Profile for A. Gonzales > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Gonzales "A. Gonzales" RSS Feed (Salt Lake City)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
VINTAGE BOONIE HAT - KHAKI, Size 7.75"
VINTAGE BOONIE HAT - KHAKI, Size 7.75"

5.0 out of 5 stars the brim is the perfect size. Nice light weight for a really hot ..., July 10, 2014
Exactly what I wanted, the brim is the perfect size. Nice light weight for a really hot day, and the price was a real bargain.

Spiegelau Beer Classics Lager Glasses, Set of 4
Spiegelau Beer Classics Lager Glasses, Set of 4
Offered by Exclusive Decor
Price: $29.99
11 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful yes, very thin yes, February 27, 2014
Package arrived today, glasses were well protected with lots of packing peanuts. Thanks WineStuff for doing a great job.
As to the glasses themselves, they are a gorgeous shape, a great size, and a newly poured beer looks fantastic in them. But they are so thin, they scare me to death.
So far I have been holding them like I would a live bird. I washed by hand, I don't think that I dare put these in the dishwasher even though the package says that they are "100% certified dishwasher safe".
Only time will tell how durable they actually are. But I am going to be very very careful with them because of how fragile they outwardly appear to be.
Cheers.

10 July 2014 - Follow up.

Well I have been using these glasses for a few months now. They still make me nervous, but they have held up well so far.
I have run them through the dishwasher several times now, no problem.
I've been careful, so as not to knock them over, I don't want to test them that harshly.
Still beautiful, and a joy to admire a freshly poured beer in.

WD TV Live Media Player Wi-fi 1080p
WD TV Live Media Player Wi-fi 1080p
Price: $74.97
85 used & new from $55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed how we watch television, January 2, 2014
Excellent product.
Small and compact, but loaded with features. Reads just about any kind of video file.
Multiple connection options.
I love this thing, we use it just about every day.

France Flag (12 in. x 18 in.)
France Flag (12 in. x 18 in.)
Offered by Flags Unlimited, Inc.
Price: $8.39
3 used & new from $8.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for flying under my American flag, but weak coloring, January 2, 2014
This review is from: France Flag (12 in. x 18 in.)
Nicely made, though a little out of square.
The colors are rather weak, that is, not very bright, but for the price it isn't bad.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great regulator at a great price, but not a DISS outlet, which for me will be okay., January 2, 2014
Quality product that arrived in perfect condition despite the fact that the small box that the regulator comes in was sliding around loose inside a much larger shipping box. No padding whatsoever.

The description says that this comes with a DISS outlet, but the regulator that I received has a barbed outlet.
That will work out for what I need this for (aerating wort for home brewing), but I wasted money buying a DISS to barb adapter that I will now not need.

As to the regulator itself, this is one quality product. Nice finish on the anodized body and chromed valve parts. Control knob moves smoothly with nice soft clicks for each position. Pressure dial has a nice rubberized outer protection. And one very nice feature that was not mentioned in the description but should be, is that the connector inlet has a sintered filter.

Paper Mate 12 Count #2 Mirado Black Warrior Lead Pencils, Medium Soft (2254)
Paper Mate 12 Count #2 Mirado Black Warrior Lead Pencils, Medium Soft (2254)
Price: $1.99
90 used & new from $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality is gone, September 19, 2013
Mirado Black Warriors used to be the best pencil on the market. That is until Paper Mate bought them out.
The quality finish is gone, the foil stamping is barely legible, the erasers don't stay in, and worst of all the lead is off center so sharpening with any consistency is impossible.

The latest version of a once superior pencil is now just like most of the other junk out there.

Rita Moreno: A Memoir
Rita Moreno: A Memoir
by Rita Moreno
Price: $17.05
135 used & new from $3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars No Awards Here!, July 23, 2013
This review is from: Rita Moreno: A Memoir (Hardcover)
Was very excited to read this book. Have always been a fan of Rita Moreno. Poorly written is the best I can say about this book. There is a reason famous people have others write biographies for them. Ms. Moreno should have hired a good writer for this. Ms. Moreno repeats items so many times it seems like a cut and paste job. A very talented person in entertainment, will not receive any awards for this. If I could have given zero stars, I would have. Sigh.

Orange Case for Apple iPod Touch 2G, 3G (2nd & 3rd Generation)
Orange Case for Apple iPod Touch 2G, 3G (2nd & 3rd Generation)
Offered by Bastexwireless - Authorized ZeroLemon Retailer
Price: $3.33
3 used & new from $3.33

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit, May 23, 2013
I didn't have high hopes for this product because the price was so low, and I got what I payed for. It is a good idea in theory, the two halves slide on and snap together. The problem that I had was that it is about 1mm too short. I worked up a sweat trying to force the two halves tight enough so the tab lock would engage.
After twenty minutes I gave up.
I ended up gluing the two halves together, and then snapping my iPod into it.
If it fit, this would be a nifty case. Thin, good protection, the colors of my San Francisco Giants, nice idea, but just a wee bit too small.

Nick Faldo: Driven: The Definitive Biography
Nick Faldo: Driven: The Definitive Biography
by Dale Concannon
68 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Worse condition than led to believe, May 2, 2013
Water stains, scratches, dents, yellowed pages, faded and peeling ink on cover not mentioned.
But for the price I shouldn't complain too much.
This copy will be a read and toss, which I usually don't do with books.

Bellini: I Capuleti e i Montecchi
Bellini: I Capuleti e i Montecchi
Price: $30.35
45 used & new from $18.60

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor audio recording reproduction, March 14, 2013
Beautiful performances, beautiful packaging, great photos and libretto booklet, but the quality of the audio on the discs is not that great.
I don't know if I just got a bad copy, but I have to turn the volume all the way up to be able to hear it.
Deutsche Grammophon is by far my favorite label of classical music, but I have to say that they dropped the ball here when the recording was duped.
Cheers.