Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for Marg Ruttan > Reviews

Browse

Marg Ruttan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 109

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marg Ruttan "Marg Ruttan" RSS Feed (Edson, Alberta, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
21 Ways to Save Time and Money Cooking Vegetarian Recipes (Ultimate Guide to Vegetarian Cooking Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great Book!, April 29, 2012
I hope that people who are not vegetarians also buy this book. I'm certainly not a vegetarian and I found all kinds of useful information in this book. It has great tips and ideas not only on saving money but also saving time. I found the information on growing herbs and stocking up on groceries to be especially helpful. There was far more information in this book than I expected. There are actually pages on how to cook beans and which ones require how much cooking, for example. It amazed me to read that.

Shelley's vegetarian cookbooks are awesome and this book is a great compliment to those books.

If you want to save time and money in your kitchen, get this book. It doesn't matter if you are a vegetarian or not. The information in this book will be well worth the price.

International Best Selling Cookbook Author

How To Decorate Cupcakes (Cake Decorating for Beginners Book 2)
How To Decorate Cupcakes (Cake Decorating for Beginners Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Now I Know How to Decorate Cupcakes, April 29, 2012
While I've made plenty of cupcakes, I've never decorated them in a fancy way. I've always just iced them with regular icing. Now I can do some pretty neat things when I ice cupcakes. This book has clear instructions on how to go about decorating cupcakes instead of just icing them. My granddaughter will be happy about this as she loves cupcakes and I'm sure she'd love them even more if they were nicely decorated.

There is actually far more information in this book than I expected. There is a thorough explanation about the various types of icing and how to use them. There are instructions on how to make different piping designs and more. It's great!

If you want to learn some pretty interesting ways to decorate cupcakes you need this book. I highly recommend it.

International Best Selling Cookbook Author

Mouthwatering Soups From Il Bel Paese (Italian Cuisine Book 3)
Mouthwatering Soups From Il Bel Paese (Italian Cuisine Book 3)
Price: $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Bryan Has Written Another Winner, April 25, 2012
If you love Italian food or soups, this book is a must have to add to your cookbook library. With a whole list of Italian soups Bryan has created a cookbook that is bursting with flavorful recipes. The first recipe I tried was the Cioppino (Fish Stew), because we love seafood. It was delicious, and not only that, it was easy to make.

I have now also made the Creme de Cavolfiore (Cream of Cauliflower) and it was just as fabulous as the Fish Stew was. Both these recipes are fairly low in carbohydrates so the work well for me as I'm following a low glycemic eating plan.

The other recipes in the book look equally as delicious and I can't wait to try some more of them. I have all of Bryan's other books and this one is just as good as those others. It is brimming with great recipes so if you love soup, get this book!

International Best Selling Author

31 Sensational Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (Tastefully Simple Recipes)
31 Sensational Cold Pasta Salad Recipes (Tastefully Simple Recipes)

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Salad for Every Day of the Month, April 25, 2012
This book has some really interesting salads, some of which I had never seen. After reading the book I have found several salads that I want to try. I have made the Sun-dried Tomato, Ham and Sweet Corn salad and it was delicious. I'm following a low glycemic eating plan so I just used half the pasta called for and added a bit of extra ham and corn. The flavor was great and everyone loved the salad.

Next I plan to make the Smoked Salmon and King Prawn Pasta Salad. It looks like it will be really tasty. After that I'll have to pick another one to try, but that will be no hardship!

I really like that this book has some unique recipes in it and yet they are simple and not complicated. It has great variety and offers some interesting new ways to combine ingredients to make a salad.

Loved this book!

International Best Selling Cookbook Author

Fruit Is Not Dessert: Rich Low-Calorie Desserts (Scrumptious Low-Calorie Recipes Cookbook Book 1)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like quick and easy recipes this book is for you!, April 23, 2012
This book has some great recipes. Every one is really quick and easy and takes a minimum of work. Many use cake mixes in them, which I have no problem with. In today's busy world, women need all the extra time they can get. These recipes make baking a snap and I appreciate the time they save.

There is a good variety of recipes as well. From cakes to pies to puddings and more. I am using a low-glycemic meal plan at the moment so I wouldn't be able to make a few of the recipes. However, the Homemade Low-Fat Brownie recipe has a low glycemic index and I was able to try it out. The brownies were delicious and I felt like I was having a real treat! It's a great recipe.

From reading the rest of the recipes I think they will be tasty as well.

If you're in a hurry, you'll enjoy this book.

International Best Selling Cookbook Author

Love Of Cooking: Main Dishes (Love of Cooking: Volume I Book 5)
Love Of Cooking: Main Dishes (Love of Cooking: Volume I Book 5)
Price: $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Cookbook from Maggie Brooks, April 20, 2012
I have all of Maggie's cookbooks and this one is just as good as the other three. These recipes are easy to follow and there is a real variety from beef to chicken to seafood and more.

