Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for demiangie > Reviews

Browse

demiangie's Profile

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

demiangie RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Trials of Apollo, Book 1: The Hidden Oracle
The Trials of Apollo, Book 1: The Hidden Oracle
by Rick Riordan
Price: $10.65
102 used & new from $9.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Inappropriate and disappointing...., May 19, 2016
I'll have to agree with the other one star reviews on here. My kids were looking crazy forward to reading this book and were so crushed when they started reading it. Why would homosexuality be touted over and over again in a book targeted for kids? Sexuality, traditional or not, is not a topic I choose to have my children read about in a fictional setting. Really wish we would have looked at the reviews before my kids got so let down. What a disappointment.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2016 9:13 PM PDT

Parrot MiniDrone Rolling Spider - White
Parrot MiniDrone Rolling Spider - White
Offered by BARGAIN BUDDY
Price: $68.78
39 used & new from $49.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, April 19, 2016
AMAZING!!!!!

Hand Held Shower Head Ulteri - Luxury Large 5'', Rainfall, Chrome Finish + 60'' Hose + Bracket & FREE: Teflon Tape
Offered by Alsanta
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $20.12

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST shower head ever!, January 17, 2016
I LOVE this shower head!! There are lots of settings and options to choose from--from the lightest mist to very heavy spray. But best of all, the water comes out of this so soft--not without lots of power and plenty of pressure, but the water itself must be aerated in some way that just makes it feel soft and misty, even when on a high setting. Honestly, I never would have guessed I'd be so excited about a shower head that I'd take the time to review it, but it really is that fabulous! My husband said it was super-simple to install and has no leaks or issues so far. I love that the hose is not plastic and doesn't feel the least bit cheap. So glad I chose this item out of all the ones I found on Amazon. Highly recommend!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2016 8:41 AM PST

Scott Naturals Tube-Free Bath Tissue, 32 Count
Scott Naturals Tube-Free Bath Tissue, 32 Count
Price: $25.57
12 used & new from $25.57

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, October 12, 2015
I accidentally bought this tube-free design during a hurried Walmart trip. Not only is the tube significantly narrower than any other brand I've bought, but this tubeless design is a joke. All of my rolls are smashed in the middle and impossible to get through the holder. Another example of a company trying to save money at the customers' expense and slapping a label on it to call it environmentally friendly. Not impressed.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Buyer Legends: The Executive Storyteller's Guide
Buyer Legends: The Executive Storyteller's Guide
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it for the framework, November 5, 2014
A book like this that talks about the intangibles is merely philosophical without application. The storytelling framework behind buyer legends gives this short read teeth.

Love at Any Cost (The Heart of San Francisco Book #1): A Novel
Love at Any Cost (The Heart of San Francisco Book #1): A Novel
Price: $9.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Inappropriate, forced physical intimacy and cavalier treatment of women's right to say "no", May 24, 2014
I really can't believe none of the other reviews I read mentioned what a jerk the hero is. SPOILER: only 17% into this book he physically forces himself onto the heroine completely against her will--not once, but twice in the same scene! And worse than the fact that he accosts her is the fact that she "responds" to the second forced kiss from this virtual stranger and obvious gold digger. As a Christian and mother who prays for her daughter to find a godly man, I was sickened by the scene--especially by the fact that she eventually gave into his second forced kiss after fighting it and trying to push him away. Perhaps it could be more appropriate and understandable if they had known each other well and she'd been fighting off feelings of just wanting to be friends. But that wasn't the case at all. They'd just met! What does that say about how Christian writers and publishers believe women should be treated? I was saddened and shocked and had to immediately put this book down. So disappointing!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2014 12:44 PM PDT

Pyrex Glass Storage Containers. (20 Piece Set).
Pyrex Glass Storage Containers. (20 Piece Set).
24 used & new from $25.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the set, but price way too high!, May 16, 2014
Love these storage containers, as they can go from fridge or freezer to microwave and dishwasher without worrying about a thing. I was hoping to order some more, but the price plus shipping makes it way too expensive. Walmart has the same Pyrex set for $25.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2015 6:17 PM PST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars for Excellent Crackers; Zero Stars for Ridiculous Price!!, April 7, 2014
Walmart carries delicious Van's crackers for under $3 a box. Can't believe this pricing!! But the crackers themselves are great, so if I see the pricing change I will change my rating to five stars.

OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5c Case, Retail Packaging, Black
OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5c Case, Retail Packaging, Black
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $24.47
6 used & new from $24.47

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL!, October 18, 2013
I've used and praised Defender cases since I purchased my first iPhone. Can't imagine how many people I've talked into getting one over the years, and it seemed like a no-brainer to get another one when I bought my iPhone 5c. Huge mistake! OtterBox completely CHEAPLY redesigned this case. It no longer has the protective areas that wrap around the phone on the front top and bottom--only the back and sides of your phone are now protected. The plastic screen protector is useless, as it is so loose on the phone that it makes a tapping sound against my phone screen when I attempt to use the keyboard. Seriously disappointed and do NOT recommend to anyone. Guess I am looking for a new case if anyone has any suggestions...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2014 11:33 AM PST

Daughter of Jerusalem
Daughter of Jerusalem
by Joan Wolf
23 used & new from $2.10

2.0 out of 5 stars Took way too many liberties, September 15, 2013
This review is from: Daughter of Jerusalem (Paperback)
Obviously this is a very talented writer. But talented or not, I am surprised at how many five star reviews this book received when the author strayed so far from the Biblical text. I don't know if there are just that many readers who do not know what the Bible says, or if they don't mind when a writer twists the Bible to try to make her characters look better, and really just changes Biblical history completely in some cases. As much as I wanted to like this, I was too disappointed in the blatant inaccuracies. Sorry.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4