Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Tech person123 > Reviews

Browse

Tech person123's Profile

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tech person123 "tech person" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Richest Man in Babylon -- Six Laws of Wealth
The Richest Man in Babylon -- Six Laws of Wealth
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Skip! Ripoff of the original by George clason, January 20, 2016
This is not the original book by George clason. Ripoff and a scam.

Oliver Sacks: 25 Life Changing Lessons that Will Inspire You: (Oliver Sacks, Oliver Sacks Tips, Oliver Sacks Lessons)

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, short, and poor editing, December 18, 2015
Poor editing with little thought or effort put into it.

Danner Men's Mountain Light II Boot,Black,10 EE US
Danner Men's Mountain Light II Boot,Black,10 EE US
Offered by WebyShops
Price: $232.25
12 used & new from $232.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, runs large, December 11, 2015
I have wide feet and needed to order the 2E width. They tend to run narrow, but for length sizing they run large. I normally would wear a 10.5, but for these a I am wearing a 10 and they are still on the bigger side, but 9.5 would be too small. I would suggest ordering half a size down from your normal size and a wide if you have wide feet. Super comfortable for all day use and good quality. Made in Usa. The tongue can slip to one side a little bit, but it's not really an issue. My only complaint is they tend to be a little warm for non-cold climate use.

BOSS Hugo Boss Men's Hagano Leather Glove, Black, Large
BOSS Hugo Boss Men's Hagano Leather Glove, Black, Large
Price: $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves, but size runs small, December 11, 2015
These gloves have a very soft lining, great looking leather and the tech fingers to touch the phones. My only comment is that it tends to run small. I believe my hands are average size for a male and would normally wear a medium. I ordered the medium, but it was too small, so I needed a large instead. My main complaint is that for the cost of these gloves they should be made in USA, rather than China.

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
by Marie Kondō
Price: $10.30
440 used & new from $4.12

1.0 out of 5 stars Do you worry about your socks' secret lives?, December 11, 2015
If you do, then you may worry about their well-being or happiness. Though this book has lofty goals, has a very popular following, and has some good ideas, it goes too much into the weird zone. It's best to read a summary of the book and focus on a few of the helpful things that Kondo talks about. These main ideas are "does this item spark joy," put all like items together, and stack things vertically (and fold most clothes). If you understand that, then you've captured the essence of this book. The book reads like a hyperbolic vision of tidying up, but then it starts to go into animism, Shintoism, and worrying about the well-being of inanimate objects. Those views are fine if you are into them, but a surprisingly large amount of the book worries about these items' feelings. How about our feelings as people? I went into it with an open mind and did not realize that so much of the book was just a weird way of viewing inanimate objects' lives.
This book is the #1 seller on Zen Buddhism right now in the kindle store and that gives you an idea of strong the spirituality pervades this book. If you do a search and watch a five minute video of her talking you will get the gist of her ideas.
It almost seems as if it's been so popular with American' fascination with eastern philosophy has contributed to its popularity. Between thanking the clothes and worrying about socks' feelings, the thoughts were a eclectic mix in a book about cleaning. I read the whole book and that attitude is pervasive. I believe this has become popular because it reads like a personal biography with ideas interspersed and people love narratives. However, with all the fluff, throwing out her sister's junk and rambling, there is actually little content. Rarely do I feel so strong about a book, but this one has been hyped up to ridiculous levels.
Nice cover picture. A better book might be the classic "Getting Things Done" which covers some of the best ideas on organizing.

Nebo 5620 Redline Select Flashlight
Nebo 5620 Redline Select Flashlight
Offered by lifeforce
Price: $34.00
32 used & new from $25.22

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, but not reliable, December 11, 2015
I wanted to like this flashlight with the high reviews and the brightness of the light. It seemed durable given the exterior shell, but like others it randomly stopped working and hasn't worked since. It hasn't been dropped or had abuse. It was an emergency light, but it's too unreliable so I can't recommend it.

Makita 165153-3 Circular Saw Rip Fence Guide
Makita 165153-3 Circular Saw Rip Fence Guide
Offered by Quality Distributing LLC
Price: $21.99
2 used & new from $21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fence, but missing the screw, September 21, 2012
Though the description does not say the screw is included, it would be nice if it were included in this fence, since the screw doesn't come with the saw. Now, I have to order the screw from another site, which is a little frustrating. The description should say that the screw is missing. Fence seems quality and straight though. The comment by Victor (thanks!) notes that the screw part is: Makita's Screw M6X15, Part Number: 251858-2. I will be ordering with ereplacementparts. I ordered from them and it arrived promptly, but if memory serves me right, with shipping it came to around $9-11. Completely overpriced. This fence should just include the screw.

Bormioli Rocco Rock Bar Shot Glass, Set of 6
Bormioli Rocco Rock Bar Shot Glass, Set of 6
Price: $7.99
7 used & new from $7.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and solid, August 30, 2012
These glasses look like they are from a restaurant (that's what my guests tell me). I suppose that is because they are so solid and great looking. They are not the lightest of glasses, but for only a little bit of extra weight, you have a solid glass that won't spill and is easy to hold. I like being able to stack them and conserve on space. They are made in Spain and complement this set that I also love: Bormioli Rocco Rock Bar Stackable Juice Glasses, Set of 6.

Pearl Izumi Men's Attack Long Sleeve Jersey
Pearl Izumi Men's Attack Long Sleeve Jersey
Price: $71.53 - $108.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, but very thin, July 27, 2012
When I bought this I really wished there was a review of it and yet there was not, so I checked with some other pearl izumi jerseys and hoped the sizing and everything would be ok. Other izumi jersey reviews noted that it tends to run small and that is true. I am a slim 5'9 and the fits me perfectly (shoulder width correct and right length/width). It would not have taken much for it to be too small though. As American brands have moved sizes up over the years I used to wear a medium, but most often now wear small shirts. I would say this runs around 1 to 1.5 smaller than average 'American' style clothing (which is to say loose and american clothes that are small seem to fit more like a full medium). The pictures are accurate for the color/look. There are open pockets in the back and the logo is discreet. The jersey I bought is a MEDIUM.

In choosing this jersey I wanted a long sleeve jersey so it protect my arms from the sun and prevent skin damage. Most jerseys are short sleeve so your arms are exposed to the sun the whole time. I still wear sunblock everyday (recommended) even under this. Another reason for choosing this is that it is upf 50 rated, meaning it is well-suited to protecting skin under sun. It also wicks sweat and breathes well, allowing good airflow. This is certainly acceptable for sunny weather and mid 70s and 80s because of the good breathing and it has so little weight. With that said, this is not one for cooler zones or the winter.

My main concern is that is very thin and does not seem particularly durable. One fall on this and I think it would rip right through. In a fall or even scratching bushes or plants, I think it would not provide any level of protection. It may have been nicer if the sides were reinforced with a vent or maybe the elbows were slightly thicker.

Summary: If you want a long sleeve jersey to protect your skin in the sun that breathes well and light enough to wear in the sun, this is perfect. That was what I wanted in a jersey and this does its job well.

I will update this review on its durability.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2013 8:59 AM PDT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but no visor, July 17, 2012
With the excellent ventilation and lightweight, this seems like the perfect helmet. It has a nice adjustment knob in the back and also looks sleek. It's very comfortable too. My only complaint and it might seem a little picky is that it lacks a visor, which should be at least in the package, given the price and how nice this already is. To deal with the visor issue, I simply wear a ball cap under it. It might looks nuts, but it gives the necessary help. An issue related to this is that it seems difficult to even find a visor, from amazon or anywhere, to attach to a helmet.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2012 1:37 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6