ARRAY(0x9d99f918)

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kristopher Smith "PS3 Man" RSS Feed (Tempe, AZ USA)

PlayStation Vita - Wifi
PlayStation Vita - Wifi
Offered by VideoGamesDiva
Price: $212.99
152 used & new from $119.98

4.0 out of 5 stars A Worthy Successor of the PSP, February 24, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After playing around with my PS Vita for a couple days, I've been able to test out most of the features and game demos to give it the best possible review. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with my Vita. It's definitely worth the money I spent. I think it has potential to be a very successful system. I'm excited to see what developers create for it. A PS Vita version of Monster Hunter would make it sell out the roof, especially in Japan. Here's some features and components I thought stood out to me when I played it, good/bad.

PROS:
-The Design: One can quickly identify the Vita as a jumbo-sized PSP 1000, except the Vita is quite different. It is extremely light for it's size, and very sleek.

-The Screen: The first thing that stands out to anybody who picks up the device. The 5" OLED display is beautiful to the say the least. Along with the vivid display, is the touch component. The screen is extremely responsive, as responsive or better than my own iPhone's. No lag, whatsoever. A truly beautiful thing, especially for a gaming device where a majority of the controls rely on the screen's sensitivity.

-The Controls(Buttons, Sticks): One thing that Sony hyped up that supposed to revolutionize handheld gaming was the addition quasi analog sticks. The initial feeling is a very grippy one, which is good for a gamer. Although very small in comparison to its Dualshock brother, the two control sticks do a great job when handling games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss. The X[]'O buttons are smaller compared to its predecessors' but once in gameplay their size does not pose an issue.

-The OS/UI: After reading some earlier reviews before release, I found that many people disliked the UI that Sony had implemented with the PS Vita. I on the other hand, disagree. It is very user-friendly, as I had no problems using it. They made closing apps really easy by just a drag of the finger. Although it's not as simple looking as it's ancestor's XMB, it is still really easy to use and find things.

-Party App: FINALLY. Something every Sony gamer has been calling for since the minute they played their systems online. The ability to do cross-game chat is huge for the Vita. It has the ability to chat with up to 8 people. The voice quality is very good, almost phone call quality. Very impressed with this feature.

-Near: Near is an app that shows near by Vita players in your current location. It shows displays your PSN ID to others on a radar and shows the closest players and what games they're playing. I was surprised to see about 20 Vita players in a 2 mile radius around ASU campus. A good addition to the Vita.

CONS:

-Remote Play: I was very eager to try out Remote Play, to see if Sony had made any improvements on it since the PSP days. I was disappointed to find that it was EXACTLY the same as it was on my PSP. I tried to play many of my PSN games but to no avail, the same message over again, "This feature is not available." I thought maybe with the increased computing power of the Vita, it would have the ability to do more with this feature. I was wrong. Hopefully Sony addresses this issue in an a feature update.

-The Ability to play PS1 Games(Or Lack there of): It seems like a regression of sorts to not include a feature the PSP had. With the PS Store's large collection(and continually growing one), why not include the functionality to play PS1 games. I know Sony says they're working on the issue, but I really would have liked to see them have it on day 1. It would give owners something to play if they didn't buy any games at launch.

-Camera: You'd think with Sony making the Vita, they would include a high quality camera. Nope. It's average at best. It's very grainy and doesn't focus well. But it's not such a big deal, you buy a playstation to game right?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 29, 2012 6:29 PM PST

Booq Vyper M3 Sleeve for 15" MacBook Pro (Black)
Booq Vyper M3 Sleeve for 15" MacBook Pro (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Protection, January 2, 2012
The Booq Vyper M3 does just as it advertises, providing ample protection for your MBP. I bought it specifically to put in a backpack because I feared without a case it would eventually endure some cosmetic damage from carrying it around. I'm proud to say that I've made it through a semester of college without a scratch on my computer's aluminum body. The case is quite the "tank" as some of my friends call it. The only thing to watch out for is to always carefully zip/unzip the case. If you're not careful, the zipper may slide over your computer, possibly leaving it with a scratch. Don't worry though, this problem never affected me as I'm sure the majority of MBP owners care about their computer's condition. I recommend this to any college student who carries their computer around campus.

