Profile for Redeye > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Redeye RSS Feed

iLLumiShield - Sony PS Vita PCH-2000 Screen Protector Japanese Ultra Clear HD Film with Anti-Bubble and Anti-Fingerprint - High Quality (Invisible) LCD Shield - Lifetime Replacement Warranty - [3-Pack] OEM / Retail Packaging
Offered by Talkie Tech, Inc.
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It's also pretty cheap for 3 of them, December 21, 2014
Went on well and I have no complaints about the quality. It's also pretty cheap for 3 of them... I always screw one up!

Anker 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It claims to provide the fastest recharge speeds but I've ..., December 6, 2014
Updated: 12/10/14

It claims to provide the fastest recharge speeds but I've used it on two Nexus 7's (2012) and a Nexus 4 and it is far slower than my Pwr+ 2.1amp wall charger found here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009STIJWA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

As an example I charged two identical Nexus 7's today and measured the speed of the charge going from 37% full to 51% full. The Anker 5 port took 1hr 14 seconds while the Pwr+ charger only took 21 minutes 43 seconds to provide the same amount of charge. The Anker is almost a full 3 times SLOWER.

If you're looking for a fast charge forget this thing.

Update: 12/10/14

I wanted to give this charger a fair chance so I order a "charge only" usb cord to use with my Nexus 7's (2012 models). With the special cord the charger provides a MUCH faster charge rate to the Nexus. With this cable I measured a 36% charge in only 54 minutes. If I compare the rate with the new cord to my PWR+ charger the Anker actually comes out ahead. The PWR+ charge came to about 39% per hour of charge while the Anker charge was roughly 42.5% per hour for my tablets.

Duracell Rechargeable AAA Batteries, 4 Count (Pack of 2) (Packaging May Vary)
Duracell Rechargeable AAA Batteries, 4 Count (Pack of 2) (Packaging May Vary)
Price: $18.70
8 used & new from $17.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I have Duracell AA/AAAs I've been recharging for years., May 5, 2014
I've had Duracell AAAs going all the way back to 2007 that still almost charge to full. If they drop in power I just cycle them through my La Crosse charger and they're back in business.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice., May 5, 2014
Very well padded and it fit the drive closely enough to allow no movement in the case. It would be nice if there were some other color options.

Pwr+ Extra Long 6.5Ft Ac Adapter 2.1A Rapid Charger for Google Nexus 7 9 10 Tablet S Phone; Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 4 7.0 Note 8.0 S2 S3 S4 S6 Edge Phone; Asus MeMo Pad, T100TA; HTC Power Supply Cord
Offered by RaptorTek
Price: $12.90
2 used & new from $7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Used with Nexus 7 32g 2012.. much faster than stock charger., May 5, 2014
I ordered this just to have another charger and for the longer cord. As a bonus it charges much faster because the Nexus recognizes it as an AC adapter rather than a USB connection.

You can check this yourself if you think your charger is slow. I use Battery Monitor Widget's status tab to see whether a particular charger says USB plugged or AC plugged. If yours says USB you NEED this charger!

The difference is huge as the USB connection gives around 1000ma of current while the AC connection type allows 1600ma+. If you play some games even plugged in with a USB connection your battery will still drain but with this adapter the battery will continue to gain charge.

EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale w/ 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $79.95
10 used & new from $49.95

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like it..., June 2, 2013
I was giving it some time because I really wanted to like this scale. It seem to be doing okay for a while but accuracy has just gone out the window in the last two weeks. I have two people set up in profiles 1 and 2 and every time we get on the scale it varies wildly and does so no matter what surface we set the scale on.

Some times it refuses to 0 itself out when we step on it to allow it to calibrate. Some times when we step on it and see it giving wild numbers that are 30-50lbs off we step off and it still locks in a lower weight as if some one lighter had stepped on it and remained long enough to be weighed. Even when it seems close to my correct weight I always do multiple weighs and it will vary a number of lbs. It can't even be consistently wrong in the same way!

I have of course tried new batteries, different surfaces, etc. to no avail. This scale is just plain defective and I've returned to my old $20 scale from Walmart. If I hadn't thrown out the box I would have returned it to Amazon.

Edit: I'm bumping the stars a bit on this because whether or not the scale worked the company has been very responsive and helpful. They have shipped a replacement and I'll see how it works then update again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2013 9:57 AM PDT

Fable III - Xbox 360
Fable III - Xbox 360
Offered by O' MY GAMES
Price: $9.44
481 used & new from $0.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, November 1, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable III - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
**Warning: A couple spoilers**

I want to give one spoiler up front but I think it's important to know if you're still going to buy Fable 3. After you become king it makes you work through a 365 day year BUT it doesn't tell you that last chance you have to make decisions is on day 112. I had millions in gold at that time in my first play through and it was WASTED because I didn't know I wouldn't get another chance to transfer it into the kingdom treasury.. of course millions died because of it and I felt it ruined my game. You can't go back because it autosaves and if there's a way to have more than 1 save I haven't seen it yet.

