Profile for John K. Hollenbeck > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John K. Hollenbeck RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great on the Fire Tv, December 13, 2014
This review is from: Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (App)
Game looks great and plays really well on the fire TV with the controller. I don't do a lot of reviews but this game is really great. I love the first person and third person views. Tons of weapons and a really immersive odd west world. You can't go wrong for six bucks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2015 2:06 AM PST

The After Exclusive Clip [HD]
The After Exclusive Clip [HD]
DVD

1.0 out of 5 stars If you love bad acting and cheesy one liners tune in to this helicopter wreck, February 20, 2014
First I would like to state I did not make it through the whole episode. I simply couldn't watch another second of this poorly written and acted show. The dialog is horrid. The characters cliche. Please for the love of all that is good about TV take the film, the hard disk and anything else that contains this monstrosity and burn it.

Premium Key USB Flash Memory Drive 32GB
Premium Key USB Flash Memory Drive 32GB
Offered by King Toys Store
Price: $9.96
18 used & new from $9.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Product., February 11, 2013
I use this at work. I am constantly backing users profiles and re-imaging machines. This drive has worked without a hitch. Great drive, I have used it for about 4 months now.

Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Offered by Fat Owls
Price: $60.20
14 used & new from $29.99

940 of 1,025 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Modded to Increase the range., April 29, 2012
I would rate this product a three or maybe even a two out of the box because of it's range issues. This device connects well and reconnects well but my range was at 10 ft tops and then it skips and stutters.So i took the box apart(Voiding the Warranty) by removing the four screws under the padded feet. Inside is a steel plate on the bottom of the device to make the product feel heavier( No Function). I removed this steel plate that blocks the bluetooth signal, and put the device back together it took less than five minutes. This gained me about 8 feet of range. Last I flipped the device upside-down on my shelf and could get close to thirty feet away from the receiver before I was out of range. I feel the device should have been built right. Adding something to give a device a heavy quality feel is kind of cheesy but when it reduces function its plain stupid. Also the device board should have been installed facing the opposite way to allow for better range. Regardless after making this simply modification the device works well.Hope this might help someone else increase the range of this product. Also I read a review about a Belkin Bluetooth receiver that also adds a weight plate (that limits range) and that's why I decided to take apart the Logitech so thanks to reviewer R. Moore for the idea.
Comment Comments (42) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2014 9:47 PM PDT

SABMobile : Remote for SABnzbd
SABMobile : Remote for SABnzbd
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this app, March 31, 2012
Great interface. Works great allows you to pause resume downloads. Also allows you to add nzb files from your phone or tablet. Top shelf app

3M Easy-Adjust Monitor Stand (MS110MB)
3M Easy-Adjust Monitor Stand (MS110MB)
Price: $46.72
65 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice monitor stand, September 1, 2011
This 3m stand is great for allowing the monitor to be adjusted to various heights easily. I didn't need to adjust the tension, it just worked. I bought this because I need to display my monitor vertically and this works like a charm. I can finally read textbooks online with out constantly scrolling. Great product. Easy to use easy to hook up.

Wmu RCARCRN06GR 6 Device Universal Remote
Wmu RCARCRN06GR 6 Device Universal Remote
Price: $12.49
86 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great remote with learning capabilities, February 25, 2011
This remote was easy to program works with; my RCA 40 inch LCD TV, my Dish TV VIP211K (even the dvr function) and my Western Digital Live TV hub. The volume pass through to my TV just worked. I had to use the learning feature for one button for my Western Digital TV hub ( button was not crucial). The learning feature was a snap.Very nice layout if you like dish TV's stock remotes. I love the large buttons. The back-light is a definite plus. This remote was 15 dollars with shipping and handling, and worth ever penny. I wanted something like my dish remote that worked for everything. I was pleasantly surprised it had the code for western digital media streamers.This remote feels nice in your hand. Great remote!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2013 5:15 PM PDT

VideoSecu Articulating Silver Swing Arm TV Wall Mount for most 15 inch to 24 inch LCD TV Monitor Flat panel Display M11
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $13.49
2 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mount for my 26 inch lcd, December 22, 2010
Great mount for my 26 inch lcd. Fast shipping good customer support. can't beat the price for this sturdy little mount.

ScreenGuardz Ultra-Slim Screen Protector for HTC EVO - 5 Pack - Transparent
ScreenGuardz Ultra-Slim Screen Protector for HTC EVO - 5 Pack - Transparent
Price: $7.15
3 used & new from $7.15

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really that tranasparent, December 22, 2010
These protectors are the static type. You only peal one side then apply. They leave hideous bubbles (the instructions say they will disappear in 24 hrs but they don't). The protectors are really kind of rubbery and don't allow your fingers to move well across the screen. The worst thing is I have thirteen of these things to protect my trash linear. Buy something different your Evo deserves better.

Haier HL22XSLW2 White 22-Inch Ultra Slim LED LCD HDTV
Haier HL22XSLW2 White 22-Inch Ultra Slim LED LCD HDTV

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound on this tv is truely awlful., April 12, 2010
This tv has a really nice picture and has a good feature set however the sound is horrible. The minute you turn the tv up to a reasonable level the base distorts horribly. I played with every eq setting and turned the base complete down still sounds awful. I ended up buying a set of wireless speakers. I know a lot of people will use this in a bed room or a kids room and don't want to add speakers. I am not picky when it comes to audio and was not looking for ultra performance. However these built in speaker are not equipped to handle any reasonable volume.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2011 5:05 PM PST