Profile for L. owens > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 68

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. owens "L.S.Owens" RSS Feed (Tennessee)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Orbit Baby Toddler Car Seat, Black
Orbit Baby Toddler Car Seat, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars If I Could Do Over I Would Always Have Orbits!!, August 3, 2011
My car seat journey started 11 1/2 years ago. I was told to get a Britax and I stuck with that until I just got my car seat last week and we love it! We replaced a Britax Advocate. So, the people that have said it is too big should try one of those, it needs it's own zip code! I am not convinced in the car seat that bigger is better! I sold her Advocate because with 4 in car seats it was just too big. I got a Britax Boulevard but then I saw the Orbit seats and got the infant. Started saving for the Orbit toddler but we were in a very minor fender bender the insurance of the person that hit me paid to replace my seats. Although they depreciated them even the ones I just bought, I got the Infant seat again, and the Toddler seat in Mocha because the black is not in stock. Turns out I love the mocha! Anyway, like all of the Orbit products it is great quality. I can not see myself getting this thing out to put on the stroller, that said it is a great option for people who fly!

What I love:

The Cut, Color, Quality! (Give me a new car seat or stroller over a diamond anyday!)
Love how easy it is to get securely fastened
Sun Shade is awesome, never thought of a need for one on a full size seat but we have large windows and the sun does beat in even though they have a slight tint!
Looks Cool
My daughter loves it, she does not struggle. Her only complaint has been that it doesn't have monkeys, the boys got Cleks!
The fabric is comfortable and NON-TOXIC, which I love
I love that I can put it on the stroller if I should ever get the urge!

Cons:
The Price, although it is not much different than the Advocate it just seems like all of their stuff is high! I should know I have ALL OF IT X 2. Except the bassinet, I just have one of those!
This is petty but I really don't like the little blue button on the seat. I tried to pull it off before I read the directions.

Unexpected Bonus:
I love the back cover that holds the instruction book and covers the straps!

I would buy again! Oh wait, I will when my youngest out grows her infant seat!

Now if they could just add that monkey, Hmmmm.............

P.S. I have posted pictures of my two year old daughter in the seat!

Clek 2010 Oobr Booster Car Seat, Paul Frank Zoom Julius
Clek 2010 Oobr Booster Car Seat, Paul Frank Zoom Julius

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Seat! Very Satisfied!, July 31, 2011
I just got my seats on Saturday and my boys love them! I replaced my Britax Frontiers with these and was a little nervous about switching due to not having the 5 point harness. However, both of my boys fit the specifications for height and weight. They are both over 40 inches and one is 34 pounds and one is 37. The seat is cuter even in person. We did get the Paul Frank Zoom Julius. Really not sure it is worth that much extra money but ours were being replaced for us due to someone hitting my van thus voiding warranties on my existing car seats. One of which was an Orbit that was only 3 weeks old, OUCH! Anyway, my boys were so excited, only problem is my middle daughter (who is 2) wants a monkey seat. She got the Orbit Toddler. I only have latch in my front row, so the other 2 rows just have the shoulder and lap belts, so although I would love to utilize the latch, I have my to youngest latched in the front seat.
Pro's:
Love the Fabric, Love the bright clean white of the seat sides (hope it stays that way)
My boys are excited about getting in their car seats instead of wanting to sit on the seat like their big brother and sister.
Con's:
Price
Possible Con:
wondering how the fabric will hold up in to washing in case of "accidents" or spills.

Sunshine Kids Travel - Bag
Sunshine Kids Travel - Bag
Offered by CapitalKidz
Price: $24.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Stroller Bag For Orbit, July 25, 2011
I just got this bag for my Orbit stroller because I refuse to pay 180.00, especially when I have two! I just unpacked it so I will have to update with durability but for now I love it. I guess I did not read the description, I though it was a double stroller bag but when it came it said car seat bag. Grrrr. I should read! But, I took it out of the bag and it is huge, so I thought what the heck I will try it. It fits my Orbit. I do have to press down a little on the left side to zip but the zipper does not seem stressed at all. I don't fly, I don't know any sane person with six children, (four under 5 who does). If any of you do let me know how that works for you! Anyway, I wanted it to keep it protected in my van. I want it to stay nice and we live on a gravel road in the country and there is no telling what animal gets in my trunk from time to time. (besides the children) Anyway, I had this unpacked from my Amazon box and on my stroller in less than five minutes! It is 98 degrees outside I wasn't going to spend much time. It fits and I am thrilled. I can also stack them if I ever need to get extra things in my van. I am uploading pictures now! Oh, as a side note, I do drive a 15 passenger van so I probably have a bit more trunk room than the average vehicle :)

Orbit Baby Sidekick Stroller Board, Natural Wood
Orbit Baby Sidekick Stroller Board, Natural Wood
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $120.00
3 used & new from $120.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, July 23, 2011
I just got my second Orbit G2 yesterday and the sidekick. We took it out for a spin last night and all I could think of was GENIUS! Way to think outside the box Orbit. I ordered another one today so we don't have to fight over which one of the "little" Big Boys gets to ride it! I would love to see them not quite so pricey as I already had to sell everything I own to get the Travel system as well as another stroller system. But, it is what it is and these are totally worth it. With two strollers I can tote 4 kids, 3 on one if I want, or an extra on each!