I'll start with the only good thing I have to say about Fable 3. The interplay with Elise and our child was a nice little roleplay feature and the only reason I give even 2 stars. Elise and Abby I will remember and miss, for the rest I've already printed the trade-in label to send this dog to a new owner.

Now then, I found Fable 3 extremely disappointing. Everything talked about in all the prerelease hype was true... from a certain point of view.

Entertaining big name voices?

The only one I really paid attention to was John Cleese "Jarvis". Why? Because practically every time I "popped" into my hideout (and you do it for everything from clothing to weapons to quick travel) he was hawking DLC instead of helping me save this world I'm supposed to be so "immersed" in. He sounded more like a used car salesman than a butler, "Sir I believe there's a new outfit in the store", "Sir some new items seem to be available in the store." By the time I finished the game.. for the second time.. I was ready to kill Jarvis and John Cleese too.

Interesting combat choices?

If by interesting you mean the biggest decision was how long to hold down the B button to area effect fireball every enemy then I guess it was interesting. The second play through I didn't use magic at all and the decision became how many times should I roll like Sonic the Hedgehog before popping up to take a shot or swing at ever how many creatures my rolling was making dizzy.

The story?

Who cares? Politically correct claptrap! Save the lake, save the marsh, watch over the people because they can't watch over themselves. As some of the other reviews have stated the first time through I wasn't prepared for needing 10,000,000 GOLD to buy everyone out of trouble. So, when the swelfare people came calling they didn't care that I was saving them from impending doom and needed a little gold to do so. On the good side buying every property in the game on the second play through made me so rich that I bought everyone as well. They all loved me. After the endgame event I could just bump into anyone on the street and they would instantly give me guild seals and promote themselves to my friend whether I wanted another friend or not.

The biggest effect on saving the kingdom was making a few pies then buying all the property in the game and waiting for hours while the gold poured in. As in real life those with the gold make the rules.. in their favor.. and are still loved for it.

The moral choices?

Not all they're cracked up to be no matter what choice you make. First play through I saved the crowd not the girl, got nothing for it. The second I saved the girl not the crowd and she married someone else when I had to leave the castle. On the good side they do allow you to become a home wrecker and get her to leave the other man for you.. but my having 9,000,000 gold at that time somewhat painted her as a gold digger in my mind.

That being said she was the only time I married during the game in no small part because ALL the other "Girls of Albion" looked like they should be eating ALPO. We did have a child which was interesting but if you playing for the "mature" content there really is none. The screen goes black, you get some random bed squeaks, a few comments that you can hear in normal conversation too, and then the lights turn back on. I suppose in the consideration of "immersion" the girl is normally gone immediately after so I suppose not having to pay them to leave is a plus.

With the booze, the women, the stds, etc. I did pull off a reasonable simulation of Charlie Sheen so I guess it can simulate real life after all.

No menus? Sorry there are still menus.

You buy property and chose weapons and clothes through menus. You have to repair any houses you buy and rent out.. through menus. You can't see weapon stats other than.. through menus. I also had one bug that froze the game while relocating the family home. The result? I now have the old family home back and I've lost all control of the new one. I can't sell it, can't rent it out, can't repair it, nothing.

Living weapons? "Use your weapon and it will transform!"

B.S. There are specific miniquests attached to each weapon. If you don't do the specific mini-quests the weapon never changes. For example the "whack-a-mole" quests like kill 300 hollow men, kill 150 mercenaries, kill 40 nobles, etc etc. The hero weapons are the same except they don't tell you what the quests are nor what or if any features are added when the unlock occurs. The only time I saw a weapon transform was each time I opened a new melee "chest" on the "road to rule" with my experience poin.. wait Fable 3 got away from experience points to use something waaaay better.. guild seals.. which are the same thing. Also had a bug here where some weapons never opened their new powers after the mini quest was completed and then some.

P.S. speaking of the dog... watch him he's on drugs. He barks then walks in circles for 10-15 seconds before actually walking to the treasure/dig site. Especially funny at the lake as he dives into the water then shakes himself dry over and over.

P.P.S if you want to be good.. don't approve the drinking law. It's hard to be an angelic being walking through your towns when there are drunks staggering and throwing up all over your streets.. remember kids people can't be trusted to act like adults so it's politically incorrect to let people decide when to use alcohol without big brothers guidance.

One last spoiler.. wtf can't you kill Reaver? He was the only character I wanted to kill as much as Jarvis.
Comment Comments (26) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2010 9:30 AM PST