Profile for aj > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 65

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

aj RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Murder 101: A Decker/Lazarus Novel (Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus Series Book 22)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, as usual..., March 11, 2015
Faye Kellerman's books with Peter Decker are always good. . This one is no exception. Loved the art focus.

Water Pik Ultra Pik Pocket Replacement Tips
Water Pik Ultra Pik Pocket Replacement Tips
Offered by Wiki Deals
Price: $10.35
14 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement tips seem better qualiy than my previous ones., November 25, 2014
I needed this particular Water Pik tip as the ones I had previously used wore out--they sprang leaks.

Critical Mass: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels Book 16)
Critical Mass: A V.I. Warshawski Novel (V.I. Warshawski Novels Book 16)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Plot keeps you guessing all the way to the end ..., November 13, 2014
Plot keeps you guessing all the way to the end!

Clarks Women's Kessa Mabel Ankle Boot,Black,9 M US
Clarks Women's Kessa Mabel Ankle Boot,Black,9 M US
Offered by ShoeMetro
Price: $71.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Clark's, November 8, 2014
I am never disappointed by Clark's shoes/boots. The quality and style are always terrific. I saw boots in a Clark's store window on Oxford St., London. Wanted a pair of ankle boots--but I couldn't rationalize the high price. Soo, I went on line and got a pair I liked at a reasonable price.

Teva Women's Tirra Sandal,Black/Grey,9.5 M US
Teva Women's Tirra Sandal,Black/Grey,9.5 M US
Price: $79.95
16 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars They are SOO Comfortable!, July 20, 2014
I had a pair of bright pink Tirras bought last year. Pleased with them I ordered two other pair recently, in other colors. I have had only rwo pair of Tevas that I found I didn't care for. I think I got the wrong size. Anyway, I am a confirmed Teva fan, as they fit, are comfortable, and wear for years.

Our House in the Last World
Our House in the Last World
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray for the author, July 20, 2014
A wonderful book, well-written and poignant as we follow the trials and tribulations of a family of Cuban immigrants in the U.S. Also included are life and customs in Cuba, both before the family came to this country and after too. I was happy to learn that the youngest of the children became a writer and it is he whom we can thank for this illuminating memoir.

Last Train to Istanbul: A Novel
Last Train to Istanbul: A Novel
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Terrific Story Based on Facts, July 4, 2014
I actually bought this E-book, something I don't usually do. I was looking up reviews of another book before downloading it and saw that one of the the reviewers had written about this one. So, I investigated further and decided I couldn't do without it. It is quite well done! Well worth my $5.99. Good writing with pertinent details about Turkey and the World War II era. This novel filled in a gap of my knowledge about what was going on in Turkey during this time period. I especially liked the political details. The characters are real and believable. This was a scary time with the Gestapo and the Jews in France, where some of the action takes place. I shall look for the other book the author has written, Farewell.

The Cirque
The Cirque
by Martin Van Pelt
Price: $10.72
11 used & new from $2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Descriptions,Outstanding Writing, Exciting Plot, June 6, 2014
This review is from: The Cirque (Paperback)
I won't repeat the story line as others have already done so. The writing is excellent with vivid descriptions, the characters three-dimensional so that I could be wherever the author described and I knew the people he portrayed very well. Each sentence was well crafted and carried the reader along and into the plot. It was an outstanding plot until I got to the end when it seemed as if the author may have been in a hurry to finish the novel--several things were not clear to me: why did one of the two main characters show up at the ranch and how did the money get out when the officials rescued our two heroes. Also, I wondered about the wife described in the main part of the book and not mentioned in the end story. I thought that perhaps it was that I missed some things, but when I discussed it with a friend she had the same reactions. Despite these glitches, I thought The Cirque an outstanding book and that the author had a wealth of knowledge of airplanes and hiking in the Colorado Rockies. I hope he'll contact me to clarify. I'd give it 4 and half stars...maybe 4 and three-fourths?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 12:07 PM PDT

Night of the Assassin: (Assassin Series Prequel)
Night of the Assassin: (Assassin Series Prequel)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first in the series, March 25, 2014
A well-done thriller which was not predictable. It kept moving the story forward with no padding. I learned a lot about the drug cartels and drug importation in that part of Mexico. In addition, when the real live news about a cartel leader was recently broadcast, I better understood the implications--just from reading this book.

Greatest Clicks: A Dog Photographer's Best Shots
Greatest Clicks: A Dog Photographer's Best Shots
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful photos, March 25, 2014
The photographer is a talented one and his dog portraits are lovely, all well done. Personally, I prefer the black and white portraits, but I have a history of shooting black and white. I even e-mailed Mark Asher and he sent a note back. I really appreciated his reply.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7