Pro's
I just love it
It's cool
The boys dig it
Great way to tote tired little ones without them having to be in a stroller
Con's
Pricey.....like everything else Orbit!

Get one, you won't be sorry!

Orbit Baby Stroller G2, Black
Orbit Baby Stroller G2, Black
Offered by Pampered Tot
Price: $820.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I am in LOVE, July 23, 2011
I am absolutely over the moon for my new Orbit G2's. I got one and then got a second. I read every review on every site before making this purchase. It was a HUGE decision. I have a bit of a stroller fetish and I love new and cool but the price on these is pretty prohibitive for my budget. However, my Skate was getting a little bulky and I wanted to try something new. (My husband calls it the stroller of the week) But, this one is a keeper! I ordered the car seat first and I love it. I will review that one next but this one is for the stroller. We actually have a double jogger In-Step, a single jogger the Contours, which I also love, cheap in price but not in quality or function. I have owned several joggers as well. We live in the country on a 1/8 mile gravel, rutted road that has a steep hill at both the road and the house end. We decided to take it out last night just to see what it would do, my 4 year old son wanted to try the SideKick and it had just gotten dropped off. So, with two of the younger ones in bed (and my husband staying behind lest anyone feel the need to call social services!) The 4 remaining and I headed out for our adventure. This stroller blew my mind when it worked almost as well as my jogger on the gravel. Only difference being when we stopped it had trouble getting back in a groove without the wheels getting all squirrely. But, when we didn't pause it worked great. When we got to the paved road and I used paved loosely we let down the SideKick. My four year old was so excited. He thought that was just about the coolest thing ever! So did my big kids 10 and 11. They wanted to ride but exceed the weight limit so that was a huge NO! I don't think I will use this as an everyday stroller for the home walks because I don't want to wear out the wheels on the gravel off roading but it performed beyond expectation.
What I love:

It looks cool
I love the one handed fold
It is not too heavy
Love that it works with the car seats, stroller seats and bassinet. (Although the Skate is the bassinet and stroller seat and works with the car seat.) Although with the Orbit you don't have to keep up with adaptors which I find a huge plus.
Love the way that the fabric insert pops right out for washing and that if I want to spend the money on the color pack I can!
Love Love Love the SideKick attachment.
Plenty of room in the stroller seat, my three year old tried it out (due to a little accident and no shoes but that is for another day) and it even had the infant insert in it and he was still comfortable. (his nickname is tubs if that gives you any ideas!)
Love the shade it is a monster and so light weight. I do wonder if it will be too bright on a sunny day but I can always do the color pack!
Insert has a warm side and a cool side, I love that!
Material is very nice and wipeable, don't ask why we already know that when it is only a day old but I have six kids 4 under 5.......need I say more!

I will update the pro's list when I have had it more than a day!

The Price
I would love it if it had a jump seat option somehow so that I didn't need two whole strollers. I know most families have 1.5 or 2.1 kids but we have 6 so.......that option or a twin stroller option would be great! Love the Sidekick but I want the 2 year old in a seat and not jumping off the board when we are shopping!
and lasty I would have to say the Price. I had to Ebay everything but my firstborn for this set and I considered that..JUST KIDDING! But that said, it was worth it. I am picking up the bassinet cradle G2 second hand because my youngest is already 3 months and won't be in it very long but I want to have it incase we have another addition.

So, to cap it off if you can swing it this is the Ultimate stroller experience, if you can't afford it???? SELL SOMETHING! It is totally worth it and you have less clutter! LOL!

I will add pictures later!

Space Bags BR59112-3 Vacuum-Seal Bags, Set of 2, Extra Large
Space Bags BR59112-3 Vacuum-Seal Bags, Set of 2, Extra Large
2 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds a Ton of Baby Clothes, July 22, 2011
I love the space saver bags. They hold so much. I have been using large clear plastic totes, one per size, per sex and sometimes per season. My house was being over run with totes. I have not finished but am so happy I wanted to go ahead and write the review. I filled my keeper bag with both girls and boys items from preemie to 12 months. This is where I keep all of the special, going home, picture and just favorite outfits that also get passed down to each new child. (There are six). Everything fit with no problem. Then I did one with 6-9 and 9-12. Both of these included a lot of winter sleepers and some bulky winter items and I was able to turn three totes into two bags. I still need to find a good place to keep them where they won't get punctured but I am thrilled with the cutting down of size. The height is about 1/3 of my large Target tote and the length is just a little bit longer. I will post pictures when I am done! I will update if necessary but so far I am in Love.

