Profile for Fausto Fondeur > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 53

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Fausto Fondeur RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Flip Cover Case (Orange)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Flip Cover Case (Orange)
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $13.30
14 used & new from $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Genuine from Amazon, December 4, 2013
Not genuine...
I'm sad to say Amazon is selling a Chinese version, not original.
Go to your local BestBuy and compare, differences are very obvious.
Color, quality of material, finish, fit etc, it's very obvious once you are able to compare original and fake.
This shipped directly from Amzon and sealed.
Package missing the hologram seal for original Samsung product.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Screen Protector by RinoGear® - Military-Grade w/ Lifetime Replacement Warranty - Premium Shield Ultra Clear Quality
Offered by RinoGear
Price: $11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good an inexpensive..., December 4, 2013
Really good an inexpensive...
There is only one small detail, it does not include the solution.
You need to prepare yourself.
For the price is a minimal annoyance.
However, I would rather pay more, and receive a complete "kit".
If you have some "extra" solution from other similar products, then this is a very good alternative.
As others have said, needs better instructions.

If applied correctly, bubbles will go away in a few days.
My installation is flawless.
If you are used to wet applications, this is not different to any other manufacturer.
Much much easier in my opinion to dry applications.

JJC LH-J48B Professional Lens Hood for Olympus 17mm 1.8 Black Zuiko Lenses Replaces Olympus LH-48B
Offered by EasyFoto
Price: $21.70
5 used & new from $21.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as it should, October 26, 2013
I've never seen, used or tested the genuine Olympus branded hood, but in terms of functionality, why pay double for something that is exactly the same?
This one is made out of metal or aluminum... not sure which.
In terms of built quality and fit, nothing bad to say, seems very well made and stays securely and perfectly in place.
It's mounted by tightening the knob on the side, which then pushes a metal band into the lens, so there is a large area in contact with the lens.
I really don't like "screw in" hoods.
I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a hood for the 17mm.

Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-i717 4G LTE UNLOCKED AT&T World Phone (WHITE) - 16GB Memory - DUAL CORE Processor - No Contract
Offered by Wireless Experts, Inc.
Price: $279.72
29 used & new from $184.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on Tmobile T-Mobile T Mobile, October 16, 2013
I just want to add that this phone is unlocked and works on T-Mobile prepaid plan.
I'm getting 4G LTE, on NJ.

Also,
To update to Jelly Bean 4.1.2, just install Samsung Kies, it's a free app from Samsung.
Connect the phone, and after connecting to it, it will request to update.

I personally recommend that after an update you do a factory reset to delete anything left from the previous 2.3 android system.
Phone worked so much smother after doing a factory reset, as recommended by Samsung support (found it online on a forum).

Finally, all the ATT apps can be disabled.
Just go to Setting -> Application Manager -> ALL (you need to swipe right to get here) -> click on the APP, instead of having a uninstall option, you will be able to disable them.

That's it!
Hope it helps someone, as for me it was a trial, I couldn't really find simple answer on the internet.

I didn't load any modem driver, rooted, etc.
This is unrooted and stock.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2013 12:16 PM PST

Panasonic LUMIX GX7 16.0 MP DSLM Camera with LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm II Lens and Tilt-Live Viewfinder (Silver)
Price: Click here to see our price
22 used & new from $739.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Compared to GX1..., October 6, 2013
There has been much said about the GX7.
I'll just add a few toughs that have not been shared (as far as I can tell) by other reviews.
This purely from a consumer perspective, without going in detail on regards to ISO pixel peeping etc.

First... the LVF or EVF, however you want to call it, compared to the GX1.
It's smaller, wide screen, and has a tunnel effect when looking trough it.
If you shoot 4:3, which is actually the sensor size, you will end up with black bars on the sides, which is actually distracting and takes away form the experience.
The GX1 LVF seems better to me in every way, and I can't tell the difference in regards to extra resolution on the GX7 LVF vs the GX1.

There are some limitations in regards to the E-shutter, min shutter speed is 1 second, you can't use it for Panorama, and some light sources, will cause banding on the final picture, so it must be disabled.
I have not detected any impact in picture quality.

Writing speed to SD has been greatly improved as compared to GX1, I've been shooting RAW and large JPGE low compression, and it's blazing fast recording pictures. No more waiting for buffer to be recorded.

Menu system and button layout is fantastic, and the Q.menu is as useful as ever, not sure why the moved it up (compared to GX1), of course you can customize ... If you are comfortable with the GX1, you will fell at home, plus many details have been improved, making the experience smother, for example, magnified view has can be assigned to left arrow while half pressing shutter, which I believe it's really well thought.

RAW images translate much better in LR, I always had issues processing the GX1 RAW due to over saturation, this is not present, which results in a much better and faster work flow.

