Profile for jmg > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jmg "jmg" RSS Feed

Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914900
Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914900
Price: $138.98
58 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, May 20, 2014
So far so good! I read a TON of reviews before finally decided on the lower price point machine. There were so many people with negative experiences with carpet cleaners across the board, I figured it was silly to spend more money to have it last the same amount of time as a less expensive model.

The "SteamVac" moniker is a misnomer since it doesn't have a built-in heater. I knew this prior to my purchase and decided I had no problem heating the water (and mixing the detergent) myself before filling the clean water tank. Sometimes the less is more philosophy is better, and models with a built-in heater just have more parts that could potentially break.

I like the separate clean & dirty water tanks so much better than bladder system I've used with the Bissell ProHeat 2X. Also, filling & emptying both clean & dirty water tanks is easy.

Since the clean water tank holds 1 gallon, I suggest heating up a pot of water of the stove while you are cleaning so it will be ready to go when you need a refill. I went the microwave route at first, but didn't have enough large measuring cups. It seemed much quicker to heat the water on the stove. Also, be sure not to get the water TOO HOT because you are pouring it into a PLASTIC water tank. You don't want to melt the tank with boiling water!

This model came with a nozzle cleaning tool - just a long thin piece of black plastic - very handy. The Bissell ProHeat 2X desperately needed a tool like this to clean the carpet fibers out. Also, the Hoover SteamVac did not leave big wads of carpet fibers all over the floor which was a problem with the Bissell ProHeat 2x.

I haven't used the attachment tools yet, but when I do, I'll update my review. It's so nice to have clean carpets again! There is something satisfying about pouring out all that dirty water. And, my carpets dried within 2 hours.

Stone Grip - Floor Non Slip - Tile and Floor Treatment Quart
Stone Grip - Floor Non Slip - Tile and Floor Treatment Quart
Offered by SlipDoctors
Price: $36.95
2 used & new from $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up!, May 9, 2014
This is a great product! We have an older dog who slips & slides all over the tile floor. Luckily, we only have tile in a few places, but in the summer,those are his go-to spots to get cool, but then he can't get up very well. My husband applied this product to both our foyer, bathroom, and even small slope in the driveway that wasn't textured. The results were great and the tile doesn't look any different. We're going to be buying some more for the garage area. I don't recall the smell was too strong, but we did take precautions and open the windows and turn on the fans before applying - common sense for a chemical application.

Quilted Waterproof Mattress Overlay Pad - Extra Large Flat 36x72"
Quilted Waterproof Mattress Overlay Pad - Extra Large Flat 36x72"
Offered by Just Home Medical
Price: $27.99
2 used & new from $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but smells chemically., April 18, 2014
Good product - I use it to protect my couch from doggie dribbles. I got the extra long version and I love that it covers almost the entire length of my 8 ft couch. I tested the waterproofing using 1 cup of water and although it did not leak through (I only left the water on for less than 5 minutes), as some reviewers say, the liquid tends to "travel" around. Also, it smells very chemically. I've washed it two maybe three times and I can still get a whiff now and then. Also, the fabric gets very hot. Good in the winter, but not so good in warmer weather. My dog has since given up the couch with this cover for the cool tile, which somewhat defeats why I bought it in the first place and it's only 70 degrees outside.

USB Data Sync Cable For iPod, iPhone 2G 3G 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 2nd 3rd 4th Generation iPod Nano 4th 5th 6th Gen All iPhone, iPod Models Compatible, White (6 Feet)
Offered by Rothman - Ships From Hong Kong
Price: $3.04
4 used & new from $2.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, March 11, 2011
May 10, 2014
This update is LONG OVERDUE... I actually stopped using these cords a year or two ago. I think they lasted about a year.
Eventually, all of the cords (I bought 3 or 4) came loose from part that plugs into your phone. Bummer that they didn't last longer.

March 11, 2011
I agonized over which, if any, of these cables to purchase. There are so many negative reviews and comments on the 6 foot USB iPhone connector cables. But I decided to take a chance and I'm happy to report they all work just fine.

I ordered from the seller Shivser, but when I checked out, the seller name displayed as Tavas. The return address on the box also said Tavas. Because of all the negative product reviews, I wanted to order with a seller whose orders were fulfilled by Amazon.com so if the cables did turn out to be defective, the Amazon.com return policy would apply. I also decided to order four cables, just in case some were defective, I would have a better chance of getting one that works.

All four cables are new, 6 feet long, white (all what I ordered), and they sync AND charge just fine as far as I can tell. I tested all four cables on both an iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS.

All four cables were just a little tighter connecting to the iPhone data port than I'm used to, but as far as I'm concerned, that's a positive, not negative. It seems my phone is always falling off my nightstand and getting disconnected. Hopefully with a tighter connection, it will not get unplugged as easily.

It remains to be seen how long it takes to fully charge the phone from a nearly empty battery. Some reviews claim the phone appears to charge, but doesn't really, or charges sloooooowly. We shall see and I'll keep everyone posted.

And finally, I ordered using the Free SuperSaver Shipping and placed my order on Tuesday, March 8 at 10pm. By the next morning, my order had already shipped. The estimated delivery date was March 14-18, which would have been 6-10 calendar days. Much to my surprise, it arrived just 3 days later on March 11th! This has not been my experience with all Free SuperSaver Shipping offers, so I'm very happy to have received the cables so quickly.

Darice 1199-15 Candle Warmer, Large
Darice 1199-15 Candle Warmer, Large
Price: $7.02
22 used & new from $5.67

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, but could use a few tweaks, February 18, 2011
I like this item, but the cord is at least a 1.5 - 2 feet shorter than another electric warmer I have - makes it hard to use without an extension cord. Also, the on/off switch is not on the warmer itself, but 8-10 inches down the cord. It would be nicer if the on/off switch was on the warmer itself.