Profile for maxxpwr > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

maxxpwr "maxxpwr" RSS Feed (Virginia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
White Cloverine Salve, White Petrolatum Skin Protectant, 1 oz (28.4 g) (Pack of 6)
Price: $21.84
6 used & new from $19.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good backup, April 17, 2012
I typically use Blistex, because it's not overly thick and the medicated nature of it has a slight cooling effect.

But as I am very bad at mis-placing stuff, I have this can sitting at my desk. I know I would never take it anywhere because it's too big to comfortably carry around in my pocket. So for the times when I cant find my Blistex, this works well.

It does feel much thicker than the Blistex, more of a reminder that you have petroleum jelly on your lips. And taking a sip of something cold? The jelly becomes a bit stiff and it feels like your lips are made from wax paper.

Still, a good product and recommended.

adidas Little Kid/Big Kid Superstar 2G Ultra Basketball Shoe,White/Dark Indigo/Silver,10.5 M US Little Kid

5.0 out of 5 stars Style!, April 17, 2012
I love these shoes!

The kids love them too!

Only downside is that with kids, shoes get dirty quick, especially white shoes. So they stay white for maybe a day or so. And the younger kids have a tough time keeping the laces tied.

But they are nice looking comfortable shoes and are well made.

Toy Story 3 Buzz Lightyear Mission Pack
Toy Story 3 Buzz Lightyear Mission Pack

2.0 out of 5 stars As much entertainment value as a happy meal toy, April 17, 2012
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I place the entertainment value of this mission pack at 5-10 minutes maximum. If your kid touches it again after that, consider it a bonus. The kid does not look anything like Buzz lightyear when using this, because of course they don't have an actual Buzz lightyear costume on when playing with it. So all they have are these three incredibly goofy looking things. After 5 minutes, they realize how goofy they are, that they don't look like Buzz Lightyear, and so they lose interest.

Corsair CMPSU-430CX CX Series 430-watt Power Supply Compatible with   Core I7 and Core I5
Corsair CMPSU-430CX CX Series 430-watt Power Supply Compatible with Core I7 and Core I5

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, good, April 17, 2012
I've had quite a few Corsair power supplies and still have one of their first HX units in use. This is one of the least expensive units they have ever produced. I didn't expect miracles, so I wasn't hoping to receive anything other than a low cost unit. That said, among the low cost units, I like this one the best. It's reasonably quiet, has enough power to run 95% of the systems out there.

It's been almost a year since I built my first computer with one of these power supplies and so far I have nothing to complain about.

The rebates all came quick and fast.

DEWALT DPG82-11C Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle
DEWALT DPG82-11C Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle
Price: $11.29
31 used & new from $9.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, good quality, April 5, 2010
I bought these goggles along with 3M respirators for spray painting approximately 30 gallons of paint. I wear glasses and these worked well with the glasses. The fog is just a fact of life, so I just had to learn to deal with it. These were good quality, easy to clean, comfortable to wear, and did not let any fumes bother me one bit.

Light: Science and Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting
Light: Science and Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting
by Fil Hunter
62 used & new from $6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Indeed essential, April 5, 2010
A big part of photography is understanding light and how it works to affect a composition. Even more so for artificial light photography where the photographer can't even see the lighting results until after the picture as been taken. This book does a great job at explaining light and how it can work for and against the photographer. It contains easy to follow illustrations that delivers the material in a clear and concise manner. Also valuable is the section of the book that deals with the difficulty of photographing difficult surfaces and subjects such as reflective metal and transparent glass. I have purchased many of the highly reviewed photography books on Amazon and this one by far has been the best to date.

Learning Resources Funny Phone Family Game
Learning Resources Funny Phone Family Game
Offered by Capital Outlet
Price: $24.99
13 used & new from $20.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Kids didn't know what to do with it, April 5, 2010
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Strange world we live in - I bought this for kids that are 3 and 5. They looked at it and asked me what it was. They had never seen an old style phone like this before. When I told them it was a telephone, the older one asked where the screen was.

As the other reviewer mentioned, the rules are complex and there is entirely too much boring stuff to do in between the fun. Kids don't sit and read rules, and the adults are going to be even less patient.

Tonka Toughest Mighty Truck (Handle Color May Vary)
Tonka Toughest Mighty Truck (Handle Color May Vary)
Offered by Uncle Fester's Attic
Price: $87.48
8 used & new from $42.50

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Tonka!, April 5, 2010
When I was a kid and asked for a Tonka truck for my birthday, this is what I had in mind. A big yellow truck that could haul stuff. Now, I don't remember if this particular truck was around way back when, but I'm glad Tonka continues to make awesome big toys like this at a reasonable cost. This truck gets played with a lot at the house, and when its cleanup time, it is pushed around and used to hold all the other toys picked up from the floor. It's so awesome, all kids should have at least one.

Diamond VC500  USB 2.0 One Touch Video Capture Device Capture content from VCRs, Camcorders, DVD players, or any device supporting video output through an S-Video or composite RCA connection.
Price: $32.99
67 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little video capture device!, April 5, 2010
I am using this to convert some old VHS home movies into digital format before they deteriorate any more. I am using it with Windows 7 64-bit and have been very happy with the results. The stock image settings are a bit off but some tweaking with the adjustment sliders dialed the color/contrast in to a good point where it gave awesome results. I haven't had any video/audio sync issues, knock on wood. Overall a solid product that's worth the cost IMO.

CTEK (56-158-1) MULTI US 3300 12-Volt Battery Charger
CTEK (56-158-1) MULTI US 3300 12-Volt Battery Charger
Price: $56.33
39 used & new from $53.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger, from all aspects, April 5, 2010
This is a great charger. Our family van doesn't get driven much during certain times of the year so it sits in the garage. It's on its second battery and I am determined to keep this one fresh and topped off. The included dongle for for permanent installation makes this a snap, all I have to do is pop the hood and connect it up to the connector and I'm done. The charger automatically goes into maintenance mode where it keeps the battery nice and happy. I've also used this charger to revive an otherwise completely drained battery for a neighbor's car. He left an interior light on and discovered that the battery was completely flat two weeks later. I let him borrow this charger and it fully charged the battery over a weekend and the battery has not given my neighbor any more issues.

It costs more than some of the dumb battery chargers, but this one takes up less space, comes with valuable accessories, and provides enough current to properly charge larger capacity batteries. Two thumbs up!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5