I think that's it... this is just some ideas I have not seen shared elsewhere, let me be clear I LOVE THE GX7!!!
I just want to provide some points I believe are important.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2013 5:28 PM PDT

Skinomi® TechSkin - Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Screen Protector + Full Body Skin Protector / Front & Back Premium HD Clear Film / Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield with Free Lifetime Replacement Warranty - Retail Packaging
Offered by Skinomi
Price: $29.95
3 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, let it dry for a few days..., October 5, 2013
It's a really good screen protector.
Wet applied, you need to use the provided applicator to install it.
It's really not difficult, and it allows you to move and align the protector much easier as a dry to static screen protector.
On the down side... you have to make the device somewhat wet, you don't need a lot of liquid, but my note ended up rebooting and going into factory restore mode as power and volume down shorted for a while.
Just be careful as to how much liquid you use.
Let it sit for a few days before using the pen.
It will feel extremely sticky for a few days, and using the pen will permanently mark the screen.
Just let it sit, bubbles will go away, screen will look super clear, the final result is excellent.
And don't use the s-pen for a few days until is 100% dry, it will still feel a little sticky, but I like it.

National Geographic NGTT2 Tundra Tripod with 3-Way Head with Quick Release Plate 785PL (Gray)

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken, September 4, 2013
Same as another reviewer...

All of the latches have cracked or broken, it can't be used anymore.
Total piece of junk!

CrazyOnDigital Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 N8010 N8013 Tablet (3-pack) [DOES NOT FIT 2014 EDITION MODEL]
Offered by CrazyOnDigital Corp.
Price: $8.85
3 used & new from $3.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good!!!, September 11, 2012
I just want to add my experience with this product after some weeks of use.
I'm not going to repeat what has already been described by different reviews.
However, this is a good product and I want to give it my 5 stars rating.
Application is difficult, due to the nature of static screen protectors, there is nothing wrong with it, its just the way they work, and will attract dust and lint like a giant magical magnet.
However, the product itself is excellent, I've been using the PEN extensively, no starches on the protector, it provides a little more resistance to the PEN, which actually I find better for drawing, but not to a point were it becomes an issue.
I had to remove a Zagg protector because it rendered the PEN useless, it dragged and sicked to the point you could not use it.
I highly recommend this one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2012 5:49 PM PDT

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Google Nexus 7 Screen Protector Shield , Lifetime Replacements
Offered by New Tech Accessories
Price: $11.95
2 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and clean perfect install, July 17, 2012
If you are looking for a high quality screen protector, look no further.
This is a "wet" type on screen protector, don't be discouraged by it.

I've been using them since my first smart phone, the palm-pre.
They go on very easily, much much easy as compared to dry (glue or static) type of screen protectors.

They can be set and moved, without the need to remove and re-set, this will avoid having lint and dirt being left in between the screen and the protector. Dry ones are like dirt magnets.

Instructions are very clear and easy to follow, basically, wash your hands, spray fingers and protector (both sides), place, adjust, remove bubbles with provided rubber tool and done.
No headaches related to misaligned issues, or lint attracted to screen protector static.
Note, small bubbles will go away in time, don't worry...

It wont affect the touch capabilities of the screen, and also, this brand wont feel sticky, as some other I've used.

I would highly recommend this product, first time I buy armorsuit, I'm happy because this is a great quality product.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2012 3:27 PM PDT

Olympus HLD-6 Battery Holder
Olympus HLD-6 Battery Holder
Price: $299.00
20 used & new from $169.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!!!, June 20, 2012
It's not cheap, to be honest, I've never bought a battery grip before, so maybe I'm wrong in regards to the price.
But it's really worth it, specially if you have 4/3 lenses that you want to use with the EM5.
I have for 4/3 14-54 MK1, Leica 25 1.4, 9-18 and 70-300, all of them for the 4/3 mount, so I've been using the MK2/3 adapter and the grip makes the handling great.
For the 70/300, I still do my best to support most of it's weight using my left hand, but having the extra grip, makes a huge difference.
Specially for manual focus/macro.

Having 2 extra fn1 and fn2 and one additional battery (you have to buy, not included), is a big plus.
I have them setup different from the ones one the body.

fn1 = zoom
fn2 = AEL
record= Aperture preview
grip fn1 = ISO
grip fn2 = Manual focus/single focus switch.

It provides better customization depending on the type of photography and lenses you use.
I have two non-CAF (MK1 and 35mm 3.5)lenses that really benefit from the way I have it setup.

Yesterday on my trip to the statue of liberty I drained the battery on the grip and half of the body, you don't even notice when it happens, You will see the battery indicator flashing, and after a while you will see it going back to green when the second battery kicks in.
I have an aftermarket on the grip, and the genuine on the body.

I would highly recommend, makes a huge difference.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2012 12:23 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6