Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

ASUS TF300TL-B1-BL 10.1-Inch 4G LTE Tablet (Blue) - AT & T
ASUS TF300TL-B1-BL 10.1-Inch 4G LTE Tablet (Blue) - AT & T
16 used & new from $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just highlights, January 3, 2013
This tab is no different from the regular tf300t(aside from the obvious lte part). I am writing the review from the tab with no dock. The asus keyboard is slow and cumbersome so i recomend turning the google keyboard to default. The only other thing i recomend is swype beta, works great. I actually bought this tablet from Best Buy expecting a regular 16Gb tf300t, no lte for $280 on sale. When i recived it, even the Best Buy guys didnt know this version existed. I recomend you do some serious considering about this version as the regularis much cheaper as of now. The ONLY bad thing i can find so far is my version with the US SKU does not get the Jelly Bean updte and in not sure it ever will. In my lap im amazed how fast it types. Becauseit isa virtual keyboard im sure there are plenty of mistakes i here. All in all very highly recomended. Parting comment, dontknow if its the lte version or what but it is actually clocked at 1.5Ghz, not a big deal to many but makes a difference but asi use it for gaming, its nice. Last thing i discovered while writing this review, this tablets Google or pure android keyboard has gestures on it, which is googles version of swype.

Update 1/12/13- So. I have knocked off a star because I managed to kill one. It is a software glitch in the asus software. I downloaded Beats audio drivers and tried to install because i saw good reviews and saw someone with a TF300T had reviewed it great. It went well, untill i had to reboot.It never boot. So now on the second one, typing with the new dock i just got, and love it. Definantly recomend it to anyone that prefers a mouse.

Update 1/19/13- I have now created a little docking aerea on my desk where i have a USB hub plugged into the dock. Android does support multiple devices being plugged into one usb port. But there is a small catch, it doesnt seem to want to recognize multiple storage devices. It will accept a mouse and a storage device, but not 2 different storage devices. Only slightly annoying. I am now using Chrome as it does support peripheral scrolling but i'm dealing without flash.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2013 5:09 PM PDT

Lowepro LP36352-PAM Photo Sport Sling 100 AW Backpack (Orange)
Lowepro LP36352-PAM Photo Sport Sling 100 AW Backpack (Orange)
Price: Click here to see our price
40 used & new from $43.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember What Your Buying, December 3, 2012
This is the best all day anywhere pack. At first I was really worried about this pack only having one strap. Honestly the only reason this pack won in the end was the color. But after a few all day trips with it to Colorado hiking and biking, it has proved VERY useful and VERY LIGHT. When the belt strap is adjusted correctly, as the same with the true backpack, the one strap makes no difference. I love carying this around as it attracts plenty of attention and is great in all types of outdoors. While on a full day trip, I would carry my Rebel XSi with a 18-55mm stock lens attached and either a base Canon 55-250mm or a 70-200 f4.0 L lens in the camera padded section. In the pouch most of the time it would be a gureilla pod and a true tripod along with a few lens hoods. This bag is also what worried me. What was listed above is ALL that will fit. If you own more camera accessories as I do, you WILL need either to forgo it for that day or get a Lowepro certified attachment. I'm still trying to find one large enough to fit my dang mongo phone.

Lenovo IdeaPad Z585 261729U 15.6-Inch Laptop (2.3 GHz AMD A10-4600M Processor, 6GB DIMM, 750GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium) Grey Metal

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than Expected, November 8, 2012
Where to start?

Nothing i can complain about so far. Audio is loud and crisp and really for a laptop sounds really good. Noticing a huge jump in audio quality out of the 3.5 mm headphone jack compared to my Kindle Fire and my Android phone. The keyboard is a lot better than the dell laptops I have seen and messed with in the stores. The keys are quiet and have a nice feel when depressed. Screen is average, no retina display, but does everything i ever want. Have yet to notice a single bit of lag doing anything. The Quad-Core and 6 Gb of RAM are much more than needed for what i'll ever do. Videos play without a hitch and considering its built in graphics and not a stand alone card, pretty good. The only disadvantage of this is only 5.43 Gb of RAM are acutely usable, but I still have yet to find anything that needs more than that. I'm considering upgrading to windows 8 and if that happens, I will update to speak of performance then. As of now there hasn't been anything I couldn't do besides one somewhat large thing(to me). I am a Ubuntu user, and for some reason I can not get it to boot on this computer. It will tell me it is installed but when i reboot, it doesn't do anything. I considered making it a 4 star computer for this reason, but for the average user, it doesn't make a bit of difference. If anyone has an idea as far as my problem, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2012 8:41 AM PST

Fotodiox Eyecup for Canon EOS Digital Rebel T5i, T4i, T3i, T3, T2i, T1i, XS, XSi, XTi, XT, 300D, 10D-60D 70D, 1D, 1D MkII, 1Ds MkII, 6D, 5D, 5D MkII
Price: $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, August 2, 2012
This is a compleatly new thing to me. It works very well and when using blocks MUCH more light than i expected. On to the interesting part, as this is an eye CUP and extends on all sides, it also blocks the sensor on my XSi and the screen wont turn off. I do know that on the T4i this is different and the sensor is on top but am still not sure it would work. But keep in mind, with the eye cup, the screen being on makes no difference as the cup clocks all of the screen light out.

