Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now DOTD
Profile for Nathan Imel > Reviews

Nathan Imel's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nathan Imel "NAI" RSS Feed (Lovington, NM, USA)

Tangled Up Tour 2008
Tangled Up Tour 2008
DVD ~ Girls Aloud
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $4.48

5.0 out of 5 stars The Madcaps Detangled!, June 26, 2009
This review is from: Tangled Up Tour 2008 (DVD)
I first discovered Girls Aloud several months ago untill recently when I saw them on YouTube. This concert DVD, filmed at London's 02, is something extraordinary. Supporting their "Tangled Up" album, the show offers great performances for nearly 2 hours. It begins with their 'flying' stunt followed by their album's first single, "SEXY! NO NO NO...". On the plus side, the DVD also includes the 3 music videos normally aired on European TV. Just want to assure every American pop fan that this DVD will play on US DVD players, especially portables, despite the PAL format, and it is region-free. When you get the chance, if it's still available, buy it. You'll be amazed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2009 8:15 PM PST

Offered by picklebone
Price: $15.99
10 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Call of the Wild, in classical crossover terms., May 14, 2009
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
I could hardly believe my eyes at first when I saw this CD a recommendation 3 months ago. I decided to check it out by sampling it.
Regardless of what others think about Wild's "Time" CD, it's awesome. I've heard CDs by other performers such as Vanessa-Mae, Bond and the Planets, but the lassies from Wild have made their album different from the rest. With unusual names like Iva, Andjelka, Izzy, Katie and Chantal, it's no wonder this music is extraordinary.

Out of all 13 songs on this CD, there are some enjoyable songs like Wild's take on "Ave Maria". Others include originals such as "Hypnotic", the ballad "Time and Silence" (which features Iva Cojic's angelic soulful voice), "String Fever" (with a bit of Celtic flavor), plus the bonus track, "Living In the Land", with the guitar riff that somehow reminds of the Little River Band.

I understand how some people would buy this CD and not like it as much, but me...I love it! If you ever feel disillusioned by Bond or Vanessa-Mae by any chance, then Wild's "Time" CD is for you. Trust me on this, you won't be disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2013 11:46 AM PDT

Boa the Live
Boa the Live

5.0 out of 5 stars All the way from South Korea, the young & lovely Boa Kwon!, December 21, 2008
This review is from: Boa the Live (DVD)
Whew! After buying the MADE IN 20 album, I've had a deep desire to buy this full concert DVD that marks the milestone where Boa Kwon comes of age. She surely knows how to whoop it up for her homeland fans without even knowing she could possibly have some American fans as well.
BOA THE LIVE delivers moments of soulful content with ballads and funky confections like "Brand New Beat", "Valenti", "Love Song", "Winter Love" and of course, "Lady Galaxy". Still, I prefer to watch this show with the sound off; No offense. However, it's still a great Korean import in case any American wants to learn Korean, which I may end up doing in the future. You won't be disappointed.

Made in Twenty (20)
Made in Twenty (20)
Offered by Hakuchu-Do
Price: $16.83
102 used & new from $3.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Brand-new beat, indeed!, December 21, 2008
This review is from: Made in Twenty (20) (Audio CD)
I must admit, I've actually heard this album on a plane coming back from Germany in mid-May. Due to the fact that miss Boa Kwon actually sings the entire album in Korean, there are some scattered passages in English, resulting in MADE IN 20's opening track, "Lady Galaxy". Through it all, the closing all-English track is her cover of George Michael's "Last Christmas". Now the bonus DVD that came with the CD has 3 music videos & some highlights from "BoA the Live". My fave music video is "Brand New Beat", which I'm sorry to say, works better with the sound off, because I don't understand Korean. My other fave is "Winter Love". In the best way, it makes me wish that Boa Kwon would make an entire compilation in English. Untill then, I'll enjoy what I've got.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2009 1:49 AM PST

Offered by mirmedia_movies_and_music
Price: $3.75
17 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy, seductive trance-pop at its best., December 21, 2008
This review is from: Fantasy (Audio CD)
I recall buying a copy of "Take Me In Your Arms" elsewhere 4 years ago. Now this CD, due to the fact that it's Fantasy's debut, is their lead-up.
Although it has 3 mixes of their debut single "Again", the original works best for me. I enjoy the other songs just as much. Even the enhanced video portion shows the singers' charms as they dance around in front of a "black screen" disguised with screensaver-type graphics.
There are also some sweet pictures of each member, as well as an EPK (which I care little about). Overall, this CD doesn't need that much lyrical content, better yet, it stands out perfectly.