Profile for David Zook > Reviews

Browse

David Zook's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3
Top Reviewer Ranking: 25,115,421
Helpful Votes: 34




Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reviews Written by
David Zook RSS Feed (Phoenix, Arizona)

Show:  
Page: 1
pixel
ESV Single Column Reference Bible (TruTone, Black)
ESV Single Column Reference Bible (TruTone, Black)
by Crossway Bibles
Edition: Imitation Leather
7 used & new from $108.01

20 of 20 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Great Translation with One Disappointment, May 7, 2007
I love the single column and the room for notes. As I have begun to take notes I have discovered that they only way my notes don't bleed through to the other side of the page is to write them in pencil. The pages are just too thin for any type of ink. That leads my to another concern...durability. With the pages so incredibly thin, everyday use will take its toll on the pages.

Hopefully, the guys at Crossway will correct it for the next run of this wonderful Bible.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2007 12:55 AM PDT


The Holy Bible: English Standard Version, Journaling Bible (Original, Black)
The Holy Bible: English Standard Version, Journaling Bible (Original, Black)
by ESV Bibles by Crossway
Edition: Hardcover
Price: $28.79
74 used & new from $24.77

2 of 3 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Great Translation, Lousy Layout, May 7, 2007
When I heard that Crossway was publishing a Journaling Bible, I got really excited because I love the translation. When I received my copy, I was very disappointed in the layout. The font is too small and each page has a double column of text with only one column for notes. I'm one of those who likes to underline and highlight the text, and write notes in the margins. There is no room on the inside margin to make any notes so you have to make them on the outside next to the second column rather than the first. This is not very helpful if you want to note something next to the first column.

In the next run, Crossway ought to consider increasing the font size and splitting the two text columns with the notes column thus one can make notes next to verses in either column, rather than just one.


A Guide to Biblical Hebrew Syntax
A Guide to Biblical Hebrew Syntax
by Bill T. Arnold
Edition: Paperback
Price: $24.04
63 used & new from $15.98

12 of 14 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A Simple and Comprehensive Guide, November 13, 2006
I have used this book extensively as I have exegeted the Hebrew text and it is fantastic. This guide is snap to use for about 95% of the questions I have regarding the text. The other 5% I use Walkte and O'Connor.


Page: 1