Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for J. Luhman > Reviews

Browse

J. Luhman's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Luhman RSS Feed (Minnesota, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Denise Austin: Hot Body Yoga
Denise Austin: Hot Body Yoga
DVD
Price: $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but don't pay extra for the HD format, June 24, 2015
Summary: Not serious yoga but good for beginners or stretching on off-days. Don't pay extra for HD.

This is a video for beginners. It's not bad, but it certainly won't be challenging for anyone who is in decent shape and/or has done a significant amount of yoga in the past. BUT - I don't think it's supposed to be anything else anyway. I got a good stretch and broke a tiny sweat - which is what I was hoping for since I did this on an 'off day'.

A couple other comments:
* Denise's style isn't for everyone. Her style is a somewhat subdued 'everyone is awesome' style. Not super-high energy - if you like Jillian Michaels or Tony Horton, she's not them. At the same time, she didn't put me to sleep. So kind of 'middle of the road'.
* The source material for this video does NOT appear to have been shot in HD. Maybe it was my connection, but the video was grainy and fuzzy even though it said that it was playing in HD. I suspect this video was originally released on VHS, and they didn't bother to up-res. So don't waste your money on the HD format.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with XBox One!, December 3, 2013
This little box pulled in more channels than my TV tuner. I can now get more channels than ever before. Having the ability to pause live TV is something I missed after dumping DirecTV, but now I have it again. The extra bonus is that this works great with the XBox One. I just had to choose 'Media Sonic' in the setup.

Recommended!

Braun Cruzer 6 Beard and Head Trimmer, 1 Count
Braun Cruzer 6 Beard and Head Trimmer, 1 Count
Offered by FireBall
Price: $50.69
11 used & new from $44.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for shaving, but mine died after 18 months., December 3, 2013
I love this little shaver. Has lots of different depth settings so you can trim to different lengths. It's easy to clean and works great in the shower. The only downside is that mine died after just 18 months. BUT - I like how it shaves so much I bought another - this time with the Squaretrade 3 year warranty. If it were more durable, it'd be a 5 star rating for sure.

Mediasonic HW180STB HomeWorx HDTV Digital Converter Box with Media Player Function, Dolby Digital and HDMI Out (Old Version)
Offered by Star Jammer
Price: $34.49
32 used & new from $27.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT work with XBox One!, December 3, 2013
Contrary the headline in some other reviews, this product currently does NOT work with the XBox One. I bought it thinking it would, and now I'm returning it. True, you can use it to push a TV signal through to the Xbox, but the XB cannot control it's volume, change it's channels, pause, or power this box on/off. If you are looking for a solution to use with Xbox One, look for the HomeWorx HW-150PVR ATSC Digital TV Converter Box w/ Media Player & Recording PVR Function / HDMI Out. I have also purchased it, and the HW-150PVR works with Xbox One perfectly.

Other than that, it's a nice OTA tuner. Picked up more channels than the tuner I had in my TV.

HTC Titan, Black 16GB (AT&T)
HTC Titan, Black 16GB (AT&T)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, December 23, 2011
I use this phone and an iPhone 4, and I can honestly say that I prefer the HTC Titan for 90% of my personal use cases. Here's where this phone shines:

1) Speed - this phone does everything super-quick. I've never had to wait on this phone for anything.

2) Screen Size - I love the huge screen. I can type so much better on this phone than on my iPhone, that I now get irratated when I have to type on my iPhone because the keys are so small.

3) Camera - the camera is awesome, easy to use, high quality, and has some features not found on most other smartphones. It has a 'burst' mode which takes a series of 5 or so photos in rapid succession. I have kids, and this feature is great to capture some shots I would otherwise miss. There is also an 'auto fix' feature which makes the nice photos this phone takes look even better by correcting color, etc.

There are only 2 reasons I can think of why someome might still prefer an iPhone over the HTC Titan:
* Apps - there are a couple apps I use every day (LoseIt and Audible) that are not available on Windows phone, so check out app selection if you have 1 or 2 critical apps you can't live without. BUT - if you have an iPod Touch or iPad, then feel free to dump the iPhone for the HTC Titan and use those apps on those devices.
* Phone Size - people with small hands may find the HTC Titan too big to use with one hand. If that's the case, check out the Samsung Focus S (also a great phone, I used it for a couple weeks before switching to the Titan) or the HTC Radar.

So that's it! Go get one!

Woods 59204 All Weather Outdoor Timer with Rain Tight Case, Repeats Daily with 3-Prong Plug
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $23.24
4 used & new from $23.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Great timer, a few design flaws, but worth the money, February 1, 2011
I bought this timer to run my dogs heated water bucket. I like that I can't loose the pins, and that I can set it in 15 minute increments. It gives you a lot of flexibility. The cover is great, and does a great job at keeping dust, dirt, and moisture away from the pins. The cord is about 4 inches too short to allow for mounting next to an outdoor outlet. Recently my timer for a 1500 watt tank heater quit working, so I put this timer on that appliance. It has handled the load for a couple months now, although I'm worried I've probably reduced its useful life. The pins are a bit hard to move with your fingers, so you will need a pointy object. Overall I would buy this product again. I'm hoping they come out with a model with a longer cord.