Harbinger 143 Men's Pro Wash & Dry Gloves (Natural, Large)
Harbinger 143 Men's Pro Wash & Dry Gloves (Natural, Large)
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $15.47

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Accessory for the Gym, December 26, 2011
These gloves are a great investment if you spend a lot of time in the gym. Before using these, lifting would put a lot of stress on my hands almost making it unbearable to continue. While wearing the Harbinger gloves, they provide my hands with ample protection when lifting weights, doing pull-ups, etc. The only bad thing is the natural color gets a little dirty but other than that you can't go wrong!

Utah Jazz Logo 2010 Sports Poster Print - 22x34 custom fit with RichAndFramous Black 22 inch Poster Hangers
Offered by PosterRevolution

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to a Dorm Room, December 26, 2011
This poster adds some spice to a dull room. Vivid colors and great size for the price. Totally recommend for Jazz fans!

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Playstation 3
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Playstation 3
Offered by J & S GAMES
Price: $21.95
325 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Breathtaking, December 26, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Let's start by saying, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is by far one of the best games I have played in some time. I've been a huge fan of the Uncharted series to this point and after playing the third installment, it does not disappoint.

Gameplay: 5/5 : This game plays like a movie. And that's a good thing. The new combat system is excellent, being able to brawl multiple enemies at once is a definite upgrade. The climbing and shooting remain the same from the previous games, but why fix something that isn't broken?

Graphics: 5/5 : Its graphics are stunning. I haven't seen graphics this good since Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. All the levels are beautifully designed, along with the architecture and characters.

Story: 5/5 : Once again, Uncharted has developed another epic sequel. One thing that sets the uncharted games apart from other games is the story. It always keeps you on the edge of your seat as the games hero's Nathan Drake and Victor Sullivan cling on to dear life.

Online Play: 5/5 : One new thing that the Uncharted series introduced in the last installment was competitive online modes. Uncharted 3 builds on this and makes it infinitely better. With the ability to customize your own class and character, similar to Call of Duty, makes the online mode a lot of fun. Other new features include the ability to play split-screen online and sign-in two different PSN accounts. The latter feature is something PSN players have eagerly called for in multiplayer games. There is also a lot co-op modes like adventure, survival, arena that add to the list of things to do in multiplayer.

Overall an amazing game, would totally recommend it to any fan of the series or anyone for that matter. It's more than just a mere shooter. It incorporates an intriguing story with fun puzzles and excellent gameplay to construct a pure masterpiece.

PlayStation 3 Verical Stand
PlayStation 3 Verical Stand
4 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must need for your PS3, August 17, 2008
This product is great for people who stand their PS3 vertically. Protect your investment from being knocked over and potencially broken. This stand also makes a great game holder.

2.5mm (Male) To 3.5mm (Female) Stereo Audio Jack Adapter
2.5mm (Male) To 3.5mm (Female) Stereo Audio Jack Adapter
Offered by Cosy Zone
Price: $1.31
50 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Env2, August 17, 2008
Cell phone headphones are hard to come by. If you go through headphones like me you don't want to keep buying ones because you lose them or they break. With this adapter you can use your favorite 3.5mm earphones that you use for your MP3 player. Everyone always has standard headphones around their house so buy this inexpensive adapter.

Logitech USB Vantage Headset for PlayStation 2 and PlayStation3
Logitech USB Vantage Headset for PlayStation 2 and PlayStation3
Offered by DirectDeals4U
Price: $19.99
12 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Headset for the Best Price, August 10, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm sick and tired of people giving bad reviews on this headset.I own a PS3 and I've played COD4 for about 12 days. Many people have horrible mics that echo and make what I call "the devil screech." Bluetooth mics create that noice when they pick up background noice. I previously owned a blutooth not knowing about this one. The first problem was it echoed horribly, where as the this product has no echo what so ever. Also charging a blutooth can be a pain and turning it on and off for some can be trouble. When using this product it requires no charging and it is always paired and it is always on. The noise cancelation on this product is great. I usually always have a loud tv on in my house and my friends can't hear it any more since I've switched to the Logitech USB. Also the cord is very long so you don't have to play close to your tv if you don't want to. In short this headset is the most reliable product on the market today for its inexpensive price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2010 11:00 AM PDT