying a can of spray-on fabric protector so that liquids will bead up and oils won't sink in immediately. That should make these a lot more practical for everyday use and they are (in my opinion) a lot more attractive than plastic place-mats.

And last but not least, the price was reasonable.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Now Designs Ombre Table Runner, Indigo
Now Designs Ombre Table Runner, Indigo
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice table runner for an informal but sophisticated look., April 8, 2015
I like it. This is not a super sophisticated silk runner with embroidery you'd put in a formal dining room. It's just the opposite. Sophistication in its simplicity. The colors are nice and the change in shading makes it interesting without making it busy. It's great for a seaside cottage or a kitchen table especially if your place settings have a pattern. This won't create visual overload. I bought the matching place-mats to go with it and I like the overall look. A set of navy blue colored napkins provides some simple contrast.

Since it's 100% cotton, light in color, and it's gonna be used to catch flying food particles, I took the precaution of buying a can of spray-on fabric protector so that liquids will bead up and oils won't sink in immediately. That should make these a lot more practical for everyday use and they are (in my opinion) a lot more attractive than plastic place-mats.

And last but not least, the price was incredibly reasonable.
Comment Comment | Permalink

David Archy Men's 4 Pack Manner Modal Cotton Fashion Trunk (M, Black)
David Archy Men's 4 Pack Manner Modal Cotton Fashion Trunk (M, Black)
Offered by CN-Smashing
Price: $49.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice trunks., April 6, 2015
The fabric is nice. It's soft, doesn't hold moisture, and breathable. They look good. And the pouch keeps everything where it belongs. But the for me is a little snug. The waist sizes jump from M (34") to L (38"). My pants size is a 34" waist so I ordered the M. The waist is a bit snug but not uncomfortable. Where I have a problem is the legs. Those openings are elasticized too. I have a fairly athletic build, my thighs measure about 28". These trunks in M are just a little on the tight side for my legs. I'd say a trimmer or more normal physique would do OK with the manufacturer's size rating If you have legs like a running back, you may want to look at one size larger the the recommended waist size.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9