Smith & Wesson SWFR2S Extreme Ops Knife with Coated Tanto Blade and Rubber Coated Handle, Black
Price: $19.28
62 used & new from $15.50

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 MINOR Flaw, August 2, 2012
Very, Very solid opening. There is no flicking your wrist and this thing popping open on you. It will not open in your pocket. Only flaw so far is that the screws to take the pocket clip off are allen keys(i believe) and so small i cant find an allen wrench small enough to fit. As this is a minor thing, and I'm sure I can find one small enough to fit at Home Depot or Lowes, no deductions. As i have only owned it for a few days and haven't gone camping with it yet, i can not attest to it's quality, but it seems very well built. As I have a fairly large hand, and this blade goes all the way across my palm(good measurement to see if the blade is too big for you), it might be a bit too large for some. When you get it the first day, just open and close it a little bit to loosen up the hinge. After a day of use it felt a lot better to open.

*Update*
~I have upon closer inspection, found the pocket clip and all other screws to be star bits. But in the past week I have come to appreciate the clip so no longer want to remove it.

Kindle Fire (Previous Generation - 1st)
Kindle Fire (Previous Generation - 1st)
154 used & new from $48.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device few flaws, April 28, 2012
I believe this is a truly great device and am in fact typing this review from it. When buying this tablet you have to rember that it is NO iPad. I think this a great device, but has one largish flaw. The RAM in this thing is only 512mb compared to the normal 1gb these days. I think it severely suffers because of this, but it is not that big of a deal. The only other thing so far that I wish was better was the OS. It just sometimes it too slow. When you buy the tablet, it gives you a welcome letter along with a link that says to report any comments or problems. I believe this is why I love amazon so much because they always want to make the buyers experience better. Parting comment, this device is SO much better when you have prime.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2012 8:44 AM PDT

Bose IE2 audio headphones
Bose IE2 audio headphones
Offered by Wizard-Electroland
Price: $99.95
7 used & new from $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ear buds i'vs had, March 7, 2012
I'm going to start by saying that when I originally got these it was because of the tips. I always hated the "In ear" that would hurt my ears(i have very small ear canals). I wanted ear buds because they are more portable and lighter. These ear buds meet everything I wanted. They are small, light, comfortable, and LOVE the sound quality. When having these in my ears, i'm hearing parts of music I never did until now. I am very happy with these as they have plenty of bass(sometimes excessive), great sound quality(standard BOSE clarity), and the great range.I am going back to Best Buy this weekend to do a side by side of these and the AE2 Bose over ear. Also, if you get these, make sure the tips are the correct size because i started with the small tips and now am using the medium and they are even better. Overall these are the best headphones yet.
P.S. These headphones from BOSE are MUCH better quality that ANY of the Beats By Dre and sound MUCH better also. If wanting the best, i recommend the BOSE Quiet Comfort 15's but if you want great without a $300 price tag, I say these are better.
P.S.S Don't go buy these and after a day return them. Give it some time, and use them.

Motorola Triumph Prepaid Android Phone (Virgin Mobile)
Motorola Triumph Prepaid Android Phone (Virgin Mobile)
Offered by JJ's RealBuy
Price: $104.99
28 used & new from $45.75

5.0 out of 5 stars After a year+, October 10, 2011
I have now spent a over a year with this phone, and now know the downfalls and its strong points. Yes, it has a 1 GHz processor, but it is not dual core. Lacks a certain umph because of the 512mb of RAM. Now, there is one thing that is annoying about this phone. It seems to lack the ability to wirelessly tether. I absolutely HATE the stock Android 2.2 on this phone, and with no OFFICIAL new Android updates ever coming, I decided to try some ROM's. So far, I have only liked 2 of them.

Froyocream Sandwich ROM (Android 2.2 based)*Hence Froyo

This is still Android 2.2 yes, but because it is 2.2, all things still function on this phone. With any other version of Android(2.3+) the HDMI output wont work, and Android 4.0 the camera is not working as of now(hard at work fixing though). This is a 2.2 build, but if you have ever tried to put a theme on your phone via a launcher, this is almost the same, but better because it is built into the OS. It looks like 4.0(in ways), and though it isn't as good as the real thing, it has more features than the stock ROM.
[...]

Codename Android (Android 4.0)*Personal favorite and current ROM on my phone

This is a full version of Android 4.0(from the Galaxy Nexus). It has the best multitasking by far and just seems to be the smoothest. As mentioned before, the camera as of NOW does NOT work. The guys that have made this ROM are hard at work fixing this though. I think this is the best ROM because it is so slick and smooth. This ROM also has one of the best battery lives of all i have tested so far.
[...]

Remember that this CAN damage your phone. Follow all instructions on the site, and you are less likely to do damage.
Lastly, to do anything of this sort, you MUST HAVE Clockwork MOD.(google it)You also need a Micro SD card
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2011 2:13 PM PDT

JBuds J3 Micro Atomic In-Ear Earbuds Style Headphones with Travel Case (Electric Blue) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THEM, but, February 20, 2011
i love these ear buds, but they will not stay in my ears. they seem too curved to hold in. The sound quality is very good and everytihng else is. its also nice that there is 4 sizes of earpices but i cant get them to stay in.

H&K MP5 Navy Dual Power Airsoft Rifle airsoft gun
H&K MP5 Navy Dual Power Airsoft Rifle airsoft gun

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, for beginers, October 31, 2010
This product is just fine. Everything worked well. At first. Then it started to jam constantaly and the mag was begning to jam as well. After you clear the jam it works just fine till it jams again. I recomend the UTG version if you can afford a $109.00 ticket. It comes with two HI-Cap mags and interchangeable stocks. Im not sure if amazon sells it but i know airsplat or hobbytron will.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2011 10:36 AM PDT