Woods 59382 15-Amp 3-Prong Outdoor Heavy Duty Timer
Woods 59382 15-Amp 3-Prong Outdoor Heavy Duty Timer
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $20.23
8 used & new from $11.28

4.0 out of 5 stars A few design flaws, but overall a great timer, February 1, 2011
I bought this timer to run my stock tank heater for my horses. The heaters are 1500 Watts, and this timer handles that load just fine.I like that it has a tight fitting cover that keeps the dust, dirt and moisture away from the pins. That should make it last longer. The pins are in 15 minute increments, and allow great flexibility. They are hard to move with your finger, so use a pointy object. Since I always have a multitool with me, its not a big deal. The cord could be a bit longer to allow for better mounting, and for the covers of your outdoor outlets to close properly. But this timer has saved me well over $50 per month on my water heating bills.

Fetal Bait Apocalypse; 3 Collections in 1
Fetal Bait Apocalypse; 3 Collections in 1
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality tales with a twist, October 15, 2010
I'm a fan of old time horror radio and shows like the Twilight Zone. So the descriptions of this book piqued my interest. I'm happy to report that this book did not dissapoint! The tales are creepy, well written, and lots of fun. Thanks Joel for quality contributions to the genre.

Marware Eco-Vue for iPad
Marware Eco-Vue for iPad
Offered by Good Guys Electronics
Price: $6.99
6 used & new from $5.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Falling apart after less than 2 months - BUT Replacement is a little better., October 1, 2010
Make sure you read the whole review - as I went from liking, to not liking, to re-liking, to ultimately disliking this case.

I really, really wanted to like this product, and I did at first. The design is very good. I like the kickstand and the elastic strap which holds the case closed, and it seems to offer good protection for the iPad. However, after less than 2 months of use, the rubber/silicone seals on the inside of the case have started to crack and separate from the edges of the case. Eventually, they just fall off, and then the microfiber starts to fray. So far about 15% of the seal has fallen off my case, and another 25% is loose and will undoubtedly fall off in the next few weeks. Additionally, it seems as if the microfiber is stretching out, and it no longer holds my iPad securely.

I have emailed Marware's support address, and I will report back on how they respond. But for now, I cannot in good conscience recommend this product because while I believe the product has a very good design, the one I received seems to be defective.

UPDATE 1: Marware Support replied within minutes of my email stating that they cannot issue a refund because I did not buy the item directly from them (bought through Amazon, obviously), but that they can send a replacement if I sent them a picture of the defective product (I added the picture to the Amazon "related images" section - so see that area if you are interested) and a copy of the receipt. I did so, and will continue to update when they reply again.

UPDATE 2: Marware support received the pictures I sent of this defective product and provided me with a tracking number - apparently they are sending a new case. I will report back when I receive the new case.

UPDATE 3: Received the new case 2 days after contacting Marware about this issue - so that is a great response. The new case is a different build than the original case I purchased back in August. The tab which holds the iPad in the case is much wider and stiffer, and holds the iPad much more securely than the original case ever did. However, there is still rubber/silicon sealing the edges of the inside of the case. On this brand new unit, the sealing is all very tight and looks good - but only time will tell if this case holds together. For now, I will add one more star to my review (from 1 star to 2 stars) - due to the great response on this issue - but I'll come back in another two months or so to let everyone know if this new unit holds together and I will revise my rating again at that time.

UPDATE 4: 12/24/2010 - After having the replacement case for 2+ months, I will say it is holding up MUCH better than the original. There is no cracking of the seals around the edges, and it is still holding on to the iPad tightly. I would give it's performance over these 2 months an A-, deducting just a bit because the elastic band which holds the case open/shut is a little looser than brand-new. It still works fine, but if it continues to loosen over time, it may someday fail to keep the case closed. I guess I may have to update things again in a few more months! I'm adding two more stars - (from 2 to 4), because it seems like this replacement case, while not perfect, is performing like I originally expected.

UPDATE 5: 3/26/2011 - another three months have passed and the case is starting to fall apart again. Too bad. I still really like the design of the case, but I cannot recommend this case due to the inferior quality. It seems like this second version of the case has held up for a bit longer than the original, but in the end, it still wears out much more quickly than I would have liked. I'm getting my iPad 2 in a couple of days, and I WILL NOT be getting a Marware case for it. I'm revising my review one final time from 4 to 2 stars.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2010 8:58 AM PST

Old Spice Cool Contact Refreshment Towels Travel Packs, Pure Sport - 4 packs
Old Spice Cool Contact Refreshment Towels Travel Packs, Pure Sport - 4 packs

5.0 out of 5 stars Any chance for a comeback?, August 3, 2010
I bought 10 cases about 5 years ago when I heard they were going out of production. I'm down to my last half-case! I hope they make a comeback. These things are really handy!

Page: 1 | 2