Profile for Philip Bateman - Bravo Charlie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Philip Bateman - Bravo Charlie RSS Feed

Naked Filmmaking: How To Make A Feature-Length Film - Without A Crew - For $10,000-$6,000 Or Less Revised & Expanded For DSLR Filmmakers
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best investment I have ever made, October 30, 2013
I jumped into the video content revolution four years ago as I firmly believe it to be the modern form of storytelling. Through BravoCharlie.tv I have built a successful business on the premise, teaching myself 'film' in the process and directing-filming-editing two to three hundred two to ten minute pieces of content live to YouTube in the process.

In the 2012/2013 new year break I attended 'summer film school' for 19 days including cinematography units showing how to use whole crews of AC's, gaffers, grips - the entire 'Hollywood' method, after which I picked up my flight case of DSLrs, Zoom H4 and mics, vintage Canon FD and Nikkor lenses care of Ebay, LED panels, tripod and pc laptop editing with Edius and went back to independent content production.

So what..? This book is a concise, entertaining and inspiring distillation of the high and low points I have spent thousands of hours both working and researching to discover AND I have learnt a tremendous amount reading it. It cuts through the Hollywood big budget processes I encountered at film school and gives realistic, achievable methods for making emotionally engaging, good looking film.

BUY this book. READ this book. MAKE your content - The world is waiting for our stories.

Thank you for inspiration and hard won experience Mike.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2014 1:20 PM PDT