Puj Tub - Soft Infant Bath (white)
Puj Tub - Soft Infant Bath (white)
Offered by Simple Distribution
Price: $44.99
15 used & new from $40.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, July 15, 2011
I just got the Puj Tub yesterday and today was my baby's first "real bath" by herself. She has taken one with my oldest daughter and we have given her sponge baths but mostly we take her in the shower. Which requires one person to hand her in, one person to do the showering and the other to get her out again. She is my sixth baby so I have tried and gotten rid of every type of tup there is pretty much. Big plastic, small sling, I have not tried the Pod tub but after seeing one, just didn't love it. What I dislike so much about the big plastic ones is that they are.....well, big and plastic. I don't have anywhere that I can easily store that big thing. So, I have gotten one with each baby and then given it away when they outgrew it. I never like the sling ones, although I have purchased 3 or 4 to remind myself why I don't like them. So, I did some research and found the Puj. I did they two day shipping and got it yesterday, so day was moment of truth time...........I LOVE IT!
PRO'S
It is not big and plastic
It fit's in my sink, I am uploading pictures because I have a vessel sink and was a little concerned
Water is continuously draining at a nice pace but leaves enough water to bathe baby and keep baby warm
When you are done, rinse and hang to dry
Con's
So far the only con is that I didn't get it three months ago. My baby was a preemie and a little on the small side for three months but I don't know how long she will fit in this sink.

I will update if there are any changes but so far, I am so happy with my purchase!

Boon Flair Pedestal Highchair with Pneumatic Lift, Cherry Seat/Coconut Pad
Boon Flair Pedestal Highchair with Pneumatic Lift, Cherry Seat/Coconut Pad

4.0 out of 5 stars Love It, Second One, July 13, 2011
I just received my second Boon Flair, the only other high chair I would consider would be Phil and Teds but I don't like that it does not have rollers.
The Pro's
It is easily wipeable, that is my favorite part. Fits my two, three and four year olds, they big little ones like to watch school videos in it. I expect the new baby will like it as well.
Rolls great!
Love the easy clean tray
It is wipeable, no grooves and crevices except the little horn between the legs, that can be unscrewed, pulled apart and thrown in the dishwasher and good as new!
Con's
I really would like if it leaned back because the two year old does sometimes fall asleep in it and I would like to put her in her other high chair and bring the new baby to the table with us if it leaned back.
If you have a white seat and your child eats spaghetti, it is done! No amount of bleaching, scrubbing or magic sponging is going to get it out.
Does not lock without moving on hardwood or tile.

Overall, I love it and have purchased two!

The Wet Brush Detangling Shower Brush, Colors Vary
The Wet Brush Detangling Shower Brush, Colors Vary
Offered by MI CASA
Price: $8.98
42 used & new from $8.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!, July 13, 2011
When I worked in the salon we would call hair like my daughters horse hair. But really, horse hair is much better! My daughter is 11 and brushing her hair has always been a nightmare. It is most of the way down her back. The top is straight and the underneath is curly. She brushes the top and will flip her head upside down and make a half hearted attempt at brushing the under neath. Leaving the middle looking like a big, gigantic dread lock. I took her to the salon last time I got my hair done since I am no longer working outside the home. It took the poor girl 30 minutes to brush through my daughters hair so she could shampoo it. I bought this on a whim at Kroger and it would not scan. They gave it to me for $4.99 which was the price of the next closet looking brush. After using the brush this morning, I am going back to buy a couple more. My daughter has a habit of loosing brushes and this one is PRICELESS!
I will post pictures of my daughters hair later so you may be amazed at what this brush gets through. I would recommend it 10x over and I have had countless brushes, most of them for professional use and none have held a candle to this brush. We used it on dry hair this morning because my daughter was going to Horse Camp, if it can get through her dry, matted, green from the chlorine at camp hair, it will be able to get through wet hair like a dream.
Do not hesitate to buy this brush, you won't be sorry.

Zoku Quick Pop Maker, White
Zoku Quick Pop Maker, White
Offered by MySecretPantry
Price: $50.99
13 used & new from $37.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoku Rocks, July 11, 2011
I love this popsicle maker. I throughly read all the reviews and almost didn't order it based on some of them But I decided to give it a try. Amazon has such a great return policy i decided I couldn't really loose.

I throughly read the directions, I went to the website and clicked on the blog, I made the Strawberry and I think lime but I just did strawberry I actually chilled my mix overnight and the container for two days. I filled exactly to the fill line, I was a little paranoid about not being able to get them out. I had five out of six children that had been waiting for two days for popsicles! I was able to make three batches in a shorter amount of time than what was described. Can't remember exactly the amount of time because with six children one of whom is a newborn, I haven't slept since then and therefore can't remember.

They came out great. I would love for it to be able to make six instead of 3 and so as soon as possible I will be ordering another one along with the container and extra sticks.

We used fresh picked berries, raw milk and a little bit of organic cane sugar and they were fabulous! What a great idea and no cheap plastic sticks that break off when you try to pull your popsicle out.

Can't wait to try more recipes.

Try it for yourself, it is a win win. If you love it, you get quick healthy popsicles, if you don't send it back and get your money back.

As a side note, communication with the seller was great!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7