I must admit I have only made one of the recipes so far. However, it was awesome! I have had to start eating low carb for my health so I chose the Crab Cakes with Mustard Sauce. That way I could have a bit of carbs but not too many. This recipe was delicious. Easy to make and it didn't take much time either. But best of all the flavor was super.

Being a cookbook author myself I am fortunate in that I can take a look at a recipe and get a fairly good idea of whether or not it will be good. I have read every recipe in this book and I am confident that they will all make tasty and enjoyable meals. I hope that if you are looking for a cookbook with main dishes in it that you will get this one. It's a winner!

Tomato Container Gardening: 7 Easy Steps To Healthy Harvests from Small Spaces
Tomato Container Gardening: 7 Easy Steps To Healthy Harvests from Small Spaces

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Information in this Book, April 1, 2012
For years my husband and I had a garden and we grew tomatoes, among many other vegetables. We both loved those fresh tomatoes. In recent years we have been living where we had no garden space so could no longer grow our tomatoes. This book has changed all that. We will be planting some container tomatoes this spring and I can hardly wait to get them in the containers.

This book provides me with all the information I need to grow tomatoes successfully in containers and it has a few wonderful tomato recipes as well. If you have any interest in growing tomatoes, get this book. It will provide all the information you need to make your tomato growing venture a success.

Meals Under $10 - 51 Delicious Meals That Won't Break The Bank
Meals Under $10 - 51 Delicious Meals That Won't Break The Bank
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Excellent Recipes, March 26, 2012
After reviewing this book I can say that I think it has some excellent recipes. I made the American Comfort Meatloaf this evening for our supper and it was delicious. It had a wonderful savory flavor and I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did my husband. Several days ago I made the Tuna Casserole with Potato Chip Crust and we enjoyed that as well. It is easy to make and certainly constitutes a meal in one dish.

I can't really comment on the whole question of whether these meals can be made for under $10.00 because what it costs to buy a certain item here in western Canada is totally different from what it would cost in eastern Canada or in any part of the USA, so I think that is a question of time, place and price. I do think that any of these recipes could be made for a fairly reasonable price and probably most wouldn't be over $10.00 in most places.

I love the simplicity of these recipes and found them easy to make and easy to read. I could tell from the ingredient list and the instructions whether they would be time-consuming or not and I think most would be fairly quick to make.

If you are looking for some solid recipes that your whole family will enjoy I highly recommend this book.

International Best Selling Cookbook Author

Best Brunches and Breakfasts (Easy Recipes from Scratch Book 3)
Best Brunches and Breakfasts (Easy Recipes from Scratch Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Cookbook, March 26, 2012
What can I say about this book except that it has some fabulous recipes and some even more awesome photos of those recipes? I love that these authors provide photos of almost every recipe. It makes it so easy to see what the recipe will look like when it's finished.

As to the recipes themselves, I had a hard time deciding which ones to try out. I really liked the Bacon and Egg Hash Brown Cups one so decided to try it. All I can say is...scrumptions! That is one superb recipe and it's so easy to make and tastes so good. My second choice was to try the Scalloped Potato recipe for our supper tonight. It was easy to make and oh-so-good. I love potatoes, and especially scalloped potatoes, so it was a no-brainer for me to try it out. I was not disappointed I can assure you. What a wonderful dish to serve along with sliced ham or meatloaf. I actually served it wil a meatloaf recipe from another cookbook I'm reviewing so that worked out well.

This book has some wonderful recipes and I will definitely use it again. And the book is worth buying just for the photos alone. They are fabulous!

32 Delicious Low-Fat Dessert Recipes Under 250 Calories
32 Delicious Low-Fat Dessert Recipes Under 250 Calories

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Desserts, March 26, 2012
Any cookbook that has dessert recipes that are bursting with flavor and are also guilt-free is a winner for me. I love desserts and I'm especially happy when I find a cookbook with great recipes that are not stuffed with calories. This cookbook delivers that in spades. My hubby loves carrot cake so I made this cake for him and he loved it. And I must admit, I loved it too. It is moist and full of flavor and just plain wonderful.

I also tried one of the lighter type of desserts, the Honey Fruit Medley with Toasted Almonds. This is yummy. It is so full of flavor and it is also so light. The toasted almonds just adds a delightful touch that makes this one of those desserts that is crafted to perfection. I will definitely make this again!

Now that I've tried two of these recipes and found them so good I will definitely come back to this book and try others. It is a wonderful book and I highly recommend it. And best of all, the photos of each of the recipes is a real bonus. This is a winner!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11