Profile for Chris Baker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris Baker RSS Feed (Overland Park, KS)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Angel Guard Car Seat Button Cover 2 Pack
Angel Guard Car Seat Button Cover 2 Pack
Offered by FRIENDLY BROS.
Price: $19.95
19 used & new from $14.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Best dang thing ever!, September 3, 2014
Had to purchase this to keep my 4 year old autistic child in her seat. This thing works perfectly. It isn't that hard to get off, it is just not how you would expect to take it off. You essentially pull it out around the lock, bending the plastic in the process. The plastic has never cracked or warped from this so it seems to be designed to work exactly that way. This thing is a lifesaver, there is nothing more dangerous than having kids get up out of their seats while you are driving!

SCOSCHE RTHM1.5 Rhythm Heart Rate Monitor
SCOSCHE RTHM1.5 Rhythm Heart Rate Monitor
Offered by Park Deals
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well!, September 3, 2014
I have been using this for well over a month now and it has worked really well. I have not had the sorts of problems described in these reviews. It holds a charge for my hour long runs with no problems, signal has only been lost once which for a bluetooth device is not bad at all after this many uses. I use it with the iCardio app and find it to be very helpful, especially synching that with the MyFitnessPal account I have. I'm very pleased.

Capella Flavor Drops CARAMEL 13ml
Capella Flavor Drops CARAMEL 13ml
Offered by JB Infinity
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, lots of flavor, July 16, 2014
Great caramel flavor, similar to the Caramel flavored syrups out there. A little goes a long way. Great value.

Capella Flavor Drops Double Chocolate Concentrate 13ml
Capella Flavor Drops Double Chocolate Concentrate 13ml
Offered by JB Infinity
Price: $10.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not strong enough, not even close, July 16, 2014
I was disappointed with this Double Chocolate flavoring due to not having much flavor, but the Caramel and Root Beer flavors I ordered do not have this problem.

To a 16oz glass of Almond Milk I needed to add over 20 drops to get a fair chocolate flavor, and honestly I added 30 drops to get it to where I liked it. I could taste the chocolate after a dozen or so drops but it was very faint and quite overpowered by the flavor of the almond milk.

It's a shame, because the primary driver for me ordering these flavors to begin with was primarily this chocolate flavor. With 288 drops inside and an advertised claim on the manufacturers website that around 5 drops per 8oz cup should do for most people, I felt this would be a far better deal and last longer than the Torani sugar free chocolate syrups I had been buying, and felt were rather pricey. At 30 drops per 16oz glass, I am getting 9 uses per bottle, whereas with the Torani syrup I get about 7 or 8 uses. This makes the pricing somewhat similar, and I can pick up Torani while at the store whereas I have to order these drops online.

I would suggest trying their other flavors. I definitely approve of the Root Beer and Caramel flavor drops. I have no experience with any other flavors.

Sauder Orchard Hills Entertainment Credenza with TV Mount
Sauder Orchard Hills Entertainment Credenza with TV Mount

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for., September 20, 2013
I was unable to locate a wooden TV stand with mount that did not have glass shelves or doors. I wanted a heavy, sturdy wooden unit so that it would withstand my 3 yr old and 1.5 yr old's daily abuse and possible climbing without causing them any danger. The sales reps at Nebraska Furniture mart told me that such a unit did not exist, saying that glass was in every unit due to customer demand and that any units with TV's mounted on top were too prone to tipping to be safe. Well, a quick search on Amazon yielded this. This unit can handle 165 pounds on top with no danger of tipping, well more than the weight of my kids and my 42" TV combined (not that I expect them to climb on top of the TV...I hope...). There is NO way this thing is tipping over. It has also already proven to be much safer than any unit with glass in it as the kids play around it while watch TV and (as expected), occasionally try to climb it.

Oh, the unit looks really nice too. So it's not just a nice childproof TV stand. It's a nice piece of furniture as well.

It is a bit of a chore to put together. My 17yo son and I put it together in about 4 to 5 hours. I would rather have a solid unit that requires work to put together than some cheapy piece of crap any day.

Great unit!!!

Bufalo, Salsa Picante Hot, 5.7-Ounce (24 Pack)
Bufalo, Salsa Picante Hot, 5.7-Ounce (24 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is truly fantastic!, October 6, 2009
I love this sauce. This sauce is made to showcase Guajillo peppers, and it does so very well. If you are not familiar with Guajillo's, they are similar to Ancho's but with a more chocolatey flavor.

It is my favorite in the Bufalo line, and is the original sauce that started it all for that company. Very highly recommended.

Bufalo Salsa Picante Clasica - Hot 5.7 Oz (Pack 0f 10)
Bufalo Salsa Picante Clasica - Hot 5.7 Oz (Pack 0f 10)

Buffalo Salsa, Bufalo Picante, 5.70-Ounce
Buffalo Salsa, Bufalo Picante, 5.70-Ounce
Offered by Colby's Gifts and Collectibles
Price: $5.45
3 used & new from $2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars This is truly fantastic!, October 6, 2009

Pain Is Good Jalapeno Wasabi Hot Sauce, Batch #66, 3.75-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique, tasty, addictive even!, October 1, 2009
I received this as a gift and wasn't sure what to think. It was clearly unique. I was having trouble in my mind picturing the nasal blast of wasabi pairing with a jalapeno hot sauce. The first taste told me it was not what I was expecting, and it was in fact real good!

The flavor is a sweet and tangy base (almost mayonnaise in flavor, not texture) with jalapeno up front and wasabi and mustard at the end. The whole thing works together beautifully in my opinion.

This goes great with shrimp as a cocktail sauce, and that is where the rest of my bottle went. I will be buying this again.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sauce with good flavor, October 1, 2009
This sauce has a good delicately balanced flavor, I can understand why it is a favorite sauce among it's fans. The flavor is balanced with no one particular one ingredient taking over. It is a farily simple hot sauce flavor profile with vinegar, garlic and onion boosted with citrus to make it interesting.

I have to admit, it was not quite as hot as I was expecting after seeing it had both habaneros and pepper extract in the ingredients, and from the many warnings on the label about how dangerously hot it was. Don't be fooled though, this is still a very, very hot sauce. I have had other sauces without extracts that were as hot as this which is the only reason I bring this up. I suppose it could be possible the batch I got was weak for some reason and I did not get a typical sample.

This is a good sauce, I would recommend it to others.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6