Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

Night's Knights
Night's Knights
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Different Kind of Vampire Tale, And That's A Good Thing, October 16, 2011
This review is from: Night's Knights (Kindle Edition)
After listening to the Horror Addicts podcast, and hearing about the book over and over again, I bit the bullet and got Night's Knights for my Kindle.

The characters were very well written, with enough back story so that you knew about their flaws and foibles, but not so much as to drag the story down. All of the vampiric details are there: blood drinking, flying, ancient origins and powers. All of this was wonderful and just what I wanted from a vampire story.

But for me, there were some minor details that prevented me from giving it 5-stars. Having the vampires engage in physical love didn't seem right. The creatures aren't mortal, so this didn't seem proper to me. (slight spoiler alert) I know that Jespa says as much in the story, but for me to have the scene play out anyway didn't seem okay to me. The other was the ending. I won't give any details or spoilers here, but for me, it didn't feel as natural as the rest of the story. It's one man's opinion for sure, and I'm not knocking an entire novel over my personal feelings.

I would recommend any fan of the vampire genre to get this in whatever form you choose. It's a quick fun read, with action, sex, drama, love and violence for everyone. And listen to Horror Addicts. It's a riot!

Lifehacker: 88 Tech Tricks to Turbocharge Your Day
Lifehacker: 88 Tech Tricks to Turbocharge Your Day
by Gina Trapani
67 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of great tips, not a lot of jargon, January 30, 2007
I purchased Lifehacker after being an avid reader of the website for a couple of years. There had been some things showcased on the site, that I either couldn't find in the archives or was too busy (lazy) to research further. When author Gina Trapani released the book, I got it almost immediately. In it were the items that I had been looking for, as well as some new tips that I implemented, or intend to as soon as I can. There wasn't a lot of insider technical mumbo-jumbo. It's a well written, almost step-by-step account of how to make things a little easier for those who use computers, with out making it too difficult.